Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Getting a USA visa (travelling to america with a drink driving conviction)

BT_Boy is offline Member

Default Re: Getting a USA visa

Nooooo....Why do that lol?

Do they have your name? If so just don't tell anyone and go!

As long as it's a straight up drink driving charge they haven't a clue.

I've been arrested twice. Once for being a passenger in a stolen vehicle. (My friend took out his mums car without telling her.)

And secondly for drink driving....

And I just breezed through customs/security.

All they do is fingerprint and take your picture....and maybe a quick question about your intentions.

Just go for it is my advice.

Sammyt is offline Member

I think your right BT boy and flapping for no reason but.... alot of the holiday for me is the anticaption. Wanna go out the night before in Crawley, take advantage of the free drinks on the flight and enjoy the holiday build up. Wont be able to do that if im unsure as to if I will be rejected when I get there. 99.9% sure it would be fine but just wanna get covered. Will send it over, if they say tick NO that will be the end of it.
    Otherwise it will be the stupid/pointless/expensive VISA route :-S

new_pedestrian is offline Established Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sammyt View Post
    Wanna go out the night before in Crawley, take advantage of the free drinks on the flight
    I don't know much about the whole visa debate other than what's in this thread, but I do quite like watching all those programmes on TV about passport control, customs officers etc. - one thing that seems to attract a thorough questioning (including criminal record questions) in Australia and New Zealand is a drunk passenger staggering around in the immigration queue!

I know we're not talking about Australia and NZ, but I thought it might be worth mentioning that drawing attention to yourself by being hammered and then turning out to have a drink-related conviction under your belt might not be the best move. I'm just saying.

pippet27 is offline Member

Sammy I know how you feel, I think it's well documented on here how scared I am!! As you say it's the build up, my kids are getting all excited and I'm too scared to. I keep thinking "yeah but what if".... Im going on the ESTA after over a year of worrying, this thread has convinced me that it will be ok. If you can wait till I get back I'll tell you how it went. Hopefully that will be after my holiday and not the day after I leave Fingers crossed....

Oh and stop e-mailing them, they might decide to have a crack down on it just when I arrive
    Last edited by Forum Moderator; 06-02-2011 at 09:10 PM.

chrishanary is offline New Member

BT_Boy is offline Member

Hi Chris,

The link you've posted up I believe is with regards to a working Visa, and not a 90 day ESTA.

Maybe someone else can I help me out?

But anyway, I have recently travelled to Florida on the ESTA and had no problems at all and have a drink driving conviction to my name.

I have previous posts if you are interested on the last page.

Regards..

Nic01 is offline Member

Unhappy Re: Getting a USA visa with a DUI

Hi my husband got a DUI in April 07, ban for 15 months. We want to have a family holday in New York and thought he couldn't use the VWP/ESTA so paid $140 for the embassy interview in April this year and £35 for the police form only for him to be told he now needs a medical (at min £250) but it seems that actually he could have used the ESTA - the letter he got when he attended the interview (which lasted 2 mins and he had to wait over 4 hours for) says - Please Note:If you do not schedule a panel physician examination within 3 months we will consider your case abandoned' - it also says that until this time 'For US immigration law purposes, including ESTA, this decision constitutes a denial of visa'.

I really wish we hadn't gone down this route and we haven't booked a holiday so no money wasted on this but can anyone advise if we just leave it if we will have a problem getting an ESTA for the US? Really appreciate some help.

DTA8342 is offline New Member

Hi Guys,

Has anyone travelled in the last two months and got experiences to share?

Also, has anyone applied through the Embassy/Medical Route and got a sotry to share?

Sammyt is offline Member

How did it go Pippet?

keston7 is offline Member

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Hi there. Am going through the visa application process myself. And went for my interview at the Embassy last week. Waited for three hours and then was told about the medical. It came as a surprise as it is not mentioned anywhere on the Embassy site as part of the process.

Your son will be asked for a medical. Apparently it is a mandatory part of the process for anyone with an alcohol related offence.

I managed to get a quick appointment for a medical. I am in a high state of anxiety as I booked tickets before i realised this was the process and meant to be going in a couple of weeks.

The medical is a full one; chest xray for TB, blood test for sexually transmitted diseases. And no idea whether or not I will get a visa agreed. Good luck. I would get your DS160 done asap and send off the ACPO certificate otherwise you cannot book an appointment at the Embassy

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast