Case never heard of?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Deflama

Hello everyone.

Well, im in a bit of a state at the moment over a drink driving offence. Ill let you know my story first before i ask the questions.

Ok, so, last saturday night i was out with a couple of friends, was rather drunk. When i left the club I had gone back to my car and drove for about 2 minutes before stopping the car at the side of the road. I stopped when i realised what i was doing was wrong and didnt want to go any further. I don't know how long i was there for before a police officer came and knocked on my window. I knew i was pretty much screwed at that point. So i Explained to the police officer, was beathalized, he moved my car to a safe car park and arrested me.

Down at the police station i was questioned, breathalized again, finger prints taken etc (readings taken were 64 (limit is 35)). 45 minutes later i was released on bail for co-operation, taken back to my car where they said i was alowd to sleep for the night and to return to the police station in the morning at 8am for my keys.

Strange thing is, my bail notice was not to appear in court. It was to attend the police station on the 22nd december at 8:30pm.

Now, i spoke to my solicitor a few days ago about the matter and she informed me she had never heard of a case, in the 10 years shes been deling with them, where someone was realsed on bail, taken back to their own car to sleep (to sleep in your car even without the keys when drunk was an offence last i checked? and people have been done for it) and then to go back at a later date to the police station and not the magistrates court. :confused:

Has anyone else heard of this happening? My solicitor could only hypothosize what could happen and the only advice she could give me was not to do anything until the 22nd, not to pressure them into anything. It may be a slap on the wrist or something more serious? Its put me in more of a state doing this than just telling me i was going to loose my license.

Thanks for any responses and sorry for the wall of text :)

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

Well, im in a bit of a state at the moment over a drink driving offence. Ill let you know my story first before i ask the questions.

Ok, so, last saturday night i was out with a couple of friends, was rather drunk. When i left the club I had gone back to my car and drove for about 2 minutes before stopping the car at the side of the road. I stopped when i realised what i was doing was wrong and didnt want to go any further. I don't know how long i was there for before a police officer came and knocked on my window. I knew i was pretty much screwed at that point. So i Explained to the police officer, was beathalized, he moved my car to a safe car park and arrested me.

Down at the police station i was questioned, breathalized again, finger prints taken etc (readings taken were 64 (limit is 35)). 45 minutes later i was released on bail for co-operation, taken back to my car where they said i was alowd to sleep for the night and to return to the police station in the morning at 8am for my keys.

Strange thing is, my bail notice was not to appear in court. It was to attend the police station on the 22nd december at 8:30pm.

Now, i spoke to my solicitor a few days ago about the matter and she informed me she had never heard of a case, in the 10 years shes been deling with them, where someone was realsed on bail, taken back to their own car to sleep (to sleep in your car even without the keys when drunk was an offence last i checked? and people have been done for it) and then to go back at a later date to the police station and not the magistrates court. :confused:

Has anyone else heard of this happening? My solicitor could only hypothosize what could happen and the only advice she could give me was not to do anything until the 22nd, not to pressure them into anything. It may be a slap on the wrist or something more serious? Its put me in more of a state doing this than just telling me i was going to loose my license.

Thanks for any responses and sorry for the wall of text :)

This is certainly a very unusual situation. You were breathalysed and the reading was 64 so you were clearly over the maximum legal prescribed limit. Did you admit to driving the car? Perhaps they were uncertain of which offence they should charge you with based on the evidence they had, driving or attempting to drive with excess alcohol or in charge of a vehicle with excess alcohol and have sought guidance from the CPS, hence why you have been bailed to attend the police station rather than the Magistrates Court.

If you are charged with either of these offences, you will not just get a slap on the wrist, you will need to attend the Magistrates Court and answer to the charge brought against you.

Let us know how you get on.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off