drink drivers medical duplicate samples??

Convicted Driver Insurance

bonnieL

I have my medical booked for 21st Dec. I have been doing everything required for me to pass, cut down drinking last 6 months and not had a drop for weeks now.

I have heard stories of some peoples bloods being lost/mixed up and having to go back for another medical.

I would like to enjoy a few sociable drinks with my family at christmas, obviously I will not be drinking and driving but I would like to do this without worrying about this medical.

So I went to my doctors today to see if I could get duplicate samples for testing so that I had a 'backup' if the DVLA mucked up. I had heard you could do this. However my doctor says that they can't. They can only do this if I fail the medical.

I don't want this to happen to me and then have to have another medical and be penilised for having a drink at christmas with my family! Which, interestingly enough, is not against the law!!!

Does anyone know where/how I would go about getting blood/urine samples done?

Thanks in advance

I have my medical booked for 21st Dec. I have been doing everything required for me to pass, cut down drinking last 6 months and not had a drop for weeks now.

I have heard stories of some peoples bloods being lost/mixed up and having to go back for another medical.

I would like to enjoy a few sociable drinks with my family at christmas, obviously I will not be drinking and driving but I would like to do this without worrying about this medical.

So I went to my doctors today to see if I could get duplicate samples for testing so that I had a 'backup' if the DVLA mucked up. I had heard you could do this. However my doctor says that they can't. They can only do this if I fail the medical.

I don't want this to happen to me and then have to have another medical and be penilised for having a drink at christmas with my family! Which, interestingly enough, is not against the law!!!

Does anyone know where/how I would go about getting blood/urine samples done?

Thanks in advance

The DVLA will only use samples that are provided by a Doctor that is appointed by the DVLA.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off