125 miligrams per100 - What sentence? really worried :-(

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jamesn

Hi i was arrested a couple of days ago for being 125mg per100 on my breath. iv been reading up on the things that could happen to me and im really worried, actually feel sick the thought i could go to jail. what is likely to happen to me so near christmas ? im due in court in just over a week.

iv had no previous convictions.

thank you for any replys.

Hi i was arrested a couple of days ago for being 125mg per100 on my breath. iv been reading up on the things that could happen to me and im really worried, actually feel sick the thought i could go to jail. what is likely to happen to me so near christmas ? im due in court in just over a week.

James

You'll be banned for a couple of years and have to do some community service. You won't be going down!

What were the circumstances (why and where, were you pulled over? how far had you driven? why did you drive? did the police ask you any of these questions?)?

Your breath test reading is high. Sentencing guidelines suggest a disqualification of between 29 - 36 months and a high level community order or up to 26 weeks in custody. Prison is certainly possible although for a first offence with no other criminal convictions and no aggravating factors such as being involved in an accident etc then you are likely to receive a lengthy ban and a community order.

You should seek legal representation and you may qualify for legal aid.

Hi thank you for your reply's. the circumstances where i was working in a other store for my company and after i finished went to my usual place of work to find out something. i bumped into a few friends and went over the pub because i had been having a stressful week in the other store. so my friends offer me to come for a pint and 1 pint tuned in to 4 or 5 cant quite remember, and a shot of vodka as well. i have no idea why i decided to drive its was just one of those stupid not thinking moments.

when i was in the process of driving home about 5 minutes driving and about 5 minutes from my house there was police tape up across the road i travel down, im think there was a other incident. i went through the tape and the police stoped me and asked me if i had been drinking and gave me a breath test. witch was 125mg.

and now im afraid that i could end up in prison and loose my job. my manager's know about what i have done and said they would support me in anyway possible like a reference. i also went to my first alcoholics anonymous meeting a few days ago to try and keep me away from the alcohol. i am going to see a solicitor on wednesday and my court case is on the tuesday after. any advise anyone could give me would be appreciated enormously. i have been feeling sick ever since the incident.

thank you

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off