Letter of mitigation final draft. My own account

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jaffa1975

13 months ago I passed my driving test., it was the proudest day of my life.
I am the only one In my family to achieve this, it took me 10 long years and three failed attempts but I was so happy to Finally get there.
At the weekend I am a dj, and a busy one at that, I find it a privilege to be able to make people smile and enjoy there occasion. I have worked with various charities, St Andrews Hospice and Macmillan Cancer Support for no money and would happily do so again.

I have now found myself in the unfortunate situation of having to get a friend to get me to my work.
My partner works for North Lanarkshire Council, she works in various centres round the area, Wishaw, Coatbridge, Ravenscraig. She unfortunately can’t drive so she is reliant on me getting her from a to b.

I also work during the week in a bagging plant and the bus service from were I live is a nightmare.
I have since spoke to my employer and there might be a chance of me loosing my job if I am banned from driving, this in turn would have a massive financial loss to me and my family.

On the day in question I genuinely thought I was ok, I had done a birthday party the previous night, I came home and sat with my partner and had a few drinks we had only came back from holiday a few days previous, so we sat and looked at our holiday snaps and had a chat about how good a time we had.
I wanted to finish my holiday in style, so the following morning I got up around 9.30am I had some toast and juice and chilled with my partner and wee boy.
Around 12.30 I decided to head to Loch Lomond with my dog.
I got halfway down the m8 motorway and my car broke down to my horror.
I phoned my friend to come and assist me.
Shortly after this the police arrived on the scene to help me.

The police asked me to join them in the back of their car, I was brethalised and failed, I was taken back to the cells and provided the two specimens of breath, I blew 35 and 36 in my readings.

Since that day my life has been a mixture of emotions. Guilt embarrassed empty and ashamed of myself and for what I have done to my family, through all this my father and mother do not speak to me anymore. I’m genuinely heartbroken.

I personally suffer from depression, this has had a massive impact on my life, so much so I actually had to phone the Samaritans as I was really down.

I have had struggled with alcohol abuse for years now, since that day I steadily became worse, so much so I had a seizure through a heavy drinking session, I was rushed to A&E and put on a drip.... it gave me the fright of my life.
I am now trying to put my life back on track, and have since seeked help, I have started attending regular meetings at the AA... and have also been to the hospital for an 8 day detox plan.

If only I could turn back time I would not have been so stupid.
I can only offer you my sincere apologies
I am a genuinely good person normally, just a regular guy who works hard for his wee family, I have never been in trouble with the police before, so the fact I find myself in this situation is horrible.
Again I can only apologise.

If possible can I have the opportunity to attend the Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course.

Kind regards Mr Justin Scott.

Is this just you unloading your situation, or are you proposing to submit that to the court as mitigation ?
It’s way too long for that, and they won’t read all of it.

Letter:
You are incredibly sorry. It never even occurred to you that you might be over the limit from the night before.
You have recognised your problem, and are are doing everything you can to address it. You won’t ever do it again.
It is going to cause you hardship with your job.

... the rest isn’t relevant.

He's right Mate
Mr Judge very busy man he likes people whom show true remorse but he doesn't have all day there's another 30 cases behind you!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off