Drafted a letter for the judge.. thoughts? X

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jaffa1975

....... I passed my driving test., it was the proudest day of my life.
I am the only one In my family to achieve this, it took me 10 long years and three failed attempts but I was so happy to Finally get there.
At the weekend I am a dj, and a busy one at that, find it a privilege to be able to make people smile and enjoy there occasion.
I have now found myself in the unfortunate situation of having to get a friend to get me to my work.
My partner works for North Lanarkshire Council, she works in various centres round the area, Wishaw, Coatbridge, Ravenscraig. She unfortunately can’t drive so she is reliant on me getting her from a to b.
I also work during the week in a bagging plant and the bus service from were I live is a nightmare.

On the morning in question I genuinely thought I was ok, I had done a birthday party the previous night, I came home and sat with my partner and had about five half’s of vodka, we had only came back from holiday a few days previous, so we sat and looked at our holiday snaps and had a chat about how good a time we had.
I wanted to finish my holiday in style, so the following morning I got up around 9.30am I had some toast and juice and chilled with my partner and wee boy.
Around 12.30 I decided to head to Loch Lomond with my dog.
I got halfway down the m8 motorway and my car broke down to my horror.
I phoned my friend to come and assist me.
Shortly after this the police arrived on the scene to help me, I was asked about the insurance on my car, Again to my horror I discovered that I wasn’t insured, it turns out while we were on holiday in Tenerife they tried to take a payment and there wasn’t enough money in the account to cover it... I’m kind of old fashioned I suppose, I let my partner take care of the bills, there is no way on gods earth I would have drove the car if I had known this.. I swear to you.

The police asked me to join them in the back of their car, I was brethalised and failed, I was taken back to the cells and provided the two specimens of breath, I blew 35 and 36 in my readings.

Since that day my life has been a mixture of emotions. Guilt embarrassed empty and ashamed of myself and for what I have done to me family, through all this my father and mother do not speak to me anymore. I’m genuinely heartbroken.

If only I could turn back time I would not have been so stupid.
I can only offer you my sincere apologies
I am a genuinely good person normally, just a regular guy who works hard for his wee family, I have never been in trouble with the police before, so the fact I find myself in this situation is horrible.
Again I can only apologise.
Kind regards Mr Justin Scott.

That sounds honest and sincere. One suggestion, just mention drinking ‘sone vodka’ rather than ‘5 halves ‘..... which does sound rather a lot!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off