Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3rd time drink driving offence in 16 years

JohnboyB77 is offline Member

Default Re: 3rd time drink driving offence in 16 years

I can but I will have to remove bits that are only relevant to myself as they will not be any use to yourself. Send me a private message via here with you Email and I can see what I can do. Out of interest is your second time within 10 years ? And where are you going to Court, put all this in the private message for me not on this.

Regards

John

What was your reading when you did the breath test at the police station (Your second reading)

Wooman1991 is offline Member

Hi. On my charge form Iíve been charged with 114 breath reading. And Telford magestrates. And ye second offence in 10 years.

So this is basically, the letter that I wrote to the Magistrates, I have taken out anything that was relevant to myself.

================================================== ================================================== ==========
    Dearmagistrate(s)
    Firstly, Iam so very dreadfully and painfully sorry for me to be attending in front ofyou here today, due to the circumstances that happened to me on the night inquestion.
    Whathappened was a horrendous mistake due to a lack of judgement and common sence,for which I am most truthfully and truly remorseful.
    I am very awarethat I have broken the law and offer my most heartfelt and sincere apologiesfor what has occurred and what I have done.
    I feel sovery ashamed, angry, annoyed and embarrassed with myself and I greatly feelthat I have lost my self-respect, dignity and self-worth and it will take aconsiderable amount of time, for me to feel able to regain them fully and Ihave also let people down.
    I am not atall proud of what has happened to me or what I have done. And wish so much thatit had never happened.
    I keeppunishing myself for what has happened and will continue to do so for a longtime to come. It is going to take a long time for me to get over this and I willnot forget the awful mistake that has occurred.
    I hope thatover the many months and years moving forward with my life, I can put thiseventually behind me and NEVER EVERhave it happen again to me, or even allow myself to be put into this situationagain.
    Once again,I most sincerely apologise for the wrong that I have done and hope to amend thewrong and make myself a much better person.
    I hope thatyou will take this letter into consideration
    I am yoursfaithfully, humbly and remorsefully.

================================================== ================================================== ========================

As it is your second offence in 10 years the minimum ban that you will get is 3 years. you will now be classified by DVLA as a High Risk Offender (HRO) and at the end of your ban you will be required to have to go for a medical and blood test before you can drive again, this will be my second time for the medical and will be my last.

You are also most likely to get both a fine and/or Community service.

The amount of alcohol in the blood it either 116 mg or 120mg before the magistrates will consider custodial sentences although, I was told at Southend magistrates court that it was rare to have a custodial sentence but then courts can vary wildly and of course It depends on who you get on the bench.

Have you done the Rehabilitation course when you were first convicted ? If so, they will not offer it again. If not ask for it, as it will reduce the ban.

I hope that this helps, try not to too worried and come across as remorseful and sorry as you can as you can.

Are you being represented ?

Let me know how you get on

Regards

Johnboyb77

Really appreciate that.

Ye Iíve been advised that custodial sentence is looked at if breath of 120 and luckily Iím just under. I hope if they consider that then itís suspended.

One thing Iím worried about is on my charge form it says that basically I was on a road and blew 114. Doesnít state if I did anything else wrong but I imagine if I had it would state on the charge form.

Ye got a solicitor which is charging me a fourtune but wouldnít feel confident on my own if they started talking about custodial sentence. Just hope if it looks that way the solicitor can argu to keep me for going inside.

Worst thing Iíve done is research it. As you get some that have been caught once and sent down and then some where theyíve done it 3 times and just got fined.

Got all character references and stuff. Iím just hoping that with been the main provider for my family and Iím never in trouble and already started talking to company regarding drinking habits that it all goes in my favour.

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

If, for example, the police saw you weaving about on the road then that would not form a part of the charge, it would be read out in the circumstances of the offence that is read to the magistrates by the CPS. If you were speeding or had a fault with your car similarly that would be read out to the magistrates or if it was sufficiently important it would have been the subject of a separate charge. As it isnít, you can be confident that you will be only sentenced for the one offence, with the court being made aware of any Ďaggravating circumstancesí.
    The job of your solicitor is to then put forward and ďmitigating circumstancesĒ and the magistrates then can make a balanced decision of how to sentence you. It will not involve a custodial sentence from what you have said.

Got 52 month ban and 1600 quid fine.
    Magestrates were arse holes to be fair and wanted to discuss pushing me up a bracket in sentenceing but luckily they didnít.

hewl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wooman1991 View Post
    Got 52 month ban and 1600 quid fine.
    Magestrates were arse holes to be fair and wanted to discuss pushing me up a bracket in sentenceing but luckily they didnít.
    They discussed pushing you up a bracket but didn't?? Hardly being aholes then! Quite the opposite

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12