Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blew 124

DonkeyKong is offline Member

Default Re: Blew 124

Price - really appreciate all your help here. Am I doing to be DR10 or DR20 ?

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

If you are convicted of ďdrunk in chargeĒ then the code is DR40. The code for drink driving is DR10.
    DR20 is driving whilst unfit through drink, but that is only when the police do not have a sample and rely on other evidence of your impairment.

DR10 it is then. Thanks.

if anyone is reading this, and is in a similar position and wants experiences, let me know. Iím happy to answer anything that I can relating to the whole experience I had.

5monthsleft is offline New Member

Hi
    Itís so overwhelming like you I had never been in trouble and have been lucky to keep my job and family. There is only forwards looking
    I blew 103 and was banned for 27 months
    I have 5 months left
    My advice is do not continue drinking as this is the easiest trap to slip into particularly in the feeling sorry for ourselves state we get to.
    Forward looking is the only way
    Canít change what is done
    Best wishes to you

Sorry for more questions - I have referred to the reapplying for license and vocational but, but I donít understand it.
    I had C1 grandfather rights and drove a Motorhome. You need C1 to drive a MH over 3.5 tonnes.
    i understand that when I (eventually) get my license back it will only be for cars.
    Will I be able to get my C1 back by applying? Itís not for working, it would be for Motorhome Touring. If I donít get it back, would I be allowed to take the training and test for it? Is there anything I can do over the next 2 years ban to help get this back?

Im hoping that Iím not going to be banned from driving a large MH even when I get my car license back.
    Cheers.

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

When you get your licence back, it will be for whatever was on your licence before your ban. The only exceptions are for Ďvocational licencesí for goods vehicles or PCVís where it is referred to the traffic Commissioner for their opinion.

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by price1367 View Post
    When you get your licence back, it will be for whatever was on your licence before your ban. The only exceptions are for Ďvocational licencesí for goods vehicles or PCVís where it is referred to the traffic Commissioner for their opinion.
    So, I will definitely get back my grandfathered C1 and can still drive an up to 7.5 tonne Motorhome?

Could I also ask another question? Should I be taking me off my wifeís car and the Motorhome insurance as a second driver since I no longer have a licence. I am already off my main car insurance since I sold it anyway.

thanks in advance for all your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12