Dvla medical exam

Convicted Driver Insurance
i have been done for DD 6yeras ago and never got round to re-applying for the licence untill 11 months ago. went to apply for it went for my medical and then was told that i failed it after a month of not drinking. i did though have a seizure before i stopped drinking.
so i had been clear of alcohol for 10 months but then had a few bottles of beer last weekend for the fist time.
i have been told by DVLA that i can re apply again at the beginning of June.
will i be all clear for my blood test when i have the medical?
would be very greatful if anyone can help.

Based on what you say, you should be alright.
You can apply for your licence back at the beginning of June, but it may take 2-4 weeks for your application to go through and for you to get an appointment for the medical. Just be careful in the meantime!

Based on what you say, you should be alright.
You can apply for your licence back at the beginning of June, but it may take 2-4 weeks for your application to go through and for you to get an appointment for the medical. Just be careful in the meantime!

thank you very much for that.
thing is i wouldnt mind a sensible couple of drinks over the 8th of june for the weekend. so i was just thinking about applying for it on the 12th, so if it takes 2 - 4weeks for it to go through, i cant remember how soon after that i can call up and arrange a medical. and also i been doing some research and apparently taking milk thistle might help.

Milk thistle might help.... I wouldn’t mind a couple of drinks in 2 weeks time.......
sorry but that indicates a slapdash approach to getting your licence back. I put it this way: you LIKE a drink, you NEED your licence back. Where is the priority? In your shoes I would abstain until I did the medical, and indeed until I knew the result as there has been an instance on here lately where someone abstained until the medical, went out on a bender afterwards on Holiday and got back to a letter from DVLAsaying that the sample was no good and the medical had to be done again!

Milk thistle might help.... I wouldn’t mind a couple of drinks in 2 weeks time.......
sorry but that indicates a slapdash approach to getting your licence back. I put it this way: you LIKE a drink, you NEED your licence back. Where is the priority? In your shoes I would abstain until I did the medical, and indeed until I knew the result as there has been an instance on here lately where someone abstained until the medical, went out on a bender afterwards on Holiday and got back to a letter from DVLAsaying that the sample was no good and the medical had to be done again!

oh right ok. well that i can do. i'll just stay off it until its all out the way then. its not like i need to drink, was just a social matter for a festival.
going on a bender for me is a thing of the past.

oh right ok. well that i can do. i'll just stay off it until its all out the way then. its not like i need to drink, was just a social matter for a festival.
going on a bender for me is a thing of the past.
Some years ago I paid about £60 for a private blood test through the post.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off