Blew 68 waiting bloods (3rd time)

Convicted Driver Insurance

lneale06

Hi guys,

I got pulled last week and blew the roadside test at 68. When taken to the police station the machine could not give an accurate reading so a blood sample was taken. This was taken just over 2 hours later. Would it be possible my alcohol levels could have dropped enough for me to scrape through as this is stupidly my 3rd time

It is hard to tell.
It will depend on when you last had a drink - if recent then your level could still be rising.
It will also depend on the accuracy of the 68 in the first place. The hand held device is not evidence, and the result can be different to the one at the evidential one used at the police station.
If the 68 wad a good indication of your reading at that time, you would still have been over 2 hours later.
What will happen to you will depend on how recent the other 2 convictions are.

Thanks for your reply.
I've only had my license back 18 months from a 3 year ban which was my 2nd incident in a 10 yr period

Will this one, if you are over, also fall within 10 years since your first conviction? The relevant time is 10 years from the date you were convicted to the date of this offence, not the date you will appear in court.

The court will not be happy with you! 3 in 8 years, with the 3rd only 18 months after finishing a Drink Drive ban of 3 years may well attract a 4 year ban and a community order to include an alcohol treatment order. - that would be compulsory. Have you ever taken up the option of a drink drive Rehabilitation Course with the other 2 bans?

I'm in the process of considering surrendering my license on medical grounds due to my mental health deteriating (bipolar disorder). Would this go in my favour with regards to punishment do you think

To be honest, I don’t think it will help. You are going to get a long ban anyway, and all that surrendering your licence will do is make it harder to get it back when your ban ends.
After your ban, if you feel that your bipolar is of sufficient concern that you shouldn’t drive, then just do not apply to get it back at that stage.

Thanks for your advice mate highly appreciated.
Just a last query I have, do you think it's worth me contacting a solicitor prior to my blood results or do you think I should wait until the results have arrived

Wait till you get the results. There is nothing a solicitor can do at this time so you will be paying for a meeting that you do not need.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off