Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gutted......

:( gutted is offline Member

Default Gutted......

Hi,
    It's my first time here and my first time ever in trouble with the law. To say I'm scared is an understatement. I'm absolutely terrified,
    My story is stupid, daft and I'm disgusted in myself.
    3 weeks ago I was driving home from a meal out with my friends. I was with my boyfriend and had drank 1 large glass of wine and two halfs. I didn't like my food so hadn't had much to eat. But felt fine to drink and it was round the corner.
    Long story short, me and my boyfriend had a daft argument and I turned to look at him and my car hit a parked car.
    My car was cat c so was written off.
    I was arrested ( first time ever) and blew over
    Back at station blew 56 and 54. Charged at 54.
    Now awaiting my court date....
    any advice well received.
    ...... feel like ****.

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

Default Re: Gutted......

You are looking at a 12-16 month ban and a fine, according to your income.
    The reading sounds right for what you say you drank - as a female.
    Turn up at court looking smart.
    apologise to the court.
    if you can, get character references and hand them in.
    the ban can be reduced by up to 25% if you are offered and complete a Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course. Listen to what the magistrates say, if they offer the course then accept (you don’t have to do it, but you then have the option) if they do not offer it then ask if you can do one. I say this because you cannot be offered a course after the case has finished in court. We get cases where people ring after 7 months asking if they can do a course but there is no record of them on our system. Turns out they said “no” on the day, because they just wanted to get out of court, but when they realise they could be driving again in a couple of months, suddenly they think a course would be a good idea... but it is too late!

Thanks Price137,
    Is it worth me taking in a solicitor?
    I've got two character references and I'm planning on speaking to the duty solicitor.
    If I'm pleading guilty then am I better going in unaided.
    Any help much appreciated?
    Feeling very low right about now...

hewl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by :( gutted View Post
    Thanks Price137,
    Is it worth me taking in a solicitor?
    I've got two character references and I'm planning on speaking to the duty solicitor.
    If I'm pleading guilty then am I better going in unaided.
    Any help much appreciated?
    Feeling very low right about now...
    Probably better to save your money to pay the fine as it's a straight forward guilty plea rather than pay a solicitor but entirely up to you. Many prefer to have someone in court by their side but ultimately thats probably all you will be paying them for. You wont need to say much but obviously a solicitor will speak for you if you don't feel comfortable doing that yourself. It is unlikely they will be able argue down the length of a disqualification as nearly guaranteed you will get the minimum 12 months so probably better to find some courage. As Price said you will only need to apologise to the court, be remorseful and assure them it will never happen again. This is often better coming from you rather than a solicitor anyway.

The whole process won't take more than about 10 minutes and you will be out. Make sure you don't drive to court as the disqualification is effective immediately

Thank you,
    My boss has offered to write ref just need an idea of what he should write. Is there any template s anyone know off that I could use.

hewl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by :( gutted View Post
    Thank you,
    My boss has offered to write ref just need an idea of what he should write. Is there any template s anyone know off that I could use.
    Best to avoid templates, they will have seen hundreds if not thousands of personal references so will be probably stand out as a template.

Your boss simply needs to write about your previous good character, his awareness of your remorse, how valuable you are as a member of staff, how they know it was completely out of character etc. Just write from the heart, honestly. It doesnt need to be long, just a couple of paragraphs max.

If it were me writing it I would address it to 'Your Honor/s' or 'Your Honorable Magistrate Judges' and sign off with 'Respectfully' before signing.

It can be written in normal letter format.

Milton is offline Member

I cannot give you any advice on how to reduce the time of your disqualification as it's mandatory.
    However, I can offer you advice on how to dramatically reduce the size of the fine if you are interested.

hewl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milton View Post
    I cannot give you any advice on how to reduce the time of your disqualification as it's mandatory.
    However, I can offer you advice on how to dramatically reduce the size of the fine if you are interested.
    Well that doesn't sound dodgy at all does it

Go on then, you may aswell enlighten us

Yes please,
    Any help much appreciated,
    Thanks

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Thank you Hewl,
    I'll ask him to do this today,