Drink Driving Medical from DVLA

Convicted Driver Insurance

simpson1994

Hi guys, im just new to this so i'l let you know a little a bit about my conviction...

When I was 16 a family death tore my family apart (I am not using this as an excuse to what I done). One night I went out and got completely hammered to try and take my mind off things, I had a bottle of vodka and was drinking cans at my mates. His mum and dad were away out and my mate decided to go a joy ride in their car. He asked me if i wanted a shot and stupidly I said yes, only then to be stopped by the police. I blew 99 on the breathaliser and was banned for 2 years (which is due to end on the 4th October 2012). It was a completely selfish act and I regret it so much, however whats done is done. I never touched alcohol again until I turned 18 in May. Now I have began drinking at weekends, at the very most once a weekend, and no drinks during the week, wether im off work or not.

I have just sent my provisional application away and I know I have to go for a medical. How long does it usually take from when I send my application away, to going for the medical, then getting my provisional through the door? Also will my drinking at weekends affect the DVLA's desicion wehter to issue me with a provisional license? After all I don't drink more than once a week and do not take drugs.

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks.

Connor

Hi guys, im just new to this so i'l let you know a little a bit about my conviction...

When I was 16 a family death tore my family apart (I am not using this as an excuse to what I done). One night I went out and got completely hammered to try and take my mind off things, I had a bottle of vodka and was drinking cans at my mates. His mum and dad were away out and my mate decided to go a joy ride in their car. He asked me if i wanted a shot and stupidly I said yes, only then to be stopped by the police. I blew 99 on the breathaliser and was banned for 2 years (which is due to end on the 4th October 2012). It was a completely selfish act and I regret it so much, however whats done is done. I never touched alcohol again until I turned 18 in May. Now I have began drinking at weekends, at the very most once a weekend, and no drinks during the week, wether im off work or not.

I have just sent my provisional application away and I know I have to go for a medical. How long does it usually take from when I send my application away, to going for the medical, then getting my provisional through the door? Also will my drinking at weekends affect the DVLA's desicion wehter to issue me with a provisional license? After all I don't drink more than once a week and do not take drugs.

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks.

Connor

Please see this thread for information on timescales relating to DVLA medicals. There are also lots of similar threads/posts on the forum concerning this, you may like to use the search feature. You can find more information on the DVLA medical here.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off