drink driving ruined my life

Convicted Driver Insurance

planty

hi everybody i was caught for drink driving a few weeks back i stupidly got in my car after consuming about ten cans of cider with the intention of driving home. i didnt get very far as i crashed into a parked car as soon as id set off. this incident has destroyed my life it is the most stupid thing ive ever done! i suffer from depression and use alcohol to combat this which makes it far worse! i cant even remeber getting in my car and the next thing i know im waking up in the cells i have only had a license for about 6 months and i am 26 years old. it has broke my mums heart and my friends as they all thought i was getting better with my alcohol and depression problems i am now back to square one and have lost my job. i blew 115 in breath and very nearly recived a custodial sentence if i hadnt of represented myself. court was adjourned until the 14th and im dreading losing my license it meant so much to me and had made my life better. why i did this stupid act i will never know im so ashamed of myself and thank god no one was hurt. im js looking for a chat or anything for peoples past experinces it would be very much apperciated. the one good thing to come out of this is i am now reciving help for my alcholism its just such a shame that drink driving had to be my wake up call for help.

to coin a phrase every cloud has a silver lining you like me will probably have to do a dvla medical and this has forced me to stop drinking which has improved my quality of life as regards mood swings depression and anger i sincerly hope this will be the same for you. dont beat yourself up too much as we all make mistakes in life try to stay positive .wishing you all the best

hi everybody i was caught for drink driving a few weeks back i stupidly got in my car after consuming about ten cans of cider with the intention of driving home. i didnt get very far as i crashed into a parked car as soon as id set off. this incident has destroyed my life it is the most stupid thing ive ever done! i suffer from depression and use alcohol to combat this which makes it far worse! i cant even remeber getting in my car and the next thing i know im waking up in the cells i have only had a license for about 6 months and i am 26 years old. it has broke my mums heart and my friends as they all thought i was getting better with my alcohol and depression problems i am now back to square one and have lost my job. i blew 115 in breath and very nearly recived a custodial sentence if i hadnt of represented myself. court was adjourned until the 14th and im dreading losing my license it meant so much to me and had made my life better. why i did this stupid act i will never know im so ashamed of myself and thank god no one was hurt. im js looking for a chat or anything for peoples past experinces it would be very much apperciated. the one good thing to come out of this is i am now reciving help for my alcholism its just such a shame that drink driving had to be
my wake up call for help.

Hey, listen, I am a mental health professional and I got done for DUI last year. I know that at the moment, it probably feels like your whole world is caving in - I promise you, it will be ok. I too spent a night in the cells and coming from somebody who has never even had a parking ticket before, I emphasise with you that the experience was terrifying. But you will get over this. Few people in life have to prove that they would 'do the right thing' and have courage in truely awful situations. But you have shown bravery and honesty in defending yourself at a young age in court, and being honest regarding your struggles. Depression is not a crime, and like it or not, alcohol is just another coping mechanism. Ok, you, like me have had an awful experience, but you can look in the mirror and say 'ive probably been through one of the worst experiences in my life to date-and im still standing....anything else is going to be put into perspective by this'. I too have to re-pass my driving test. I loved my little car very much, and had also been through some tough times, but every time I get the bus now, I think...'I will get it back'. Ive learned to be more philosophical and put priorities in order a little more and I promise, you will to. You will get another job, in a years time, you will still look back on it with pain but speaking from experience, you will have healed a great deal. Have faith, your Mum and friends will get over it. It is done. The most important thing is to keep having courage, keep going. Take one step at a time. You will get your license back, you will get better...if you reframe this in the right way, ironically, its a learning experience a lot of people will never have, that means they will never have your depth of experience. Use it to have compassion on yourself, and im sure that when you meet people from now on, you will never 'judge a book by it's cover' - I dont. Have faith, its going to be ok xxxx

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off