Hro medical (your experiences)

Convicted Driver Insurance
I've just been told my medical has changed to date that I can not attend and the doctor is refusing to give me a refund! Has anyone experienced this before? Seems completely unfair considering they have changed the date

Reactions: NCV
I've just been told my medical has changed to date that I can not attend and the doctor is refusing to give me a refund! Has anyone experienced this before? Seems completely unfair considering they have changed the date
Why have you paid up front?

ah thanks -- I'm same taking milk thistle herbal teas and lots of water ( dont know if it will help ?) what did you answer on the medical questionaire ? did you just say not had a drink for 6 months? a year or were you honest not sure which way to go with this as on previous one i did say i had the occasionl drinks which i did as go out with firends at weekend like most normal people ?
obs not going to drink until after medical when fingers crossed things can go back to normal
thanks for your support --- hoefully yours comes back fine x
Hi mate
I said I drink at the end of the month. Usually have just a couple shandy’s 🤷‍♂️.
I get my wages monthly hence why I treat myself.
Still waiting to hear back from dvla after 2 medicals for bloods then urine. Scored 0.9% for my CDT levels. Urine is clean as I’m not on drugs anymore.
Everything is scanned onto their system so I’m just waiting for somebody to make a life changing decision for me…
Glad the bank holiday is nearly over. I bet dvla are busy as **** on the phone tomorrow, but I’ll still try them.
All this waiting is driving me crazy!! The ban was easy!! These medicals etc are the real punishment that’s for sure…

Hi mate
I said I drink at the end of the month. Usually have just a couple shandy’s 🤷‍♂️.
Still waiting to hear back from dvla after 2 medicals for bloods then urine. Scored 0.9% for my CDT levels. Urine is clean as I’m not on drugs anymore.
Everything is scanned onto their system so I’m just waiting for somebody to make a life changing decision for me…
Glad the bank holiday is nearly over. I bet dvla are busy as **** on the phone tomorrow, but I’ll still try them.
All this waiting is driving me crazy!! The ban was easy!! These medicals etc are the real punishment that’s for sure…
I'm now in the loop somewhere. They've got both my forms, licence application and medical form. Thy only had it for 2 weeks. So I'll ring them maybe mid September I think?

I'm now in the loop somewhere. They've got both my forms, licence application and medical form. Thy only had it for 2 weeks. So I'll ring them maybe mid September I think?
They have everything of mine now. GP has responded and waiting for documents to scan onto system. They said 10 working days. Tomorrow I think will be 5 working days from when I think the forms will have been recieved by the dvla but I'm calling every day nevertheless. Letting myself be heard! I'm away for a week from 3rd September on a cruise to Norway for my 30th birthday so I won't be able to ring then obv... I'll be on my phone checking online that week in hope lol. Fingers crossed for us all 🤞

Hi mate
i totally agree the ban was easy as you said !! it's the worry of being refused and not knowing what the DVLA are thinking -- i would hope the low score should just sail through for you ? please let us know xx

Hi just a quick update, and slightly off topic so don't know if this is of any interest to anyone, or if anyone has had this experience.
I contacted DVLA this morning. They have only had my Licence Application Form and Medical forms for two weeks. I have been informed by DVLA that it is with the relevant department, and they are currently considering it. I asked what that meant, and he said it was to do with Medical dates etc.
So if that's correct, they are pretty shit hot

Have u called them x
So I emailed their head honcho!! Said it’s been a month since I did my 2nd medical.
Got a phone call on Tuesday saying I could drive from midnight!!
1 year licence granted on 7/9/22 oi oi…
Just landed a new job with better money too!! £19 ph happy days. I’ll have a car in no time at all.
All my points are gone, & it’s over 5 years since the date of my convictions…
I applied for my licence in March 2022. It’s taken it’s time but I’m on pregabalin for my back so that didn’t help.
CDT score was 0.9%
Drug test was negative
GP was happy with my medication
I’m just happy my insurance is cheap as chips!! Ideal…
Good luck everyone

So I emailed their head honcho!! Said it’s been a month since I did my 2nd medical.
Got a phone call on Tuesday saying I could drive from midnight!!
1 year licence granted on 7/9/22 oi oi…
Just landed a new job with better money too!! £19 ph happy days. I’ll have a car in no time at all.
All my points are gone, & it’s over 5 years since the date of my convictions…
I applied for my licence in March 2022. It’s taken it’s time but I’m on pregabalin for my back so that didn’t help.
CDT score was 0.9%
Drug test was negative
GP was happy with my medication
I’m just happy my insurance is cheap as chips!! Ideal…
Good luck everyone
Great news. Congratulations

Picking my car up this Saturday!! VW Golf GT tdi 2.0.
Insurance was £540 fully comp, ideal.
Got a pay rise already, £20ph now which will help me pay off the car which my friend is giving me on 0% finance!!
Gonna be nice to be able to drive to work, so much easier. I’ve had 6 years of buses & trains, total ball ache!!
The punishment isn’t the ban, it’s the medical & being patient!!
Good luck to everyone who’s waiting. I’m an ex drug user who got done for 2 drink drives 6 days apart. I’m on pregabalin for a back injury. So there’s hope for you all trust me 😂
March applied for licence
May received letter to book medical
June did medical for bloods
End of June GP contacted & DG1 completed
July told need to do piss test
August did 2nd medical for piss test
September got 1 year licence

Again good luck to you all…

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off