BLOOD RESULTS WAITING TIME

Convicted Driver Insurance

Naimahmed1111

I had been arrested for drink driving over 10 months ago and am currently still waiting for my blood results. How long will it take before I receive my blood results or a letter from the court ?

I had been arrested for drink driving over 10 months ago and am currently still waiting for my blood results. How long will it take before I receive my blood results or a letter from the court ?
I'm not 100 percent but I think they have to charge within 6 months from the arrest date, so I would say, but please note that I'm not 100percent sure that you won't be facing anything

I've been waiting since May 2021, yeah you read it right May 2021 for drug blood test results ( prescription drugs) and ive never heard a word back for my blood results, the police or the courts I've heard nothing! I rang a few different solicitors who all said that the police only have 6month to charge for Drink or drug driving, basically said never be so stupid as to drive after taking prescription drugs again and put it down to experience learn and move and from it! It's now been 15 months, I continue to hope and pray I don't get the dreaded letter and believe me il never be so stupid again and by god have I learned my lesson! Hope this helps

Quick question, have you been driving in the meantime while waiting for your results? I've a stepson who is also waiting and we don't know if he should be driving or not until he hears back? Thanks

I've been waiting since May 2021, yeah you read it right May 2021 for drug blood test results ( prescription drugs) and ive never heard a word back for my blood results, the police or the courts I've heard nothing! I rang a few different solicitors who all said that the police only have 6month to charge for Drink or drug driving, basically said never be so stupid as to drive after taking prescription drugs again and put it down to experience learn and move and from it! It's now been 15 months, I continue to hope and pray I don't get the dreaded letter and believe me il never be so stupid again and by god have I learned my lesson! Hope this helps
P.s let me know how you get on. Fingers crossed 🤞 for you.
Thanks for your reply it was very helpful. I am hoping now that it has passed 6 months I have been let off. I will let you know if I hear back from them.

Quick question, have you been driving in the meantime while waiting for your results? I've a stepson who is also waiting and we don't know if he should be driving or not until he hears back? Thanks
I have been driving my parents car in the meantime however am not going to buy a new car until I hear back from them

Definitely worth contacting the police station to put your minds at rest and to make sure they haven’t sent summonses to the wrong addresses.

In England they have 6 months to charge in Scotland it’s 12 months if your in England it’s done

15 months ago and nothing since then - you are basically free of any prosecution! The police have up to six months to lay the information before the court prosecutors. Anything beyond six months is referred to as an 'abuse of possess' in the legal system.

It seems likely, the police have either failed to investigate this properly, there is an element of incompetence somewhere, or the officer in the case have has not had the common courtesy to let you know the outcome.

Some police officers deliberate fail to notify defendants of developments in their case(s), because they like you to stew in it for as long as possible. It's not right, but it seems to happen all to often in my opinion.

CJ

Hi Yeah you are still allowed to drive until you get banned at court or a nfa

Definitely worth contacting the police station to put your minds at rest and to make sure they haven’t sent summonses to the wrong addresses.
The solicitors I spoke to told me not to contact the police! If they've sent anything to wrong address that's on their behalf not ours.

15 months ago and nothing since then - you are basically free of any prosecution! The police have up to six months to lay the information before the court prosecutors. Anything beyond six months is referred to as an 'abuse of possess' in the legal system.

It seems likely, the police have either failed to investigate this properly, there is an element of incompetence somewhere, or the officer in the case have has not had the common courtesy to let you know the outcome.

Some police officers deliberate fail to notify defendants of developments in their case(s), because they like you to stew in it for as long as possible. It's not right, but it seems to happen all to often in my opinion.

CJ

CJ
Hi cj
Thanks so much for your reply, is it not the case with covid that all dd cases has been put back and is taking longer to get to court maybe? I pray you are right, bit crappy the police not informing us mind, maybe I was not over the legal limit possibly? Its been 15month but I'm still dreading the knock on the door :(

Hi cj
Thanks so much for your reply, is it not the case with covid that all dd cases has been put back and is taking longer to get to court maybe? I pray you are right, bit crappy the police not informing us mind, maybe I was not over the legal limit possibly? Its been 15month but I'm still dreading the knock on the door :(
You are safe from prosecution

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off