No licence details online

Convicted Driver Insurance

dasboot50

Morning all, my ban is up today, finally, and I have done my medical. Went on the licence check section of GOV.UK this morning and can’t access my licence? Any ideas what’s going on? Before it told me I was banned, when ban finishes etc…

Morning all, my ban is up today, finally, and I have done my medical. Went on the licence check section of GOV.UK this morning and can’t access my licence? Any ideas what’s going on? Before it told me I was banned, when ban finishes etc…
My ban is up today too, but I only had my medical on Saturday so they won’t have received the info through yet. I’ve just checked mine and it looks ‘normal’.

In your case I guess it’s different because technically your ban has finished but it’s in limbo while they check the medical results.

I’m going to keep an eye on mine and expect it to change in the next few days.

Good luck with your results!

My ban is up today too, but I only had my medical on Saturday so they won’t have received the info through yet. I’ve just checked mine and it looks ‘normal’.

In your case I guess it’s different because technically your ban has finished but it’s in limbo while they check the medical results.

I’m going to keep an eye on mine and expect it to change in the next few days.

Good luck with your results!
Your circumstances sound almost identical to mine so that sounds very plausible mate. Best of luck to you too! Any idea often they update the website?

No idea mate. I’ll no doubt check it every day and hopefully be pleasantly surprised in a couple of weeks 🤞🏼

Did you cut back drinking and for how long?

From my own experience, the DVLA usually contact you to give you the heads up that your driving licence is being reinstated.

Just because you have done your DVLA medical doesn't necessarily mean the licence will be reinstated on the GOV.UK website as soon as the ban expires.

I did my own DVLA medical on the 19th November 2020, my ban ended at midnight on the 13th December 2020, but I didn't get my licence back until the 21st January 2021 as they wrote to my GP in between.

I don't know about your own personal background but it is a awaiting game with the DVLA unfortunately, especially in the current climate.

If it was any other organisation, I would suggest ringing them, but you would have more chance of finding Lord Lucan riding a camel in Stoke-on-Trent than getting through to anyone from the DVLA medical team.

Good luck anyway.

CJ

From my own experience, the DVLA usually contact you to give you the heads up that your driving licence is being reinstated.

Just because you have done your DVLA medical doesn't necessarily mean the licence will be reinstated on the GOV.UK website as soon as the ban expires.

I did my own DVLA medical on the 19th November 2020, my ban ended at midnight on the 13th December 2020, but I didn't get my licence back until the 21st January 2021 as they wrote to my GP in between.

I don't know about your own personal background but it is a awaiting game with the DVLA unfortunately, especially in the current climate.

If it was any other organisation, I would suggest ringing them, but you would have more chance of finding Lord Lucan riding a camel in Stoke-on-Trent than getting through to anyone from the DVLA medical team.

Good luck anyway.

CJ
I had kind of resigned myself to not getting licence back any time soon after ban elapsed….just thought it strange that I can no longer see details on line? Oh well….I’ve waited this long, it’ll be what itll be I reckon, nowt I can do about it now 🤷‍♂️🙄😁

My status on line has changed to this now:

Licence details Driving status

You were disqualified until 18 Jul 2022 - you can now apply to renew your licence

Good luck mate!

What date did you do your medical?
Cheers bud, was last Thursday so not expecting anything anytime soon but just a bit concerned that there is nothing online at all….especially after you saying your status changed and you did your med on Saturday? Certainly does seem a lottery with no rhyme or reason??? Will def phone tomorrow I reckon

I reckon mine will change to the same as yours when they get notified that my medical has been done. I’ll keep you posted, it will be interesting to see how they both go timing wise. Whereabouts are you? I’m in Northants, closest available medical was in Leicester…

I reckon mine will change to the same as yours when they get notified that my medical has been done. I’ll keep you posted, it will be interesting to see how they both go timing wise. Whereabouts are you? I’m in Northants, closest available medical was in Leicester…
Nice one mate, sounds like a plan. I’m central Northern Scotland, did my medical in Perth. Hopefully we both aren’t a million miles away from where we want to be 🤞🤞

Nice one mate, sounds like a plan. I’m central Northern Scotland, did my medical in Perth. Hopefully we both aren’t a million miles away from where we want to be 🤞🤞
Been checking the website every day. The status has not changed at all yet and nothing through the post.

Been checking the website every day. The status has not changed at all yet and nothing through the post.
Same with me bud, phoned DVLA on Saturday, chap was nice and said probably looking at mid week this week before any chance of an update. Just keep checking and phoning I reckon 🤞🤞

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off