CDT Test (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin)

Convicted Driver Insurance
That's fantastic mate, congratulations you must be over the moon!

And a week.. wow... That's almost unheard of!

Presumably you must have aced the questionnaire and had a good blood results. Did you drink at all on the lead-up to the medical and did you answer YES to any of the questions asked?

Thank you, Yea I was soooo happy.

The doctor was nice he helped me with the questionnaire.
I have no clue what my blood result is. I never called DVLA.
I didn’t drink for 14-15 weeks after my last drink.

My last drink was 15/02/22 and my Medical appointment was 09/06/22. Got my full driving license on 16/06/22.

My ban end on 20/05/22 so I only waited like a month.

I answer NO to all questions. I have never been to GP or Seen my Doctor so there is not much GP record, maybe that’s why I got my license within a week ?

Thank you, Yea I was soooo happy.

The doctor was nice he helped me with the questionnaire.
I have no clue what my blood result is. I never called DVLA.
I didn’t drink for 14-15 weeks after my last drink.

My last drink was 15/02/22 and my Medical appointment was 09/06/22. Got my full driving license on 16/06/22.

My ban end on 20/05/22 so I only waited like a month.

I answer NO to all questions. I have never been to GP or Seen my Doctor so there is not much GP record, maybe that’s why I got my license within a week ?
That's awesome! Such a quick turn around for your licence.

I had my medical a few days ago, answered No to all the questions and haven't drunk in almost 1000 days so hopefully I'll be in the same position as you. Fingers crossed!

Out of interest, did you have a medical because you were HRO?
Some people on here say that being HRO means your GP is automatically contacted regardless of Bloods and Questionnaire - but obviously DVLA didn't think that they needed to speak to yours.

Yea I was I blew 92.
Really interesting to hear that - I'm HRO as well but like you I answered No to everything on the questionnaire and haven't drunk for over 2 and half years.
If I got my licence back in a week it would be just in time for my ban to end!

Really interesting to hear that - I'm HRO as well but like you I answered No to everything on the questionnaire and haven't drunk for over 2 and half years.
If I got my licence back in a week it would be just in time for my ban to end!
Wow 2 and half years ? That’s such a long time I’m sure you will be fine and hopefully you will get your license soon. Yes I was class as HRO and had to do medical exams.
I think all HRO have to do Medical.
And that’s what I thought as well they will automatically call my GP after my medical and do some invest. But not sure if they called my GP.

Thanks for getting back to me - look forward to hearing your result! Did they contact your gp at all?! I need to answer yes to mental health from the past 3 years!
I have made the request again , I passed 100% . They said they have wrote to my gp, today I phoned them (medical team) and they confirmed they had in fact wrote to risums(community drug team) I ticked mental health for depression on 15mg matazapeen , and yes to drugs ( had another form sent last week). Like me you are probably on edge like I was weeks ago . Phone your gp ask for advice and your doctor will be on your side . My mate had awful mental health on anti psychotics gabapentin and he has gotta keep working with the psychiatrist and go for medicals yearly . But is still allowed to drive. Having the freedoms of driving is a therapeutic as long as none of your medication makes you unable to drive you will be ok. Google dvla
medical mental health standards , I will find the link that shows you what they want and expect

Thanks for getting back to me - look forward to hearing your result! Did they contact your gp at all?! I need to answer yes to mental health from the past 3 years!
They wrote to risums (drug and alcohol team) not my gp. Don’t worry to much about that , best thing to do is ask your doctor or psychiatrist to back your app. I ticked yes to mental health due to depression (on 15mg matazapeen) yes to drugs (on 10ml of methadone) been clean for over 12 months got testing to back me up. Before I started this process, 1. I phoned my gp to confirm they would back me(they said yes) 2. Phoned my key worker in risums and they also said yes. Aslong as you are addressing your problems you will be fine

You got your license haven’t you? Well done mr ku what’s the damage on the inshurance?
Thank you. Yes I have my license back and I’m back on road finally :)
I will be paying the total of £770 on insurance for one year which I can’t believe. I was expecting to be alot higher. Im paying less than I used to do before hmm…

Letter arrived this morning from the DVLA, enclosed was the results from my blood sample taken as part of the medical.

Total CDT Level recorded was 0.6%, so pretty much baseline.

Total abstinence from alcohol before the medical - 998 days, so yeah pretty much as I expected. Happy days.

For anyone worrying about the CDT test I wouldn’t. To be fair Im not a heavy drinker but I do like a beer every week. I was also in Seville for the football 3wks before my medical and had a stag do when I came back.

Both were events where I drank a lot more than usual. I was 13 days without a drink before my medical and my CDT result was 0.7%.

Letter arrived this morning from the DVLA, enclosed was the results from my blood sample taken as part of the medical.

Total CDT Level recorded was 0.6%, so pretty much baseline.

Total abstinence from alcohol before the medical - 998 days, so yeah pretty much as I expected. Happy days.
Mate I had my letter today I had 0.5 of 13 days of not drinking

Thank you. Yes I have my license back and I’m back on road finally :)
I will be paying the total of £770 on insurance for one year which I can’t believe. I was expecting to be alot higher. Im paying less than I used to do before hmm…
Can you let me know the provider please mate because I think I’ll have my licence back soon my cdt was 0.5 gp sent letter last week can’t wait to drive again

Did they contact your gp
13 days mate don’t listen to anyone on here that says any different I was told by a dvla medical doctor, that they see it that alcoholics won’t be able to abstain for two weeks. I was a weekend drinker and I had my results today 0.5 and they contacted my gp because of mental health (ain’t depresseants and I had to admit to drug use.
But before I started this I made sure my doctor would back me mate.

13 days mate don’t listen to anyone on here that says any different I was told by a dvla medical doctor, that they see it that alcoholics won’t be able to abstain for two weeks. I was a weekend drinker and I had my results today 0.5 and they contacted my gp because of mental health (ain’t depresseants and I had to admit to drug use.
But before I started this I made sure my doctor would back me mate.
I haven’t smoked weed for 5 months should I say on the questionnaire that I did used to smoke

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off