DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
I’ve brought my medical records up to date.
Been seeing the doc a lot lately as I’m being checked for cancer.
Seen my old drug worker as well. He said just be honest & I’ll be fine!! So hopefully it all goes well 🤷‍♂️🤦🤞🤞
It’s all this waiting I can’t stand mate, it drives you insane ha ha
Yep I have zero patience,,, it all sounds very complicated with you,, is it mainly drug issues on your notes then..

Yep I have zero patience,,, it all sounds very complicated with you,, is it mainly drug issues on your notes then..
No it’s mainly going on about my back injury. I’m on pregabalin for nerve pain. I’ve been on them 6 years so I don’t get any side effects anymore.
I was on heroin for 3 years up until October 2020. Then went on methadone for 2 weeks before getting chucked off the programme. So then I did a home detox instead.
I can see them calling me in for a piss test medical. At least dvla pay for all the medicals now.
I drive heavy plant machinery for a living & it’s a pain getting to work!!
Just checked my licence information online & they still have my old address!! I bloody hope they send this drug questionnaire to my new address!! I’ve told them over & over that I have moved, it’s a joke!!
I’ll be calling them tomorrow morning to double check the details they have for me.
It’s the story of my life ha ha 🤦

No it’s mainly going on about my back injury. I’m on pregabalin for nerve pain. I’ve been on them 6 years so I don’t get any side effects anymore.
I was on heroin for 3 years up until October 2020. Then went on methadone for 2 weeks before getting chucked off the programme. So then I did a home detox instead.
I can see them calling me in for a piss test medical. At least dvla pay for all the medicals now.
Just checked my licence information online & they still have my old address!! I bloody hope they send this drug questionnaire to my new address!! I’ve told them over & over that I have moved, it’s a joke!!
I’ll be calling them tomorrow morning to double check the details they have for me.
It’s the story of my life ha ha 🤦
Ahhh wow what a journey you've had,, seriously if nothing else you should be amazed at yourself and your mind and body that you've come through this,, my shit has been alcohol but heroine I have absolutely no idea and cannot even begin to imagine,, 🤗

Ahhh wow what a journey you've had,, seriously if nothing else you should be amazed at yourself and your mind and body that you've come through this,, my shit has been alcohol but heroine I have absolutely no idea and cannot even begin to imagine,, 🤗
Yeah went through some crap with social services. Me & the Mrs used to argue so they tried adopting our 3 children!! They live with my family now & are happy little souls. But it all got too much for me & I was weak. Drugs are shite!! I totally regret those years.
I’ll be happy with a 1 year licence right now!!
I just know it’s gonna be a long road mate.
Timeline so far!!
Applied for licence early March,
Got letter for medical middle of May,
Done medical middle of June,
Called Dvla 20th June, was told my GP is being contacted & I’m being sent another questionnaire.
I’ll be filling it out & getting it sent back the same day ha ha, you knows that!!
Wish me luck. I’ll keep you all posted 🤞🤞

Yeah went through some crap with social services. Me & the Mrs used to argue so they tried adopting our 3 children!! They live with my family now & are happy little souls. But it all got too much for me & I was weak. Drugs are shite!! I totally regret those years.
I’ll be happy with a 1 year licence right now!!
I just know it’s gonna be a long road mate.
Timeline so far!!
Applied for licence early March,
Got letter for medical middle of May,
Done medical middle of June,
Called Dvla 20th June, was told my GP is being contacted & I’m being sent another questionnaire.
I’ll be filling it out & getting it sent back the same day ha ha, you knows that!!
Wish me luck. I’ll keep you all posted 🤞🤞
Do you really think you will be safe on the roads mate ? calling everybody who is dealing with your case Tossers is not the answer ? you were on heroin in 2020 "WTF"......would i feel safe in a vehicle with you ?.....you really need to stop and think where you are at. i may hate the dvla for my own reasons but if they stop people like you getting behind the wheel of a car i'm on their side.....get your act together and stop blaming everybody else

Do you really think you will be safe on the roads mate ? calling everybody who is dealing with your case Tossers is not the answer ? you were on heroin in 2020 "WTF"......would i feel safe in a vehicle with you ?.....you really need to stop and think where you are at. i may hate the dvla for my own reasons but if they stop people like you getting behind the wheel of a car i'm on their side.....get your act together and stop blaming everybody else
Wow that was a bit harsh when he's detoxed himself and got away from it.. Let's not forget why we're all on here,, alcohol is the worst drug on the planet the damage it causes is far greater than heroin, I doubt very much he was ever able to be behind a wheel while using.. Unfortunately with alcohol it's our culture, its acceptable,, its sneaky and lies to us as in go on chill out don't be boring, relax let your hair down,,, yes for one maybe two drinks of which we pour ourselves, the alcohol pours the rest.. Read Annie grace THIS NAKED MIND it's a huge eye opener she explains exactly what alcohol is and the damage it does,, it's nothing but pure ethanol..

Wow that was a bit harsh when he's detoxed himself and got away from it.. Let's not forget why we're all on here,, alcohol is the worst drug on the planet the damage it causes is far greater than heroin, I doubt very much he was ever able to be behind a wheel while using.. Unfortunately with alcohol it's our culture, its acceptable,, its sneaky and lies to us as in go on chill out don't be boring, relax let your hair down,,, yes for one maybe two drinks of which we pour ourselves, the alcohol pours the rest.. Read Annie grace THIS NAKED MIND it's a huge eye opener she explains exactly what alcohol is and the damage it does,, it's nothing but pure ethanol..
Alcohol needs alcohol,,, think about it why do some people have hair of the dog,,, because the alcohol needs it,.

Sorry malina, but no heroine addict from 12 months ago should be behind the wheel of a vehicle, the physcotic nature of it, is another world from alcohol, as much as you want to justify alcohol and you are correct in doing so it does not even come close to heroin, wherby you will murder to get a fix,, just think about that, would you murder somebody for a can of fosters

Alcohol needs alcohol,,, think about it why do some people have hair of the dog,,, because the alcohol needs it,.
hair of the dog is a mindset, the reason people do that is to keep the mindset in place, me, maybe like you have done this and believe me i have done this, strangely my kick was tomatoe juice to get me out of that world V8 took me to another level addng worcester sauce i was drinking pints of it .....................alcohol is only the answer when you can't be bothered to look for other answers

Sorry malina, but no heroine addict from 12 months ago should be behind the wheel of a vehicle, the physcotic nature of it, is another world from alcohol, as much as you want to justify alcohol and you are correct in doing so it does not even come close to heroin, wherby you will murder to get a fix,, just think about that, would you murder somebody for a can of fosters
Fair point

hair of the dog is a mindset, the reason people do that is to keep the mindset in place, me, maybe like you have done this and believe me i have done this, strangely my kick was tomatoe juice to get me out of that world V8 took me to another level addng worcester sauce i was drinking pints of it .....................alcohol is only the answer when you can't be bothered to look for other answers
I've learnt from studying the last 3yrs, since my ban it really is all in the mind,, the subconscious mind it's much more powerful than the concious..you have to learn how to recondition it.. I was convinced I was addicted then as soon as I found out about the dvla medical I just stopped with absolutely no trouble.. So interesting,,..

I've learnt from studying the last 3yrs, since my ban it really is all in the mind,, the subconscious mind it's much more powerful than the concious..you have to learn how to recondition it.. I was convinced I was addicted then as soon as I found out about the dvla medical I just stopped with absolutely no trouble.. So interesting,,..
You're so right, i had convinced myself i was an alcoholic (2 botts of wine a day or 70cl bottle of spirits a day) and then along came the dvla medical, i stopped drinking in the week and then completely cut out the week-ends 3/4 weeks before, i couldn't believe how easy it was, and then i got a phone call from the clinic where i was having my medical saying they could bring it forward by a month, i agreed but was absolutely cacking myself when i got off the phone( some nonsence on here about CDT didn't help) and then yesterday my license arrives in the post with another letter from the dvla explaining about my medical (why 2 separate letters ) and the fact i had scored 0.5 0. point bloody 5. When it all ends for you, and i'm sure it will soon, as you seem to be doing all the right things, you will look back and say to yourself WTF was that all about,,,,,,,and last thurs when i saw it online i poured myself a glass of wine and shouted YES, I HAD NO MINDSET TO DRINK ANYMORE THAN THAT and just had a cup of tea watching pointless, believe me when it happens it is some effin high, your day will come, maybe sooner than you think

You're so right, i had convinced myself i was an alcoholic (2 botts of wine a day or 70cl bottle of spirits a day) and then along came the dvla medical, i stopped drinking in the week and then completely cut out the week-ends 3/4 weeks before, i couldn't believe how easy it was, and then i got a phone call from the clinic where i was having my medical saying they could bring it forward by a month, i agreed but was absolutely cacking myself when i got off the phone( some nonsence on here about CDT didn't help) and then yesterday my license arrives in the post with another letter from the dvla explaining about my medical (why 2 separate letters ) and the fact i had scored 0.5 0. point bloody 5. When it all ends for you, and i'm sure it will soon, as you seem to be doing all the right things, you will look back and say to yourself WTF was that all about,,,,,,,and last thurs when i saw it online i poured myself a glass of wine and shouted YES, I HAD NO MINDSET TO DRINK ANYMORE THAN THAT and just had a cup of tea watching pointless, believe me when it happens it is some effin high, your day will come, maybe sooner than you think
That was so bloody quick for you, the thing is most of us drank more through our ban and lock down and not driving but knowing we can stop just like that when we have to is the best feeling ever... Bloody acamprosate I went on 7yrs ago they class it as a detox, I didn't need it I just wanted to try it as the smoking pills to stop you craving worked for me. So I exaggerated how much I was drinking to get the prescription, my gp is aware of all this now,,,, they didn't work anyway 🤪.. Gp has given me a good report since then and I'll be happy with a temporary licence as I clearly was misusing.. Only have 6months recorded abstinence really don't hope they expect me to do another year cause it won't begin until they send me the letter to say so.. I would really be chilling out now waiting if I new I was getting it back straight away.. 1st Nov 21 I sent my application off its disgusting..

That was so bloody quick for you, the thing is most of us drank more through our ban and lock down and not driving but knowing we can stop just like that when we have to is the best feeling ever... Bloody acamprosate I went on 7yrs ago they class it as a detox, I didn't need it I just wanted to try it as the smoking pills to stop you craving worked for me. So I exaggerated how much I was drinking to get the prescription, my gp is aware of all this now,,,, they didn't work anyway 🤪.. Gp has given me a good report since then and I'll be happy with a temporary licence as I clearly was misusing.. Only have 6months recorded abstinence really don't hope they expect me to do another year cause it won't begin until they send me the letter to say so.. I would really be chilling out now waiting if I new I was getting it back straight away.. 1st Nov 21 I sent my application off its disgusting..
It was, incredibly quick in the end, i'm still pinching myself. if their is one lesson people can learn from situations like this, is always remember what you say to your GP goes on record...... i come from a military and then transport background, so it has always been part of me to say as little as possible to doctors and decline prescriptions unless they really are medically appropriate, reading through lots of other posts on here too many people take the option of a prescribed drug, when in reality that is not the answer.....always remember once you are prescribed a drug that will be on your record till the day you die, when you are in your 80's something prescibed in your 20's is relevant ? and will always come back to bite you on the bum

It was, incredibly quick in the end, i'm still pinching myself. if their is one lesson people can learn from situations like this, is always remember what you say to your GP goes on record...... i come from a military and then transport background, so it has always been part of me to say as little as possible to doctors and decline prescriptions unless they really are medically appropriate, reading through lots of other posts on here too many people take the option of a prescribed drug, when in reality that is not the answer.....always remember once you are prescribed a drug that will be on your record till the day you die, when you are in your 80's something prescibed in your 20's is relevant ? and will always come back to bite you on the bum
Yep I have now learnt that,, never again 🙉

I understand what you are saying , but don’t entirely agree. The questions on the DVLA medical relate to the preceding 6 years ( alcohol / drugs ), and 3 years ( mental health . I was prescribed anti depressants and knew this would trigger a GP enquiry but felt my mental health too important to decline them to avoid DVLA processes . Many people on here are / were on medication / have had issues : it’s so often in this context the offences occur .

I understand what you are saying , but don’t entirely agree. The questions on the DVLA medical relate to the preceding 6 years ( alcohol / drugs ), and 3 years ( mental health . I was prescribed anti depressants and knew this would trigger a GP enquiry but felt my mental health too important to decline them to avoid DVLA processes . Many people on here are / were on medication / have had issues : it’s so often in this context the offences occur .
Sorry Polly, but i think you are missing the point here, not once in my DVLA medical was this so called 6 years mentioned ? what i had drank in the last 6 months was.......at the end of my dvla medical i asked the doctor how do you think i'll do, and he said if your blood test meets the criteria you will pass with flying colours,(and i did and i'm 59) and he showed me he had ticked "no further enquires nessacary(spell checking police just check that) i don't like to say this but you are scaremongering at best here

Sorry Polly, but i think you are missing the point here, not once in my DVLA medical was this so called 6 years mentioned ? what i had drank in the last 6 months was.......at the end of my dvla medical i asked the doctor how do you think i'll do, and he said if your blood test meets the criteria you will pass with flying colours,(and i did and i'm 59) and he showed me he had ticked "no further enquires nessacary(spell checking police just check that) i don't like to say this but you are scaremongering at best here

Attachments

• dr1v-confidential-medical-information.pdf
    234.6 KB · Views: 29
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off