DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Had medical on the 19th of April rang dvla today again!! Still no bloods they reckon there pushing it forward or gonna book me another medical absolute piss take!!!

on the phone again to them now they have my bloods but the questionaire had not been uploaded even though the doctor sent it on the day of the medical.

need sort their shit out

is it a good or bad sign writing to doctor :)
If you are HRO, then the DVLA write to nearly everyone's GP. It's nothing to worry about normally providing there is nothing in your medical records over the last 6 years that refer to alcohol addiction or misuse. It would have been helpful if you could have spoken with your GP before they wrote to him and had at least one LFT carried out. It took my GP 9 weeks to reply, plus my official CDT reading was only 0.30%.

Sent my questionnaire back kn the 17th February... still no letter about an update. Rang them 2 times and they have it... its 4 months now.

So I've just rang the DVLA for the first time as I reapplied for my licence on 16th May (already over 5 weeks into the process). They told me it was scanned onto the system on 10th June and waiting to be reviewed.... Does this mean I have a while to wait yet before I get the medical letter through the door?!

So I've just rang the DVLA for the first time as I reapplied for my licence on 16th May (already over 5 weeks into the process). They told me it was scanned onto the system on 10th June and waiting to be reviewed.... Does this mean I have a while to wait yet before I get the medical letter through the door?!
I applied for my licence 21st March and was scanned into the system 12th of May.
I received my medical letter 3 weeks after that so if your waiting time is anything like mine I'd imagine you'll receive your medical letter end of next week - hopefully sooner tho! Fingers crossed for you

I applied for my licence 21st March and was scanned into the system 12th of May.
I received my medical letter 3 weeks after that so if your waiting time is anything like mine I'd imagine you'll receive your medical letter end of next week - hopefully sooner tho! Fingers crossed for you
Wow, you had quite a wait between applying to scanned onto system! Mines been scanned quicker than that so things must getting (slightly) better with the dvla. Thanks for the reply and well wishes! 🙏 Fingers crossed indeed!! 🤞

Good luck - I sent my application mid March, cheque cashed mid April - still not received my medical letter!

Good luck - I sent my application mid March, cheque cashed mid April - still not received my medical letter!
I sent my application on the10 Feb received 11Feb registered post cheque cashed 14 March still waiting this is my second application
I have a theory from speaking to my husband about the different delay times for different people. Where abouts do you both live? I live in Cheshire and I've heard that things have ran quite smoothly around here for medicals from a few people around here. One guy in this group was assigned to a clinic in Altrincham near me and got his licence back quite quick. I'm wondering whether we're all categorised into our regions and some regions are going quicker than others to process through the DVLA.
Like I said, just a theory and could be totally wrong!!

I have a theory from speaking to my husband about the different delay times for different people. Where abouts do you both live? I live in Cheshire and I've heard that things have ran quite smoothly around here for medicals from a few people around here. One guy in this group was assigned to a clinic in Altrincham near me and got his licence back quite quick. I'm wondering whether we're all categorised into our regions and some regions are going quicker than others to process through the DVLA.
Like I said, just a theory and could be totally wrong!!
I live in Greater London - my understanding is that all applications are dealt with centrally since they closed all the regional offices

Had my medical on the 14th June. Bloods received by DVLA onnthe 16th June and paperwork on the 21st June (yes I am on the phone alot making sure they've received everthing).

Had my medical on the 14th June. Bloods received by DVLA onnthe 16th June and paperwork on the 21st June (yes I am on the phone alot making sure they've received everthing).
Yup, this will be me too once I finally have my medical!! Chasing them every single day. Good for you, keep going! X

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off