What am I expecting?

Convicted Driver Insurance
Licence you want..
There is a line that says "To renew my licence"....... then cross the "Because I was disqualified" box. You then put in the date you were disqualified and the name of the court.

As I'm getting old I was glad to have a photo still valid that knocks a few years off 😂.

There are instructions on the form, and I used a Postal Order (£65.00) as I dont have a cheque book anymore, but basically thats what a Postal Order is anyway.
There is a small fee the Post Office charge but only a few quid.

There is space on the form to write the PO number and you should also write your name, date of birth and DVLA driver number (if you know it) on the back of the PO. And don't worry you don't sound like a spaz, if you haven't done it before then they are perfectly reasonable questions for being prepared.
Also worth paying the extra for a signed for delivery I'd say, just so you know they have got it.

Another point - and its on the form too but - make sure you use the right Postcode as the DVLA have a few. If you are non-HRO use SA99 1AA.

I'm close to the end, and your time will come too so keep a positive mindset and let the time slip by of its own accord !!!
Thankyou so much!💜💛💙.

Goodluck to you! xx

Lol that's true, but my license arrived only 1 day after they updated their site so forgot about that. Getting back on the road is amazing, gives u a fresh appreciation of driving (if you enjoy that sort of thing). 🙂

Lol that's true, but my license arrived only 1 day after they updated their site so forgot about that. Getting back on the road is amazing, gives u a fresh appreciation of driving (if you enjoy that sort of thing). 🙂
I cant actually wait! Iv bought myself a beauty of a car and I just keep getting modifications done to it because theres nothing else I can do but look at it haha (my poor dad been sending him everywhere:rolleyes:). Might need to store the car in a unit since I have two months left and its not helping me!

Uber was late this morning and I was just stood in my drive looking at my car like 'I WISH I COULD DRIVE YOU'

These two months are going to drag:cry:

Anyways rant over haha, Enjoy driving and stay safe💙

Aw thats nice to know that your back on road!!!(y):giggle: but GOSH I thought even if DVLA doesn't send your license in time,if online your ban is shown as complete on your record you can still drive?? I cant be waiting another 8 days after my ban date!! I already have it in my head im out that door 11:59am waiting till 12 hits so I can drive when my ban dates over haha!😂😂
I waited 2months after my ban

NO WAY :censored:. Are you telling me I have to wait till its come to then be able to drive even if it shows im valid online ????
Right this is going to ruin my
NO WAY :censored:. Are you telling me I have to wait till its come to then be able to drive even if it shows im valid online ????
Right this is going to ruin my whole day now:cry:
Sorry i got it wrong😂..no thats right if its says online its valid thats ok🤟

Hi I literally had court yesterday and the judge was very insistent and said DO NOT drive until you have that licence in your hand .... he advised me to re order it a week earlier x

It says on the D1 form

*After being disqualified for some drink driving offences then says £90

Is that the postal order I am paying??
Thought that was just for HRO??
If you are NOT an HRO then its £65.00, and as I mentioned previously make sure you use the right postcode.

Hi I literally had court yesterday and the judge was very insistent and said DO NOT drive until you have that licence in your hand .... he advised me to re order it a week earlier x
If you are NOT an HRO then you may find, as I did, that the DVLA can actually do an ok job. I took the advise of Luna2000 and rather than wait for the form to come through the post, I went to the post office, got a D1 and my postal order, sent it off ( tracked and signed delivery) and I had my licence back a few weeks ago for a ban that ends on 18th June.

They still sent me the form through the post though a few weeks later though :D

Just to throw a spanner in the works, i ticked the box on the application form and entered my Passport number and my application must have gone through because they've cashed my cheque and i had my medical last Friday and i never sent a photo. My licence previously expires in 2024 so surely they wouldn't use my old photo for when i hopefully get issued my new one. My new passport was issued in May 2020.
Hi there
What did your medical entail?? Could you go through what they did & said plz?? Sorry if that’s being intrusive!!
Many thanks

Hi there
What did your medical entail?? Could you go through what they did & said plz?? Sorry if that’s being intrusive!!
Many thanks
Hey, no not all intrusive. Step by step I walked into the doctors, paid and the receptionist gave me the questionaire, I had to fill it out in the car park! Covid at the time (last September) doc called me in, read my questionnaire, checked blood pressure, checked eye sight, prodded my liver and took a blood sample. Said everything looked fine and said I'd hear something within 10 weeks! 15 days later my licence was issued

Hey, no not all intrusive. Step by step I walked into the doctors, paid and the receptionist gave me the questionaire, I had to fill it out in the car park! Covid at the time (last September) doc called me in, read my questionnaire, checked blood pressure, checked eye sight, prodded my liver and took a blood sample. Said everything looked fine and said I'd hear something within 10 weeks! 15 days later my licence was issued
Were you an HRO & did you answer yes to any questions??
Many thanks
Darron

Were you an HRO & did you answer yes to any questions??
Many thanks
Darron
Yeah I was a HRO. Answered yes to a vehicle accident caused by alcohol because that's what happened when i got arrested but answered no to everything else. Last drink before medical was 3 weeks prior and had 2 pints which i stated

Yeah I was a HRO. Answered yes to a vehicle accident caused by alcohol because that's what happened when i got arrested but answered no to everything else. Last drink before medical was 3 weeks prior and had 2 pints which i stated
So they didn’t contact your GP at all??
I’ve been told on here that as I’m an HRO they’ll definitely contact my GP, which I’m worried about due to my medical history.
Talk about stressful sleepless nights 😂
Many thanks

So they didn’t contact your GP at all??
I’ve been told on here that as I’m an HRO they’ll definitely contact my GP, which I’m worried about due to my medical history.
Talk about stressful sleepless nights 😂
Many thanks
No they didn't contact my GP thank god! That can add weeks/months for getting your licence back if they do.

No its not set in concrete that they contact them but I've read loads on here as to why they do but no one knows unfortunately.

If you are NOT an HRO then you may find, as I did, that the DVLA can actually do an ok job. I took the advise of Luna2000 and rather than wait for the form to come through the post, I went to the post office, got a D1 and my postal order, sent it off ( tracked and signed delivery) and I had my licence back a few weeks ago for a ban that ends on 18th June.

They still sent me the form through the post though a few weeks later though :D
Hi love,

I received my license today by DVLA
It has the date of December 2022 of when I can drive but I did the Rehab course and that went to Aug 2022.

Online it does show as Aug but license shows different.

Should I contact DVLA or is this normal??

Hmmm not heard of that happening before. I think in the past similar may have happened when the company who did your course didn't advise the DVLA / court but then I would assume it wouldn't show on the .gov website either.

Certainly worth a shot at contacting the DVLA I'd say as its sounds like an admin cock-up. It maybe that they ask you for proof that you have completed the course in which case you might have to contact your course provider.

Sorry I can't be a lot of help on that one. Maybe someone else can give some better input.

It'll be interesting to hear how you get on.

In 7 days I can get behind the wheel again.... I'm like over excited little boy waiting for Xmas lol

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off