When did you get letter?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Shoegal

Well Known Member
Hello, I applied for my licence 3 weeks ago. I know it’s early days yet but was just wondering how many weeks after you applied for the licence did you receive the letter to go for the medical? X

Hello, I applied for my licence 3 weeks ago. I know it’s early days yet but was just wondering how many weeks after you applied for the licence did you receive the letter to go for the medical? X
Roughly 10 weeks as it needs to be scanned in to the system and the que aswell is unreal...so roughly 10weeks onwards...i received mine 12weeks after i applied..👍

I applied beginning of March and received my letter to book medical beginning of May.

Omg. Thanks both. So annoying as I don’t know when to go totally alcohol free. When you get the letter, do you go for the medical pretty quickly after that? X

Omg. Thanks both. So annoying as I don’t know when to go totally alcohol free. When you get the letter, do you go for the medical pretty quickly after that? X
Lol no...i waited 5 weeks from the day i book😂..its a long long process..its painful most of us are still waiting 😂..i done my medical april and iam still waiting

that’s just so shit isn’t it? Such an inefficient system. I know I’ve done wrong but believe me I’ve punished myself and paid my dues both mentally and financially. Just want this nightmare to be over. Hope you make some progress soon x

I've not been able to book mine yet as the dvla doctor hasn't got my details 🤣 so back on the phone to dvla to send them again. Apparently dvla have emailed so I'll try and book tomorrow/Fri 😆

that’s just so shit isn’t it? Such an inefficient system. I know I’ve done wrong but believe me I’ve punished myself and paid my dues both mentally and financially. Just want this nightmare to be over. Hope you make some progress soon x
Exactly..we spend money on license on medical on course its not fair on us literally .yes we done wrong but cummon why dont they just be fair to us like.pass a medical and move forward not keeping us this way its just stressful as hell like

I was sent the D1 in July. License expired in September. They didn’t get around to writing to GP until late-October, it was then April by the time the letter arrived inviting me to book a medical. Which I did straight away for as soon as possible, and which I completed recently. :)

Now I just wait for the license, I hope. It’s been a ludicrous wait spanning almost 10 months, although in fairness maybe it’s low priority because I’ve been told categorically by them I was fine to drive under Section 88 meanwhile.

I even wondered if involving an MP and making a formal complaint last time counted against me. Or what I drew on their ‘additional information’ form following the rather frivolous comment at the bottom of their letter stating somewhat needlessly ‘of course, if you no longer wish to apply for a license, please leave your comments in the additional info section’. Who knows. But for whatever reason, my application somehow managed to work its way to the very bottom of the pile.

Anyway, everything crossed for more than 1 year license this time around, although the pragmatist/pessimist in me thinks it will be the same. Which would be shit really, because I haven’t touched a drop in years.

Well I applied just after Xmas 2021, and I've still not had a letter to book my medical yet. So it's 4.5 months for me, and still none the wiser.

I hope you fare better than I'm doing!!! Good luck!

I've seen a few things spoken about the postcode of which to send to if you're HRO and need a medical. The postcode for medicals is SA99 1TU. Have all of you sent your applications who are still waiting months later to that postcode? And not the main postcode? I read that sending to wrong postcode can give significant delays is all x

I spoke to DVLA yesterday and they informed me that a medical letter was sent out to me and that I should receive it in the post in the next few days.

I posted my D1 Form March 21st 2022,
They informed me it was scanned in on their system on the 12th April.
Medical letter was dated 10th May.

Approx 50 days from application to medical letter being sent out.

I spoke to DVLA yesterday and they informed me that a medical letter was sent out to me and that I should receive it in the post in the next few days.

I am hoping i am in the same boat as you then Tdubs, was informed that my app was scanned in on 13th April and my PO was cashed on the 24th April so in theory just a day after you...wont hold my breath though...

Yup... As expected... Arrived in the mail this morning.
Still a long way to go yet, but nice to see something happening after 7 weeks of nothing!

Thanks all,

What does the letter say? Does it just invite you to book a medical and give a number? X

Thanks all,

What does the letter say? Does it just invite you to book a medical and give a number? X
Yes it gives you the contact details of the allocated DVLA doctor, which surgery and telephone number. It also explains about the CDT blood test and ID to take to the appt with you x

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off