Online application?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Alldaybreakfastin

Well Known Member
Hello,
Can a non HRO reapply for their license online? I’ve seen that HROs can’t but I can’t seem to find anything about non HROs, nor the right place to reapply if it is possible for me.
Thank you

edited to add - already applied with paper application but saw online could be processed faster.

Last edited:
87B287C0-32D1-4E77-A464-E05EF9AD0AD1.jpeg
This is how my online checker looks currently, does it mean my application has been accepted? I can’t remember seeing the valid from/to when I last checked - of course I may be mistaken.

The application cannot be done online whatever the drink drive conviction, but yes, it seems that you have been granted a full 10 year licence from 4th February.

View attachment 423
This is how my online checker looks currently, does it mean my application has been accepted? I can’t remember seeing the valid from/to when I last checked - of course I may be mistaken.

That must be a good feeling !
Congratulations

Would you mind sharing how the process went for you?
I'm non-HRO too, and still several weeks away from being able to re-apply, but reading these hallowed pages it is quite clear that people who are HRO are having a shocking time with the DVLA. So I am wondering if you had similar issues and if I should mentally prepare for a longer wait.

The application cannot be done online whatever the drink drive conviction, but yes, it seems that you have been granted a full 10 year licence from 4th February.
Thank you! What a relief.
Lots of lessons learnt over these past few months, thank you so much for your advice throughout!

That must be a good feeling !
Congratulations

Would you mind sharing how the process went for you?
I'm non-HRO too, and still several weeks away from being able to re-apply, but reading these hallowed pages it is quite clear that people who are HRO are having a shocking time with the DVLA. So I am wondering if you had similar issues and if I should mentally prepare for a longer wait.
Hi, sorry for the slow reply - I don’t seem to get notifications anymore and came on here to post exactly what you’re asking!

I too was worried re timeframe, especially since the website stated processing October applications, but there was no need to worry in my case. I was late in applying and the DVLA only received my application on the 30/12/2021. I checked my license checker on the 19/01/2022 and I had a license issued. I received my photo card in the post on 20/01/2022.

Good luck!

Hi, sorry for the slow reply - I don’t seem to get notifications anymore and came on here to post exactly what you’re asking!

I too was worried re timeframe, especially since the website stated processing October applications, but there was no need to worry in my case. I was late in applying and the DVLA only received my application on the 30/12/2021. I checked my license checker on the 19/01/2022 and I had a license issued. I received my photo card in the post on 20/01/2022.

Good luck!
That's really good to know and thanks very much for the info.
As I say I'm still several weeks away from being able to re-apply but hopefully it won't be a painful experience.

Again, congratulations on getting your licence back !

All the best

Hi, does anyone know how I go about reapplying for my driving license after receiving a 12 month one back in 2021. I know I have to do another medical but have not received any instructions on how to do so. I've called and they have told me instructions have been sent but they have obviously made a mistake as they asked the question "is that your current address where you live now?" I changed my address September 2021 and had a new license sent out and I think they have been sending mail to my old address. The bloke on the phone didn't give me any information at all and spoke to me like I should know.

The DVLA are useless when you try and call, I also asked about driving on a section 88 if my license runs out before receiving a decision and they told me "it's up to you as the license holder" I felt like calling them all the names under the sun but kept calm, nothing is clear with these people. You wait 2 months to get through on the phone some 780 calls they finally pick up and they talk to you in a cryptic way

Thanks in advance

Hi, does anyone know how I go about reapplying for my driving license after receiving a 12 month one back in 2021. I know I have to do another medical but have not received any instructions on how to do so. I've called and they have told me instructions have been sent but they have obviously made a mistake as they asked the question "is that your current address where you live now?" I changed my address September 2021 and had a new license sent out and I think they have been sending mail to my old address. The bloke on the phone didn't give me any information at all and spoke to me like I should know.

The DVLA are useless when you try and call, I also asked about driving on a section 88 if my license runs out before receiving a decision and they told me "it's up to you as the license holder" I felt like calling them all the names under the sun but kept calm, nothing is clear with these people. You wait 2 months to get through on the phone some 780 calls they finally pick up and they talk to you in a cryptic way

Thanks in advance
Hi,
Good to hear you’ve reached the end of your ban. I had my first day of driving yesterday. Bought a bottle of (alcohol free!) ‘nozeco’ to celebrate.

May I suggest you post this in the DVLA medical discussion forum? I am not a HRO and didn’t have to do a medical, but there should be many people on those forums who have a much better idea than I do.

Good luck!

Hi,
Good to hear you’ve reached the end of your ban. I had my first day of driving yesterday. Bought a bottle of (alcohol free!) ‘nozeco’ to celebrate.

May I suggest you post this in the DVLA medical discussion forum? I am not a HRO and didn’t have to do a medical, but there should be many people on those forums who have a much better idea than I do.

Good luck!
Good for you !!

Bet it felt good being back on the road again.... congratulations

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off