My experience and waiting game with medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Scotland-@

Hi, so I thought I will give my experience my time scale and what is happening, maybe if someone is waiting could get and outline that they doing.

in June 2020, I’ve been driving and hit the pedestrian crossing gates at light posts. Car been totally damaged written off. Random guy drove with trailer , picked up my car and we almost got away. And police showed up. I blew 110 at road and 97 at police station. Got 15months ban, £275 fine.

served my ban, and now
Applied for license on October 10
Got medical letter 1st of November
Got medical on 1st of December
Still waiting for any response which is annoying I have already served my ban with all the consequences and I still have to wait..

my drinking habits was very low, I am drinking barely and never drunk much, it’s was the worst experience in my life, I do regret it all, wasn’t having drink for a long time, drunk once and went crazy…

hope you all get sorted as soon as but knowing dvla time scale is awful.

Hi, so I thought I will give my experience my time scale and what is happening, maybe if someone is waiting could get and outline that they doing.

in June 2020, I’ve been driving and hit the pedestrian crossing gates at light posts. Car been totally damaged written off. Random guy drove with trailer , picked up my car and we almost got away. And police showed up. I blew 110 at road and 97 at police station. Got 15months ban, £275 fine.

served my ban, and now
Still waiting for any response which is annoying I have already served my ban with all the consequences and I still have to wait..

my drinking habits was very low, I am drinking barely and never drunk much, it’s was the worst experience in my life, I do regret it all, wasn’t having drink for a long time, drunk once and went crazy…

Well I've been waiting nearly 6 months since my medical in July, so consider yourself lucky that you had to do only a blood test, as for your timescale, I'm guessing they have wrote to your GP? you shouldn't be much longer off the road, good luck in the future.

Well I've been waiting nearly 6 months since my medical in July, so consider yourself lucky that you had to do only a blood test, as for your timescale, I'm guessing they have wrote to your GP? you shouldn't be much longer off the road, good luck in the future.

served my ban, and now

Your timescale so far has been incredibly quick.
I applied at beginning of March and DVLA have had my GP report since August 10th and I've still not received any further information about even attending a medical yet.
No offences or alcohol involved.

I have no idea if they wrote it. I did phone the that number provided with 252 ext. and asked what is happening they told me that they have received everything and waiting for the desicion to be made. So have really no idea

Your timescale so far has been incredibly quick.
I applied at beginning of March and DVLA have had my GP report since August 10th and I've still not received any further information about even attending a medical yet.
No offences or alcohol involved.
How do they work that slow I can’t image. Did you chase them up , might they lost the documents or something?

How do they work that slow I can’t image. Did you chase them up , might they lost the documents or something?
I haven't phoned them for four weeks but will be doing so this week.
They have confirmed several times they have the GP report, that the report is "acceptable" (which to me must mean it has been looked at) and that it is "waiting for a decision" therefore it has not been lost and the information is on their system.
Whereabouts in Scotland are you? (unless that's your first name?)
Cheers

I haven't phoned them for four weeks but will be doing so this week.
They have confirmed several times they have the GP report, that the report is "acceptable" (which to me must mean it has been looked at) and that it is "waiting for a decision" therefore it has not been lost and the information is on their system.
Whereabouts in Scotland are you? (unless that's your first name?)
Cheers
I’m in highlands, do you know if that’s possible to get your cdt results back? Because for me seems a bit odd as it is my blood results I asked them to send me back they told me that they couldn’t do that.

I’m in highlands, do you know if that’s possible to get your cdt results back? Because for me seems a bit odd as it is my blood results I asked them to send me back they told me that they couldn’t do that.
I'm in Glasgow, just thought I'd ask where you where that's all.
I don't know much about the alcohol side of things (though I've read loads) as I've never had anything to do with the alcohol side of DVLA but from what I recall I thought they sent them to you also, at least after they issued your license.
You could do a subject access request perhaps to get this information but to get the correct answer you could ask the question in a new post.You could also try the search facility within the forum.

Last edited:
Slow! Applying on October 10th and getting a medical on 1st November. You think that's slow?

Here's my timetable, and I'm also in Scotland.

So I'm now sitting 6 months on from applying waiting on my GP to return a form and then for the DVLA to make a decision.

You're timeline is 'incredibly' quick.

Licence Applied For
15/07/2021​
Application form Rec'd from DVLA
27/07/2021​
Called
24/08/2021​
Cheque Cashed
31/08/2021​
Called
03/09/2021​
Medical Letter Received
14/09/2021​
Medical
30/09/2021​
Driving Ban Ends
12/10/2021​
89Date when my driving ban ended.
Called
19/10/2021​
96Told by handler that everything had been received and was with medical section
Called
12/11/2021​
120Told the CDT DR1 form was missing and that Doctor had been contacted - 1.5 hour call
Called Doctor - Glasgow Medical Rooms
12/11/2021​
120They sent everything back on the 30th Sept stapled together. They have received NO communication from DVLA regarding missing forms
Called DVLA again
13/11/2021​
121Told that 'everything was in hand' and I would be contacted asap. No idea what that means or where this leaves myself.
Called Doctor to see if DVLA had been in touch with them.
17/11/2021​
125No contact from DVLA but was told that they had a copy of my form on file and they would Fax it to DVLA today. This is contrary to what they told me last week when they sadi they do not retain copies. This info could have been faxed on the 12/22/2021. Not happy.
Letter from DVLA dated 16/11/2021 saying they had writtent to my GP.
19/11/2021​
127Received a letter from DVLA dated the 16th November saying they now had all the information from the Dr. who carried out my DVLA medical and that they had written to my GP for additional health info. Strange that when I called on the 12th November I was told the CDT DR1 from was missing and it was only on the 17th November that Dr. faxed it to the DVLA again. Someone, somewhere is telling porkies.
GP confirmed they had received a letter from DVLA
01/12/2021​

Slow! Applying on October 10th and getting a medical on 1st November. You think that's slow?

So I'm now sitting 6 months on from applying waiting on my GP to return a form and then for the DVLA to make a decision.

Licence Applied For
15/07/2021​
27/07/2021​
Called
24/08/2021​
Cheque Cashed
31/08/2021​
Called
03/09/2021​
Medical Letter Received
14/09/2021​
Medical
30/09/2021​
Driving Ban Ends
12/10/2021​
Called
19/10/2021​
96Told by handler that everything had been received and was with medical section
Called
12/11/2021​
120Told the CDT DR1 form was missing and that Doctor had been contacted - 1.5 hour call
12/11/2021​
120They sent everything back on the 30th Sept stapled together. They have received NO communication from DVLA regarding missing forms
Called DVLA again
13/11/2021​
121Told that 'everything was in hand' and I would be contacted asap. No idea what that means or where this leaves myself.
17/11/2021​
125No contact from DVLA but was told that they had a copy of my form on file and they would Fax it to DVLA today. This is contrary to what they told me last week when they sadi they do not retain copies. This info could have been faxed on the 12/22/2021. Not happy.
19/11/2021​
127Received a letter from DVLA dated the 16th November saying they now had all the information from the Dr. who carried out my DVLA medical and that they had written to my GP for additional health info. Strange that when I called on the 12th November I was told the CDT DR1 from was missing and it was only on the 17th November that Dr. faxed it to the DVLA again. Someone, somewhere is telling porkies.
01/12/2021​
Hi, I think you might have picked him up incorrectly.
He was referring to my reply and my timescales - not his own.
His has been phenonomoly fast.

Licence Applied For
15/07/2021​
27/07/2021​
Called
24/08/2021​
Cheque Cashed
31/08/2021​
Called
03/09/2021​
Medical Letter Received
14/09/2021​
Medical
30/09/2021​
Driving Ban Ends
12/10/2021​
Called
19/10/2021​
Called
12/11/2021​
12/11/2021​
Called DVLA again
13/11/2021​
17/11/2021​
19/11/2021​
01/12/2021​
Yeah it was medical on 1st of December, I’ve got letter November. Half a year… this is crazy

I'm pleased for you but so frustrated for myself.

I blew 96, so can't see the difference between my application and yours.
You applied in July right? I had my medical in July and I'm still waiting! The DVLA are such an incredibly laughable bunch of idiots.. in what world does it take 6 months to process a bit of urine.

You applied in July right? I had my medical in July and I'm still waiting! The DVLA are such an incredibly laughable bunch of idiots.. in what world does it take 6 months to process a bit of urine.
Some alternate universe by the looks of things.

Although I blew 96, my blood CDT was only 0.30%.

If Scotland-@ can get his licence back in 2 and a bit months, then I don't see why I can't.

I still think it depends on which medical advisor is reviewing your case and how they look at things. Basically it is subjective, which it shouldn't be as they should have a tick list they all work to.

If Scotland-@ can get his licence back in 2 and a bit months, then I don't see why I can't.

I still think it depends on which medical advisor is reviewing your case and how they look at things. Basically it is subjective, which it shouldn't be as they should have a tick list they all work to.
Yeah, tell me about it Luna!
10 months in and still nothing about medical

Last edited:

So my ban ended on 8th of December and I got license today so in less than a month! Although I made a complain through website and it says that they process the complain within 1 working day. So maybe I did help me a bit

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off