Convicted Driver Insurance
This is my details
Blew 136 in 2019
30 months ban and 150 hours community service
Did course and ban ended 3 October
Had medical 5 November
( didn’t drink for 2 months)
Full license given today 08/12
Biggest advice I can give you is to stop drinking prior to your medical! At least 1 month 👍
I really have to ask, how the F*** did you get your licence back so quickly with a reading that high.

Did they write to your GP?

I applied on 15th July for my licence, had my Medical on 30th September, ban ended 12th October and I am still waiting as they have decided to write to my GP despite me having a CDT of 0.20% and only scoring I on the medical questionnaire.

Going by your timeline, I 'should' get my licence back in a week's time but I am not holding my breath.

This is my details
Blew 136 in 2019
30 months ban and 150 hours community service
Did course and ban ended 3 October
Had medical 5 November
( didn’t drink for 2 months)
Full license given today 08/12
Biggest advice I can give you is to stop drinking prior to your medical! At least 1 month 👍
Nice one Bazzmo,

Got my medical on 15th December, haven't drank since 8th November so that'll be day 37 of not drinking. Hopefully this will speed everything up!

Is there anything else you think may have helped you on your way to a quick decision?

Cheers,
Elsoal

How did you manage to get your cdt results back before your licence?
I think I read in one of Luna posts that that was a private test I.e not part of the formal medical ( apologies to all if I’m wrong). My cdt results arrived along with my licence, about a week after it was updated on l e). All of my attempts to get the cdt results : emails, subject access request, letters, phone calls, prior to that were in vain.

I really have to ask, how the F*** did you get your licence back so quickly with a reading that high.

I applied on 15th July for my licence, had my Medical on 30th September, ban ended 12th October and I am still waiting as they have decided to write to my GP despite me having a CDT of 0.20% and only scoring I on the medical questionnaire.

Going by your timeline, I 'should' get my licence back in a week's time but I am not holding my breath.
Yes: extraordinarily fast. The GP will not have been contacted. Good result for poster, but very out of synch with usual DVLA performance. Is this perhaps a positive sign re them sorting their processes out?

Mine took 5 months . Applied 1 March , licence issued 31 August . This included writing to GP. So, you may hear soon hopefully.

Mine took 5 months . Applied 1 March , licence issued 31 August . This included writing to GP. So, you may hear soon hopefully.
I keep wondering to myself If I had known I could apply online if I would’ve had my licence back months ago, this includes 2 Medicals and Gp consultation 🧐

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all your information. Just to add to the data pool:

I was banned for 16 months in 2015 August
I was banned for 3 years in 2018 November
(HRO due to it being second offence)

Sent D1 form 21 August 2021
Received medical appointment booking letter 15th October
Ban expired 19th November
Medical 24th November (CDT and physical exam)
My GP has not been written to yet, unsure as to whether they will or not
Fingers crossed and continually checking the website license status!

I didn't drink for 3 months eating up to medical, bar 3 pints at a gig on October 30th

Some really positive stories on here of quick turnarounds, as well as some horror stories, so we shall see.
I am in Buckinghamshire/Chilterns, Southern UK for what it's worth

Pleased to meet you all, albeit shitty circumstances.

I think if they were sorting the process out I would have had my licence back already, 22 weeks since my medical and still processing.

Callum I seen your other post for Martin the solicitor, I'm not sure if we talked before, but the benzo you admitted to using. Was it prescribed by your GP?

Just a quick update friends,

my licence was updated today to a full one. Only took 5 months, 2 medicals and a GP questionnaire, only thing is it’s a 1 year licence, is this because of my CDT (which I don’t know until I phone DVLA) or because this is my second DUI conviction? First ban one was 9 years ago. I’ve been phoning every other day asking for updates and I think they must’ve gotten sick of me 😂

Callum I seen your other post for Martin the solicitor, I'm not sure if we talked before, but the benzo you admitted to using. Was it prescribed by your GP?
It was a prescription benzo, but I wasn't currently prescribed it, I was previously prescribed and told to stop.

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all your information. Just to add to the data pool:

I was banned for 16 months in 2015 August
I was banned for 3 years in 2018 November
(HRO due to it being second offence)

Sent D1 form 21 August 2021
Received medical appointment booking letter 15th October
Ban expired 19th November
Medical 24th November (CDT and physical exam)
My GP has not been written to yet, unsure as to whether they will or not
Fingers crossed and continually checking the website license status!

I didn't drink for 3 months eating up to medical, bar 3 pints at a gig on October 30th

Some really positive stories on here of quick turnarounds, as well as some horror stories, so we shall see.
I am in Buckinghamshire/Chilterns, Southern UK for what it's worth

Pleased to meet you all, albeit shitty circumstances.
Dear All,

My name is Kartikeya from Oxford. Over the passed year I been reading messages daily here but never actually created a post till today. I was banned for 13 months with the ban expiring on 10.10.2021. My timescales:

23.10.2021 - DVLA Medical (This was the earliest date I could get, waiting time of 3 months)

(Full alcohol abstinence for 3 months prior to medical)

15.11.2021 - Called DVLA who stated they are in receipt of blood but no report from the DVLA doctor.

15.11.2021 - Called the DVLA doctor, staff confirmed they work part time. I write 2 letters and an email to the DVLA doctor. The doctor was efficient in responding from home. She resent the forms via fax, email and post. She called me to update. I am sure the error was not at her end.

23.11.2021 - DVLA received the forms

14.12.2021 - Sent email to DVLA, namely Tim. Although had a bounced email back stating to contact DVLA complaints department if single licensing issue.

5am 15.12.2021 - 5am praying to Lord Shiva to bless me with the license and ease the stress. I had already gone through enough, losing my work, let down my family etc.

8am 15.12.2021 - The agent stated Full 10 Year License issued at 8am today and letter in post : ) Could'nt bless her enough

I want to say this is a very stressful journey, having the ban lifted and still no license makes us more impatient. We can only pray and ensure this error never happens again.

I will help you as much as I can, so my giveaways:

It is crucial to avoid alcohol for atleast 3 months else you have the risk of alarm bells ringing causing extra delays. Which you really do not want

For updates I been calling DVLA on 0300 123 1350 with extension 252

Once your medical is carried out, ensure you chase up the DVLA regular to confirm they are in receipt of:

A - Blood
B - Report

Seriously I wish you all the best of luck

OM NAMAH SHIVAEYE

HI, when I called DVLA today, they said that they have all the information they need, it just needs to go across to the decision makers. Does this mean they will still write to my GP, or will the medical suffice? Does anyone know please?

HI, when I called DVLA today, they said that they have all the information they need, it just needs to go across to the decision makers. Does this mean they will still write to my GP, or will the medical suffice? Does anyone know please
HI, when I called DVLA today, they said that they have all the information they need, it just needs to go across to the decision makers. Does this mean they will still write to my GP, or will the medical suffice? Does anyone know please?
I’m afraid to say that I think that the « decision makers » can decide to write to the GP. That doesn’t mean they will of course .

HI, when I called DVLA today, they said that they have all the information they need, it just needs to go across to the decision makers. Does this mean they will still write to my GP, or will the medical suffice? Does anyone know please

I’m afraid to say that I think that the « decision makers » can decide to write to the GP. That doesn’t mean they will of course .
Oh, I had dared to get my hopes up! I would imagine they will - it seems too good to be true time-wise, otherwise! Ha! Thank you for the prompt reply.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off