Admiral Insurance Drink and Drugs policy

Convicted Driver Insurance
How long ago was your incident?

A friend of mine crashed earlier in the year and it took 31 days for Volkswagen to be able to deliver an original bumper for her car. So the car was in for 32 days total. During this time she was in a courtesy car.

34 days for an OEM part isn't unheard of especially with the supply issues for certain models this last 2 years. Insurance repairs don't plastiweld or pack a bumper with filler and paint it, they replace with OEM parts.

A friend of mine crashed earlier in the year and it took 31 days for Volkswagen to be able to deliver an original bumper for her car. So the car was in for 32 days total. During this time she was in a courtesy car.

34 days for an OEM part isn't unheard of especially with the supply issues for certain models this last 2 years. Insurance repairs don't plastiweld or pack a bumper with filler and paint it, they replace with OEM parts.
I’m just slightly worried. My incident was nearly 2.5 years ago and I haven’t heard a thing. I know the car was written off at a valuation of £500 heard nothing since

Crikey.

Hello Guys.

I had a multicar insurance with Admiral

6 months ago my Wife drove the car in the morning after an evening out, She crashed the car and was over the limit.

She damaged ran into a parked van and moved the van so that it hit a car that was parked in front of it.

The van was repaired but the car was a total loss.

Admiral cancelled my insurance and asked me to sign forms accepting all responsibility which I did not sign.

Admiral have now sent me a bill for approx £10k.

They have asked me for 4 months pay slips and list savings and monthly expenses etc.

I asked them to send me photographs of vehicles and lists of cost etc but all I got was a price for repairs and cost of total loss for the car.

Questions.

Should they be pursuing me or my wife for the money?

As the car was a total loss and the whole cost for the car has been claimed for, who would the damaged vehicle belong to.

I have no information to see if it has been repaired and put back onto road.

My wife realises her mistake and deeply regrets her actions

I started new thread and had response below so I will delete other thread.

There is an extensive thread on this on the forum if you search admiral. However things have changed since the thread was first posted with admiral seem to now be following up to the county court for non payment. You need to deal with admiral via letter and keep copies of the letters, the replies and proof of postage. Your wife is the one that should be pursued for this, first you need to have admiral accept that your wife is liable as the named driver and not you. Then in writing you need to ask admiral how they went about minimizing the price of the claim for you (the customer) and why they have not done that if they did not.

Depending on the model of van and the model of car it was pushed into, plus the potential of 2x courtesy cars for the drivers for the duration of the repairs 10k isn't too far off. My partners mum had her parked car written off at Christmas and was in a courtesy car for 2 months, the cost of the courtesy car to the driver who crashed into her was 6k then the claim was 4.8k so 10.8k total for the car plus a courtesy car. As for your question on who owns the car, the owner of the written off car is given the option to buy the car back off the insurance company, if they reject that then it is scrapped and the scrap value is taken off the claim

I believe they should be pursuing the driver not the policyholder. They changed the exclusion clause after the FOS pulled them up on how they were not working within the mysterious rules of uninsured driver claims.

Check your policy wording. Read some of the more recent posts where the changes are discussed.

I would be complaining very strongly if (as I suspect) the should only pursue the driver.
I think this is because the policy has been cancelled. Might be worth raising a complaint with the FOS for pursuing the wrong person.

What should happen is that the third party insurer takes you to court. If they win a judgment against you then Admiral have to step in, settle the claim and then they can pursue the uninsured' driver for the cost of the claim.
What they are doing is short cutting the process by getting the third party to sign an agreement for Admiral to deal with the claim. Supposedly to keep the costs down.

If the car is written off it becomes the property of the insurance company but the owner can usually buy it back and repair it themselves. Depends which category of write off it is.

Unless the vehicle is scrapped I reckon there is scope to reduce the claim by the amount they get for the car.

if you have the vehicle registration number you can check for free if it has a current mot and taxed.

You could also pay for an HPI check. I found out the vehicle my son hit had been written off twice before.

I wouldn't disclose any information about your financial situation. They are weighing up what you can afford. Only under a court judgment can they get your financial data.

Hi
I recently was involved in DD incident in which I hit a parked car
I have been through the criminal process and that’s all behind me
Admiral have sent me a consent and indemnity agreement to sign in which they deal with the third and they come to me for the costs
If anyone could help with this or advice if appreciate it

Hi
I recently was involved in DD incident in which I hit a parked car
I have been through the criminal process and that’s all behind me
Admiral have sent me a consent and indemnity agreement to sign in which they deal with the third and they come to me for the costs
If anyone could help with this or advice if appreciate it
Hi Sandro, Welcome to the forum.
You are in the right place for advice, and have fount the right thread.
Can I suggest you read through all this thread, plus on the top right of the page there is a search function where if you put ‘Admiral’ into it, you will get a lot of other stuff about the problem you are experiencing.

This would be preferable to people rehashing what has already been discussed on here.
Then come back it’s any questions you may have that have not already been covered.

Letter just says get in touch to arrange full settlement or payment plan, I will follow what I've read on this thread, not the best letter I've ever had 2 weeks to Christmas but hey ho it is what it is

Letter just says get in touch to arrange full settlement or payment plan, I will follow what I've read on this thread, not the best letter I've ever had 2 weeks to Christmas but hey ho it is what it is

A really rough time of year to receive this for sure. At least you can start the year afresh in 2022 with it all clear and laid out. A long time they've kept you waiting rhough!

Well they need to justify the amounts . Can you get any advice from anywhere ?

Beggining of this year
I’m really nervous, god my accident was July 2019 and I haven’t heard a thing since then? I was thinking it might be due to covid with back logs etc. But people seem to be getting stuff through really quickly.

I wasn't expecting it to be this quick if I'm honest, pretty much ruined my Christmas

I wasn't expecting it to be this quick if I'm honest, pretty much ruined my Christmas
I can imagine. It’s like some of the guys in here have said no judgement at all, it’s a safe space. So have admiral asked for payslips, etc etc?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off