Sent application : 12th July
Postal order cashed : 26th August
Medical letter arrived - 11th September
Medical - 3rd Nov
Called DVLA - 24th Nov
Checked online - Full 10 year issued today 25th Nov

It's over phew

Congratulations!
Just over 3 weeks from your medical which isn’t bad at all.
My medical was on the 12th November so hopefully not too long…

Seeing how people are getting there licenses sometimes within a month after medical is depressing for me, I've been waiting 5 months since my medical now. I think the urine samples are taking way too long, every time I call them they say it's just in a backlog.

Congrats to everyone though, not being a downer just seems a bit injustified.

HRO - refused bloods 12 month ban. Applied 80 days ago. Ban ends 13th December 2021. Could someone offer some help on when I may receive a letter advising me where to get bloods done? (I’m 24 maybe have 1 drink a month if that) I box professionally so consider myself very healthy. Can i the arrange the medical myself? I’m worrying with it being near Xmas I have 0 chance of getting my licence back before the end of the year? I don’t understand how this is fair people having to wait 3 months to receive their licence. I appreciate I shouldn’t have got in a car after vaping someone THC vape stick thing. But the service the DVLA provide is shocking! I’m a key worker, worked throughout the whole pandemic 6 days a week without a single break.
It took 8 weeks for me to get a letter re my medical. The next problem is booking one. You cannot book one in advance but what you can do is find a Doctor in your area that does them, call and see how busy they are and then phone the DVLA and say that this Doctor is your preferred practice for the medical. That's what I did and I had my medical within 2 weeks of the letter arriving.

My ban ended on the 12th October, over 6 weeks ago, and the DVLA have written to my GP so the ball is now in there court.

Many thanks for your reply. Absolutely gutted cycling 8 miles a day is a nightmare in these conditions. Was hoping before Xmas what am I looking at time scales?
These are my timescales so far. They have been posted a few times on here but each thread is different. It is worthwhile keeping on top of the DVLA as unless you call you have no idea where you are in the process and what, if anything, is missing. I've been cycling 10 miles every day for 2 years. Hardly missed a day. I have an electric bike which helps, but it was bloody freezing this morning. Like you I was hoping to have a car before Christmas but this now seems unlikely.

ACTIONDAYSCOMMENT
Licence Applied For
15/07/2021​
Application form Rec'd from DVLA
27/07/2021​
Called
24/08/2021​
Cheque Cashed
31/08/2021​
Called
03/09/2021​
Medical Letter Received
14/09/2021​
Medical
30/09/2021​
Driving Ban Ends
12/10/2021​
89Date when my driving ban ended.
Called
19/10/2021​
96Told by handler that everything had been received and was with medical section
Called
12/11/2021​
120Told the CDT DR1 form was missing and that Doctor had been contacted - 1.5 hour call
Called Doctor - Glasgow Medical Rooms
12/11/2021​
120They sent everything back on the 30th Sept stapled together. They have received NO communication from DVLA regarding missing forms
Called DVLA again
13/11/2021​
121Told that 'everything was in hand' and I would be contacted asap. No idea what that means or where this leaves myself.
Called Doctor to see if DVLA had been in touch with them.
17/11/2021​
125No contact from DVLA but was told that they had a copy of my form on file and they would Fax it to DVLA today. This is contrary to what they told me last week when they sadi they do not retain copies. This info could have been faxed on the 12/22/2021. Not happy.
Letter from DVLA dated 16/11/2021 saying they had written to my GP.
19/11/2021​
127Received a letter from DVLA dated the 16th November saying they now had all the information from the Dr. who carried out my DVLA medical and that they had written to my GP for additional health info. Strange that when I called on the 12th November I was told the CDT DR1 from was missing and it was only on the 17th November that Dr. faxed it to the DVLA again. Someone, somewhere is telling porkies.

Yes I was also surprised it was updated on a Sunday morning!

I wasn’t sure where to post but I will just post it here.
I was a HRO blew roughly 120. First time offender. I received a 20 months driving ban and a fine.

Ban ended - 7/7/21
(I didn’t apply straight away but when I did I waited roughly 8/9 weeks for my medical letter to arrive)
Medical - 27/10/21
Full license updated online - 21/11/21
License through the post - 24/11/21

I didn’t receive any information on what my CDT result was, can I request this? I would be interested to know!

I drink one bottle of wine within the week every week but just before completely stopping I was on holiday so I was having a couple of glasses of wine each night for about 5 days.

I stopped drinking completely for 26 days. Answered yes to contacting my gp, no to everything else except the question about has there every been an accident and I said yes because I crashed my car when the incident happened but no one including myself was hurt (thank god)!

The medical doctor was lovely, went through questionnaire without sounding at all judgmental, checked my blood pressure, heart and chest.
I lay up on the bed and he felt around my stomach, got me to hold my hands out in front of me still and then quickly touch my nose with each index finger. Just before leaving he said everything went absolutely fine and that the timescale was up to 6 weeks to hear back from DVLA.

Thanks to everyone on here it has been a big help with what to expect and time scales etc. I hope everything who is still waiting hears back soon!
You did well getting your licence back in that timescale.

See my previous post for dates.

You need to make a Subject Access Request to obtain your CDT results.

Use this email address; SubjectAccess.Requests@dvla.gov.uk

Be sure to include full name and address details, date of birth and driving licence number if you know it.

Cheers

Be sure to include full name and address details, date of birth and driving licence number if you know it.

Cheers
They sent me my cdt results along with my license. I didn’t request them.

Cheers

Just to give you the heads up with the Subject Access Request - the DVLA took about five weeks to respond to my SAR at the end of last year. They eventually sent me a letter to confirm my results. Given the massive backlog of the DVLA, don't expect to receive the CDT results for a few weeks.

CJ

Seeing how people are getting there licenses sometimes within a month after medical is depressing for me, I've been waiting 5 months since my medical now. I think the urine samples are taking way too long, every time I call them they say it's just in a backlog.

Congrats to everyone though, not being a downer just seems a bit injustified.
Why did you have to provide urine? I thought it was only bloods?

Why did you have to provide urine? I thought it was only bloods?
Needed to provide a urine sample because while have a medically revoked licence due to mental health problems I admitted (regrettably) to my doctor, that I used unprescribed benzos, in such they had to make sure I wasn't still taking them, even though I have been prescribed them in the past, (the ones I was using were previous prescription benzos)

Not in any hurry thanfully.
Just to give you the heads up with the Subject Access Request - the DVLA took about five weeks to respond to my SAR at the end of last year. They eventually sent me a letter to confirm my results. Given the massive backlog of the DVLA, don't expect to receive the CDT results for a few weeks.

Hi guys, I had my medical on 17th sep and I have still not Heard anything back yet. Is there any email or a phone number I can contact them to ask for any information?

Hi guys, I had my medical on 17th sep and I have still not Heard anything back yet. Is there any email or a phone number I can contact them to ask for any information?
I GOT MY LICENSE BACK.

Medical done on 11th November 2021
Licence update online on 25th November 2021

trying to get through to the DVLA to ensure they received my application for a medical. Can not get through trying multiple times a day. Can someone help? Many thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off