CDT results yesterday - my story

Convicted Driver Insurance

danty_20

Well Known Member
Hi all
I was arrested early February 2020 with a breath reading of 98. Had an accident but no one else involved. Late February was in court and issued with a 2 year ban and 60 hours community order.
Took the drink drive course November 2020 and that knocked 6 months off my ban.
Roll on early June 2021 and I sent off my application for my license. It took 12 weeks for a letter to arrive to book a medical (in which time my ban had ended- 26th August) and was booked for 24th September. Medical went fine, told the truth re the accident, last drink was 2 pints 2 weeks prior the medical and drank 10-20 units per month. Didn't really abstain and had a session at the end of August of about 20 units over a weekend.
In September I drank loads of water daily, eat healthy but was worried.
19 days after my medical I checked online and a 10 year licence was issued. Yesterday I received my licence and a letter through the post with a CDT of 0.5%.

Obviously the DVLA don't contact your gp on every occasion but what do you think the main criteria is has to why they do? A high CDT? Drugs? Mental health?

I thought they'd contact mine because of declaring a accident, not abstaining and quite a high reading in the first place.

Hi all
I was arrested early February 2020 with a breath reading of 98. Had an accident but no one else involved. Late February was in court and issued with a 2 year ban and 60 hours community order.
Roll on early June 2021 and I sent off my application for my license. It took 12 weeks for a letter to arrive to book a medical (in which time my ban had ended- 26th August) and was booked for 24th September. Medical went fine, told the truth re the accident, last drink was 2 pints 2 weeks prior the medical and drank 10-20 units per month. Didn't really abstain and had a session at the end of August of about 20 units over a weekend.
19 days after my medical I checked online and a 10 year licence was issued. Yesterday I received my licence and a letter through the post with a CDT of 0.5%.

Obviously the DVLA don't contact your gp on every occasion but what do you think the main criteria is has to why they do? A high CDT? Drugs? Mental health?

I thought they'd contact mine because of declaring a accident, not abstaining and quite a high reading in the first place.
I am with you Guzzled water and ate healthily. 0.3 CDT Possibly how the DVLA doctor pertains you?

Hi all

Congratulations on getting your license back! Especially a 10 year one, that means you can put this to rest.
I am pretty confident my GP was contacted because I told them I had been told I had liver damage in the past. Makes sense to ask for my GP’s opinion.

Other people on here have stated they had a low CDT and no alcohol related issues and they still contacted their GP’s. I wouldn’t be surprised if sometimes it’s somewhat random.

I would be very interested to hear what the DVLA base their decisions on. Either way, I accept the process as a method of ensuring the roads are safe rather than a process to further punish those who sought help from their GP’s in the past.

Hi all

danty

Congratulations. I am assuming that you have no recorded medical history with drugs or alcohol, nor other conditions you have declared that would be relevant to driving?

Anyone who has been unfortunate to visit their GP in the past with any issues over alcohol generally gets a 12 month temporary licence to begin with post their ban.

The 10 year licence is a great result though. Enjoy the driving.

CJ

Hi, I have received this email from Tim burton. Does this mean I have passed?:

Dear Miss

We have received the result of your CDT test. However, we are still waiting for the report that accompanies that test.

As soon as we receive the report I have asked that one of my Doctors reviews your application and makes a licensing recommendation.

Yours sincerely,
Tim

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off