Medical Tomorrow

Convicted Driver Insurance

Pane123

Well Known Member
Hi,

This forum has been a huge help to me so I'm hoping someone can answer this, although I've not given it much time.

I self reported as an alcoholic to the DVLA and had my licence revoked over a year ago.

I have to go for a full medical and the DVLA letter specifies that it's a blood test I need.

When I phoned to book, the woman on reception asked if it was a blood or urine test I was going for, and obviously I said "blood".

Is there any chance I'll have to do a urine test? I don't mind but I'm really bad at peeing when other people are about.

This is my only worry 😂.

Hi,

This forum has been a huge help to me so I'm hoping someone can answer this, although I've not given it much time.

I self reported as an alcoholic to the DVLA and had my licence revoked over a year ago.

I have to go for a full medical and the DVLA letter specifies that it's a blood test I need.

When I phoned to book, the woman on reception asked if it was a blood or urine test I was going for, and obviously I said "blood".

Is there any chance I'll have to do a urine test? I don't mind but I'm really bad at peeing when other people are about.

This is my only worry 😂.
I've had two urine only DVLA medicals.
The nurse told me (when asked) that they only ever do what they are instructed to do by DVLA.
This was indeed the case, I never had any blood tests, medical checks, weight, eyes etc.
Just urine only as instructed y DVLA.

I've had two urine only DVLA medicals.
The nurse told me (when asked) that they only ever do what they are instructed to do by DVLA.
This was indeed the case, I never had any blood tests, medical checks, weight, eyes etc.
Just urine only as instructed y DVLA.
The urine samples will be because your case involved drugs. Where the offence is alcohol they only use blood samples, so to answer Pane123, he/ she will be required to do a blood sample.

The urine samples will be because your case involved drugs. Where the offence is alcohol they only use blood samples, so to answer Pane123, he/ she will be required to do a blood sample.
Hi, thanks.
I was aware of that and agree. The point I was attempting to make was that she would only be tested for blood as that was what they requested.
That was also why I added that I only had urine done and not blood, weight etc.
I tried to edit my comment to make this clearer but the button only gave me the option to report and not edit - perhaps because a few minutes had passed.
Cheers.

Thanks for the replies.

The doctor took my weight, height, blood pressure and asked a few questions from a form.

He then asked me to lie on a bed, listened to my breathing, then pressed my stomach in 3 places.

Finally, he took some blood.

The whole thing took 15 mins.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off