Girlfriend caught drink driving(blew 67)- what sentence is she looking at?

Convicted Driver Insurance
Thanks guys for your responses. Her court date is Tuesday so I will update on the forum with what happens.

In regards to the documents she has got a brief statement from the passenger and also a reference from her manager at work which we have both forwarded on to the solicitor. She is also going to do a letter of apology tomorrow ready for the day.

My only other issue is that at the moment the solicitor doesn’t really too much about the whole thing that happened.. my partner had a brief phone call with her a week ago but that is about it. Does my girlfriend not need to produce her own in depth statement of what happened? Otherwise how does the solicitor know what to say? And there’s also the mitigating factors such as clean licence etc, do we need to list these?

And will the court already know what happened (I.e the road she was driving on, the fact she was only driving for a minute, etc etc) or is it our job to present them points to them?

The prosecution will outline the facts as the police saw them, so the magistrates will be told that she wa seen driving and pulled over, then failed a breath test. They will not mention that she ‘was only driving for a minute’, because they do not know that and is not relevant from their point of view.
Your girlfriend should write an account of what happened for her solicitor, but a brief interview - sometimes by phone, then meeting up at court is all you usually get for a guilty plea.
She should list any mitigation and hand this and the account to the solicitor on the day at court.
It is a one off occurrence for your girlfriend, but Solicitors are used to doing these cases ‘on the hoof’.

Hello all, so her court date was yesterday and I wanted to update you all after your help.

She has been charged with 17 months but also offered the course which knocks it down to 13 so is disqualified until next November. Fine wasn’t half as bad as we thought (£360 including £85 court fee and also victim surcharge).. all in all I think realistically as good as we could hope for. The judge mentioned that they had to give her 17-22 months due to what she blew so for her to get the lowest end of that along with the course is good news.

In terms of solicitor as I know there are differing options on whether one is actually needed, personally we feel having one really helped the process and my partner felt a lot better on the day having one. My partner had a talk with the solicitor prior and then her solicitor went in first to hand them the character reference and also apology letter.. then when my girlfriend was in she only had to talk to confirm her name, age, address, and guilty pleas.. other than that the solicitor spoke on her behalf. They mentioned the insurance charge in court but strangely she doesn’t really seem to have been punished much with it as nothing extra added to the fine and they didn’t mention any points either.

A learning curve and it’s hit my girlfriend today not been able to drive but think in the circumstances its as good as could hope for on the day and it’s certainly a relief to get the court over with.

Many thanks for your help guys especially with the course as we didn’t even know that was a thing, all the replies I’ve had throughout the past month are very appreciated.

Hello all, so her court date was yesterday and I wanted to update you all after your help.

She has been charged with 17 months but also offered the course which knocks it down to 13 so is disqualified until next November. Fine wasn’t half as bad as we thought (£360 including £85 court fee and also victim surcharge).. all in all I think realistically as good as we could hope for. The judge mentioned that they had to give her 17-22 months due to what she blew so for her to get the lowest end of that along with the course is good news.

In terms of solicitor as I know there are differing options on whether one is actually needed, personally we feel having one really helped the process and my partner felt a lot better on the day having one. My partner had a talk with the solicitor prior and then her solicitor went in first to hand them the character reference and also apology letter.. then when my girlfriend was in she only had to talk to confirm her name, age, address, and guilty pleas.. other than that the solicitor spoke on her behalf. They mentioned the insurance charge in court but strangely she doesn’t really seem to have been punished much with it as nothing extra added to the fine and they didn’t mention any points either.

A learning curve and it’s hit my girlfriend today not been able to drive but think in the circumstances its as good as could hope for on the day and it’s certainly a relief to get the court over with.

Many thanks for your help guys especially with the course as we didn’t even know that was a thing, all the replies I’ve had throughout the past month are very appreciated.
That was a decent result.
What will happen with the insurance is that the conviction will appear on her licence as a conviction, as well as the drink driving, but because she was disqualified she was awarded no points, it is ‘incorporated’ in to the ban.

In other words, if you appear for several offences and in one of them you are banned, you get no points for the other offences.

Reactions: TPR
That was a decent result.
What will happen with the insurance is that the conviction will appear on her licence as a conviction, as well as the drink driving, but because she was disqualified she was awarded no points, it is ‘incorporated’ in to the ban.

In other words, if you appear for several offences and in one of them you are banned, you get no points for the other offences.

Good result. Make sure next November when your girlfriend is getting insurance to declare the IN10 (insurance) as well as the DR10 or her insurance will be invalid.

When declaring the IN10 you give the same date of conviction as the DR10 but under points select 0 and under fine select 0 as this conviction was incorporated into your girlfriend's 17 month ban. It'll not be long going in, the wait for court and the court date is the worst part.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off