DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hello all, just wanted to update you on my timescale it says online that I can drive from today:

June 17 - Sent Application
July 22nd - Medical Letter Arrived
August 17th - Had Medical
September 14th - DVLA confirmed they'd received blood results and medical questionaire
October 5th - Full License re-issued

Sooooo happy its finally over and thanks for all your advise :)
Congrats 🎉 👏🏼 good to know they never bothered with the GP.

My time scale is

Application recieved: 29th june

Medical letter 09th august

Medical assessment 3rd of september

Dvla confirmed last week they have everything they need just awaiting medical team to make a decision

All i did was give a bloodtest no history of drugs use or alcohol abuse and never talked to my doctor about anything like that

So just waiting patiently!!

Oh my God. I just did my daily futile online license check.
10 years full. Granted today.
Medical was August 9th. I was told the results had been scanned onto the system around 4 weeks ago, on the one time I got through on the phone. Heard nothing since. I assume they didn’t write to my doc.
I‘m lost for words just now.

Oh my God. I just did my daily futile online license check.
10 years full. Granted today.
Medical was August 9th. I was told the results had been scanned onto the system around 4 weeks ago, on the one time I got through on the phone. Heard nothing since. I assume they didn’t write to my doc.
I‘m lost for words just now.
Congrats 🎉 👏🏼 🎉

Hello all, just wanted to update you on my timescale it says online that I can drive from today:

September 14th - DVLA confirmed they'd received blood results and medical questionaire

Great news !

Really pleased for you.
it’s such a relief isn’t it 👍

I sent mine exactly a month after you.

You medical letter arrived a week quicker than mine did, but your medical took a week and half longer than mine did to organise, but that could be down to the availability of the Doctor. (Mine was an ex Gynaecologist :) )

It then took the DVLA 4 weeks to confirm receipt of medical info and blood results then 3 weeks to issue your licence. (I assume no GP contact required.)

In my case this would take me until the 18th November, but as I mentioned that I'd had a 1 week course of diazepam 27 months ago, they will probably write to my GP.

Anyway, well done.

Also, can you tell us when your ban was due to expire? Mine is the12th October so I will be serving a longer ban than I need to.

I sent mine exactly a month after you.

You medical letter arrived a week quicker than mine did, but your medical took a week and half longer than mine did to organise, but that could be down to the availability of the Doctor. (Mine was an ex Gynaecologist :) )

It then took the DVLA 4 weeks to confirm receipt of medical info and blood results then 3 weeks to issue your licence. (I assume no GP contact required.)

In my case this would take me until the 18th November, but as I mentioned that I'd had a 1 week course of diazepam 27 months ago, they will probably write to my GP.

Anyway, well done.

Also, can you tell us when your ban was due to expire? Mine is the12th October so I will be serving a longer ban than I need to.
Hi,

No they didn't write to my GP. I had nothing to declare on my medical questionaire, although I know this doesnt necessarily mean they won't write to your GP, so perhaps I got lucky.

My ban expired on the 15th September, so luckily things turned out quite well and will only be off the road a few weeks longer than I should have been.

Hope you get everything sorted out soon :)

Well done, and like you thought I’d outline my timescale which was a lot longer.
21 Jan sent D1 form
11 Feb cheque cashed
15 March Letter request for medical
19 April Medical
21 May Letter saying DVLA writing to my GP
3 June GP received questionnaire
9 August Told GP had sent back questionnaire to DVLA
6 October Full license confirmed on website
As you can see that the main delay was with my GP and their inept attitude to my application, coupled with pointless calls to both my GP and DVLA, whom both gave no information as to my application at any time.
I would not wish to go through this process ever again (now teetotal), and for people beginning this process I would suggest they look at between 6/10 months for an outcome.

Hey, just want to ask whether I need to wait for my license to arrive or if I can start driving now it says online?

Hey, just want to ask whether I need to wait for my license to arrive or if I can start driving now it says online?
As far as I know, provided the website gives you a date from which it is valid from, you can drive prior to getting your physical licence back.

20 March sent D1 form
10 June Medical letter
25 August Medical
05 Oct Checked online and my licence has been Restored for 7 years

I am a HRO and They didnt contact my Doc, i answered no to all questions at medical and Was honest about having the odd drink.
Honestly the DVLA is so ****ed at the moment, Im so glad ive not had to go through hoops like so many of you have. I also declared I was in an accident when I got popped for Drink driving.

my CDT would deffo have been above 1.0% as my private test was 1.5% which I took 4 weeks before the medical.

Deffo not losing this licence again.

20 March sent D1 form
10 June Medical letter
25 August Medical
05 Oct Checked online and my licence has been Restored for 7 years

I am a HRO and They didnt contact my Doc, i answered no to all questions at medical and Was honest about having the odd drink.
Honestly the DVLA is so ****ed at the moment, Im so glad ive not had to go through hoops like so many of you have. I also declared I was in an accident when I got popped for Drink driving.

my CDT would deffo have been above 1.0% as my private test was 1.5% which I took 4 weeks before the medical.

Deffo not losing this licence again.
Wow. Surprising that they did not contact your GP especially with an accident (did you tell them that?) and a CDT over 1.0%.

Yep I fully disclosed everything and im fairly confident my cdt was over 1.0%
Last time my CDT was 0.7% and I did not have an accident, yet the DVLA still wrote to my GP.

This time my CDT will be around 0.20% (I had a private test done in July,) and again no accidents.

The only thing I admitted to was a 1 week course of diazepam over 2 years ago.

Last time my CDT was 0.7% and I did not have an accident, yet the DVLA still wrote to my GP.

This time my CDT will be around 0.20% (I had a private test done in July,) and again no accidents.

The only thing I admitted to was a 1 week course of diazepam over 2 years ago.
Reckon those diazepams done it

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off