todays the day i can apply for a reduction on my driving bann 36month bann 24months today

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi all, firstly I'm going to forgoe the usual begging forgiveness. I have already been judged and punished by those in and outside of court. I got what I deserved, my life was ripped apart. And I do mean ripped. I make no excuses, and took my medicine.

I have a question. I have been made aware at the 2 year pointy of the discretionary 3 disqualification, I can maybe apply for a reduction or immediate removal?.

I'm an HGV driver (was). Class 1. The offences were committed driving my own vehicle.
Since my second disqualification 2 years ago, I quit alcohol immediaimmediately. I have taken another drink driving awareness course, as it was not offered in court.
I have studied at college an HEFC course in substance and alcohol misuse and its affects on your own circumstances and the wider community both personally and professionally. This last year I have been working for a local charity delivering food parcels through the pandemic to elderly, infirm and disadvantaged families etc. This has been done on foot or public transport, for obvious reasons.
I have also had counselling during this period of time.
So, I have a letter from my charity, giving me a character reference, and staing it would be of massive Benefit to them and the wider community if I were allowed to have my licence back. I have my two course certificates, a letter from my gp confirming my abstinence from alcohol and offers of employment and other character references.
I went from 700 a week to 320 a month in benefits, so hardship has been horrendous, but I get it....its supposed to hurt, so not really sure if I should mention hardship.
Could anyone tell me what the Sheriff will be looking for, I'm an honest character and do not endear myself falsely to anyone, so just wondering what to say or do really.
Thank you all on advance.
Kind regards
Mike

Hi all, firstly I'm going to forgoe the usual begging forgiveness. I have already been judged and punished by those in and outside of court. I got what I deserved, my life was ripped apart. And I do mean ripped. I make no excuses, and took my medicine.

I have a question. I have been made aware at the 2 year pointy of the discretionary 3 disqualification, I can maybe apply for a reduction or immediate removal?.

I'm an HGV driver (was). Class 1. The offences were committed driving my own vehicle.
Since my second disqualification 2 years ago, I quit alcohol immediaimmediately. I have taken another drink driving awareness course, as it was not offered in court.
I have studied at college an HEFC course in substance and alcohol misuse and its affects on your own circumstances and the wider community both personally and professionally. This last year I have been working for a local charity delivering food parcels through the pandemic to elderly, infirm and disadvantaged families etc. This has been done on foot or public transport, for obvious reasons.
So, I have a letter from my charity, giving me a character reference, and staing it would be of massive Benefit to them and the wider community if I were allowed to have my licence back. I have my two course certificates, a letter from my gp confirming my abstinence from alcohol and offers of employment and other character references.
I went from 700 a week to 320 a month in benefits, so hardship has been horrendous, but I get it....its supposed to hurt, so not really sure if I should mention hardship.
Could anyone tell me what the Sheriff will be looking for, I'm an honest character and do not endear myself falsely to anyone, so just wondering what to say or do really.
Kind regards
Mike
hi stephen hope all is well
all I can say is have a read through here on what other peoples experiences are theres some good info and good people willing to input
I've taken all I need owt of here to put it in writing in my email to courts on the date I was eligible
was you banned for 3 years bud?

just had court ring me
theve gave me a court date for the 14th October louise so 13days from now hopefully all goes well on the day .
women just told me I'm in court room 3 at 3p

just had court ring me
theve gave me a court date for the 14th October louise so 13days from now hopefully all goes well on the day .
women just told me I'm in court room 3 at 3pm
Fingers crossed

hi stephen hope all is well
all I can say is have a read through here on what other peoples experiences are theres some good info and good people willing to input
I've taken all I need owt of here to put it in writing in my email to courts on the date I was eligible
was you banned for 3 years bud?
I was pal yes. Thanks for the advice

Kind regards
Mike
Happy to have a look at your letter. You could post it on here or DM - whichever you prefer.

I
Happy to have a look at your letter. You could post it on here or DM - whichever you prefer.
I've not written a letter yet as such, as my application date isn't until December the 9th this year.
Not really got an idea what I'm going to put in it as yet, but just to tell the truth. I'm just not sure pleading extreme hardship is the way to go, I've heard there not to receptive to that. I'd be interested to see yours though as its been accepted. Dm me if your OK with that.

just had court ring me
women just told me I'm in court room 3 at 3pm
Hey ShaneyJack,

Sorry for the long reply, I couldn't find the thread but here's what I copied from somewhere on this site:

• Employment Opportunities:- A new job or promotion that would be dependant upon the ability to drive. - As you know Price is the expert on here. I believe I have read him say that the focus should not soley be on employment for you but how you being employed WILL open up employment for others i.e if you are an electrician who regularly gets offered work that you couldn't possibly do on your own without employing OTHERS
  • Health Issues:- A health issue either with the disqualified driver or a member of their family that would benefit from their ability to drive. - Regardless is or not you have any health issues yourself, not having your licence is detrimental to OTHERS i.e (touch wood) you have a sick family member that depends on you ro take them shopping or to appointments.
  • Family Issues:- Family breakdown and contact with children dependant upon the ability to drive. - i haven't looked into this so much in my case as my child has severe sensory issues with clothes and will not wear appropriate clothing in the winter to walk to school and back and is often off sick because of it so thats my main reason. But I imagine that if there is anyone in the family unwell who you are unable to assist due to not having your licence.
The main emphasis on this has to be obviously that your sorry and what has changed between then and now as to why this won't happen again and how not having your licence is detrimental to others, not yourself.

Like you, I spend a lot of time volunteering which does seem to go down well. Maybe mention hardship in court rather than in your letter? Worked for me. The fact you've been banned twice is not good but do stress all the steps you've taken to address this (as you did above). It really does seem to depend on who hears your case. The fact that I could not get a job in my profession without a horrendously long public transport commute and that a driving licence is pretty much a requirement was agreed as one of the reasons to remove my ban. Hope that helps and best of luck.

Like you, I spend a lot of time volunteering which does seem to go down well. Maybe mention hardship in court rather than in your letter? Worked for me. The fact you've been banned twice is not good but do stress all the steps you've taken to address this (as you did above). It really does seem to depend on who hears your case. The fact that I could not get a job in my profession without a horrendously long public transport commute was agreed as one of the reasons to remove my ban. Hope that helps and best of luck.
Well I'm an hgv driver so no licence no job.
Its in the lap of the gods

quick update court adjourned 15nov turned up to court for them to tell me theve listed me in wrong court propa fuk about back in on 15th jeezźz

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off