DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
With respect RSC, who else do I have to obsess about? The DVLA are in charge of the process.

What I'm trying to point out is that in general, it makes little difference if you call, berate or belittle them, they work to their own timescale(s.)

The information I have provided mirrors others on the forum, so will hopefully let those embarking on the process know where they stand.
Quite and I do understand. However scheduling timescales will likely be a mind ++++ The government department - well who knows...... All the best.

Quite and I do understand. However scheduling timescales will likely be a mind ++++ The government department - well who knows...... All the best.
The DVLA were recruiting for a Head of Media. I Laughed (hollowly)

You appear to be obsessing about the DVLA. There is no logic.
I also would add that for people who are HRO and/or have failed a previous application the timeframe from the DVLA accepting your GPs completed questionnaire is at least a minimum of 2 months wait, and even then no guarantee of a license.

With respect RSC, who else do I have to obsess about? The DVLA are in charge of the process.

What I'm trying to point out is that in general, it makes little difference if you call, berate or belittle them, they work to their own timescale(s.)

The information I have provided mirrors others on the forum, so will hopefully let those embarking on the process know where they stand.
Yes , it’s helpful . My last concern was eventually issued 13 weeks from the medical ( after DVLA had, variously, not received documents and contacted my GP etc ).

I also would add that for people who are HRO and/or have failed a previous application the timeframe from the DVLA accepting your GPs completed questionnaire is at least a minimum of 2 months wait, and even then no guarantee of a license.
I haven't failed one before, although this is my second ban in 2 years (April 2017 and July 2019.)

I said yes to treatment (1 week course of diazepam,) so the chances are they will contact my GP as they did last time. However my CDT levels are 0.20% (Medichecks,) and last time they were 0.7%, so I am hoping if I can maintain that low a reading for the formal blood test, they MIGHT take it as evidence of my 27 month abstention from alcohol.

It’s now 5 weeks since my DVLA medical.
3 weeks ago the DVLA confirmed on the phone that the results and notes were on the system, and needed to be reviewed by the medical team, but there was no ETA on when that would happen, and that chasing would not help.
Ive been checking my license status daily as an exercise in futility, but it still shows ”you can now apply for your driving license”

It’s now 5 weeks since my DVLA medical.
3 weeks ago the DVLA confirmed on the phone that the results and notes were on the system, and needed to be reviewed by the medical team, but there was no ETA on when that would happen, and that chasing would not help.
Ive been checking my license status daily as an exercise in futility, but it still shows ”you can now apply for your driving license”
Same boat, 5 weeks yesterday
DVLA have everything they need, and said they will write to me when things have been reviewed. Longest waiting game of my life 🤣

Same boat, 5 weeks yesterday
DVLA have everything they need, and said they will write to me when things have been reviewed. Longest waiting game of my life 🤣
I telephoned the DVLA 8 and a bit weeks after my medical and they said then they had just decided to write to my GP and would send a copy of the letter to me. That took another week to come.

I telephoned the DVLA 8 and a bit weeks after my medical and they said then they had just decided to write to my GP and would send a copy of the letter to me. That took another week to come.
So what stage are you at now? I don't mind if they decide to write to my GP, it's the not knowing! They really should introduce a text system to keep people updated

So what stage are you at now? I don't mind if they decide to write to my GP, it's the not knowing! They really should introduce a text system to keep people updated
I’m going to ring the DVLA tomorrow which is my day off to see. I haven’t liked to bother my GP as she only works two days a week and Im mindful I’m not an emergency.

I would recommend you call and check as your initial application may have expired after 12 months. I applied in April 2020 and when I called in mid June to complain that they are still awaiting on May 21 results, the manager said labs have got a backlog but also my application expired in April because it had been 12 months and I would need to complete a D1 form to reactivate the application and wait 8 weeks…
I got my licence back in mid July, so it took more than 12 months but I didn't have to reapply once the first application was in.

I got my licence back in mid July, so it took more than 12 months but I didn't have to reapply once the first application was in.
it took more that 12 months after your ban finished ? why did you fail the medical the first time, is that what's causing such long delays for people

Perhaps they are improving . It was 5 weeks from receipt of questionnaire from my GP to licence issue.

Well, well, well The post just delivered a letter from the DVLA saying I have my licence back. (No explanation for the seven month delay or if my MPs intervention had any effect and no reference to my numerous complaints ) Medical was only two weeks ago so think all my "fuss" must have had some results.

Anyway, this site has been so helpful to me so will certainly be sticking around.

Well, well, well The post just delivered a letter from the DVLA saying I have my licence back. (No explanation for the seven month delay or if my MPs intervention had any effect and no reference to my numerous complaints ) Medical was only two weeks ago so think all my "fuss" must have had some results.

Anyway, this site has been so helpful to me so will certainly be sticking around.
Awesome news and congrats and well done. Las to heard from dvla was they sent me a letter dated 8th September to book my medical but until now no letter. Hopefully it land on my doorstep today 😁 one thing this whole process taught me is how to be patient lol

Reactions: RSC
Clearly for HRO's, the 90 day period before your ban expires in which you can make an application for a new licence is not nearly long enough. I think even under ideal circumstances, it would be difficult to get your licence renewed with that timeframe.

Perhaps there is a case for lobbying to have this period extended.

Clearly for HRO's, the 90 day period before your ban expires in which you can make an application for a new licence is not nearly long enough. I think even under ideal circumstances, it would be difficult to get your licence renewed with that timeframe.

Perhaps there is a case for lobbying to have this period extended.
Just received my letter to book my DVLA appointment. Booked my appointment 5h October 2021 yay. Also called DVLA automated line to register that date

Just received my letter to book my DVLA appointment. Booked my appointment 5h October 2021 yay. Also called DVLA automated line to register that date
I received my letter on the 14th September, 61 days after my application was made. Their letter to the Doctor arrived on the 16th September, 2 days later (?) and the first appointment I can get is the 30th September 2021, 77 days after my application.

That gives the DVLA 13 days to process, assess, and issue my licence to meet the 90 day target. Given that I know they will write to my GP, this will obviously not happen.

I have already resigned myself to not having a licence until around early December. That's the same time as my birthday so it will be a nice present.

Than I need to begin looking for cars and insurance.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off