DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Congratulations.
There is nothing to fear from the “extended” driving test. It is no more demanding than an ordinary test…. In fact it is the same, just longer!

Congratulations.
There is nothing to fear from the “extended” driving test. It is no more demanding than an ordinary test…. In fact it is the same, just longer!
Thanks price your help has been superb. Just booked my bike theory test for 3 weeks time. Car theory tests are 8 weeks at the earliest :cry:

Thanks price your help has been superb. Just booked my bike theory test for 3 weeks time. Car theory tests are 8 weeks at the earliest :cry:
I don’t want to raise your hopes too much, but the situation for young drivers who get 6 points in the first 2 years….. thereby having to resit their test, is that that only actually have to pass A test, so if they pass their motor cycle theory and practical test, they get their full licence complete with ALL categories they previously had, so cars as well.

I honestly cannot say if this applies to your status as having to sit an extended test after a dangerous driving conviction and extended test so you may have to enquire about this, but if you cannot get an answer, you will find out when you
pass your motor cycle test and then look at your licence and see if in fact it shows you as qualified for cars as well……

Read last night that NHS Wales are having to ration non-essential blood tests due to supply chain issues (notably a shortage of test tubes from the US).

NHS England has already temporarily stopped some screening for infertility, pre-diabetes and allergies due to the same.

Not sure what this means for medical timelines but it’s hardly good news. Something is going to have to give…

I'm really starting to lose it now. I'm going on 10 months since my van was up.
I've done the medical.
The dvla sent me a letter saying the dvla are notifying my doctor.
A month later I chase it up with both surgery and dvla.
After a week of trying I got through to the dvla. Said they sent a letter. I asked them to resend another letter.
7 days later my surgery tells me still no letter.
Now the dvla are impossible to get through to. (anyone have any tricks?)
Seemingly 2 letters from the dvla have disappeared. I now trying to the do the work of the dvla and my doctors surgery and its impossible. Someone is lying or just incompetant.
I feel like I am stuck in a an impossible circle.
Is there anyone I can complain to?
At this point I feel like I need legal advice or something as this could go on forever and get nowhere.
How many letters can dissappear? All of them I can imagine.
I'm really pissed off now

No idea how you lot manage to get through on the phone I must of tried 150 plus times at the moment and get no where I didnt apply till the 12th but as another user above rang and said they were waiting allocation of a medical Dr I thought id try see if they had mine logged in the system.
I'm really starting to lose it now. I'm going on 10 months since my van was up.
I've done the medical.
The dvla sent me a letter saying the dvla are notifying my doctor.
A month later I chase it up with both surgery and dvla.
After a week of trying I got through to the dvla. Said they sent a letter. I asked them to resend another letter.
7 days later my surgery tells me still no letter.
Now the dvla are impossible to get through to. (anyone have any tricks?)
Seemingly 2 letters from the dvla have disappeared. I now trying to the do the work of the dvla and my doctors surgery and its impossible. Someone is lying or just incompetant.
I feel like I am stuck in a an impossible circle.
Is there anyone I can complain to?
At this point I feel like I need legal advice or something as this could go on forever and get nowhere.
How many letters can dissappear? All of them I can imagine.
I'm really pissed off now
This is dreadful. When was your medical ? What exactly did DVLA letter say to you? That they wanted more information ? I suggest :
1)Ask your Dr surgery for their email address , to which DVLA can send letter/ questionnaire ( this may be different to their general email address)
2) Persevere with getting through to DVLA and give them the Dr email address . Ask DVLA for email GP can email forms to.
3) Progress chase again at GP

I suggest as above as when there was a delay in DVLA letter being received at my GP , they told me if it didn’t arrive to ring them and give them GP email. The DVLA also have an email that received emails from GPs.

Its beyond me why they can’t just do it by email in the first place .
Hope this is at least something to try.

This is dreadful. When was your medical ? What exactly did DVLA letter say to you? That they wanted more information ? I suggest :
1)Ask your Dr surgery for their email address , to which DVLA can send letter/ questionnaire ( this may be different to their general email address)
2) Persevere with getting through to DVLA and give them the Dr email address . Ask DVLA for email GP can email forms to.

I suggest as above as when there was a delay in DVLA letter being received at my GP , they told me if it didn’t arrive to ring them and give them GP email. The DVLA also have an email that received emails from GPs.

I feel you - caught in seemingly never ending DVLA bureaucracy. In addition to above, you could also log a formal stage 1 complaint. Also the CAB (Citizens Advice Bureau) are very helpful. Not surprisingly, they seems to be receiving many calls about the DVLA.

I feel you - caught in seemingly never ending DVLA bureaucracy. In addition to above, you could also log a formal stage 1 complaint. Also the CAB (Citizens Advice Bureau) are very helpful. Not surprisingly, they seems to be receiving many calls about the DVLA.
Hi
Thanks for your reply . I am not sure if i can even make a complaint cos to do that you need your driving licence number which i don't have and they wont give you it over the phone im at a total loss . I could write to my local MP not even sure that would make much difference its so frustrating and nothing seemingly i can do about it .

My medical is early May.
This is unacceptable actually. I hope there is a serious enquiry into this at some point and how about some compensation or at least an apology.
We've done our time we have paid our fines. What right does this useless be autocracy have to punish me beyond the court systems. I wish I was a high powered barrister. I'm just a little guy whose business is now suffering and my livelihood and my families put into serious doubt due to the actions of others. I've already been punished.
I know there are a lot of us in the same situation, we all feel guilty I imagine but this is getting too much now.
I'm posting so others might know to prepare for the long haul.
I think I got lucky when I got thru to dvla 10 days ago.
My actual question, which they couldn't answer, was "in your letter you threaten to revoke my licence if I don't do as you ask in 14 days, after 10 months of you not full filling obligations that's a bit rich, I'm going away to work because I have to, I was supposed have my licence back 10 mo this ago. What are you going to do to me if I miss one of your next deadlines? "
Didn't get an answer except hope you don't

Well, not to rub it in and hope you get some good news soon but was on the phone from 8am until 9am constantly redialling, no joy in getting through so I gave up. Was about to go out lunchtime so thought I'd have my nigh on daily look at the DVLA gov site and wow, I have a full licence as from today! Great timing as my pal was about to give a job he has been holding on for me to somebody else so I'm lucky chap. So, HRO ban was the end of Dec '19, ban ended June 21st this year, medical was June 29th, licence (though not in hand yet) back today, 23rd August. Two months over but hey ho, it's back so that is the most important thing. Along with learning a harsh lesson that has been very costly in monetary and relationship terms I know that much...
How on earth did yours happen so fast?
Consider yourself very lucky

I
My medical is early May.
This is unacceptable actually. I hope there is a serious enquiry into this at some point and how about some compensation or at least an apology.
We've done our time we have paid our fines. What right does this useless be autocracy have to punish me beyond the court systems. I wish I was a high powered barrister. I'm just a little guy whose business is now suffering and my livelihood and my families put into serious doubt due to the actions of others. I've already been punished.
I know there are a lot of us in the same situation, we all feel guilty I imagine but this is getting too much now.
I'm posting so others might know to prepare for the long haul.
I think I got lucky when I got thru to dvla 10 days ago.
My actual question, which they couldn't answer, was "in your letter you threaten to revoke my licence if I don't do as you ask in 14 days, after 10 months of you not full filling obligations that's a bit rich, I'm going away to work because I have to, I was supposed have my licence back 10 mo this ago. What are you going to do to me if I miss one of your next deadlines? "
Didn't get an answer except hope you don't
I'm in the same boat. My new contract expects me to have a licence by October. Had my medical and my ban was up 16 July. Still waiting for outcome and hope that they don't say they need to contact my GP. As you say weve done the time for the crime but still we are being made to wait.

Hi
Thanks for your reply . I am not sure if i can even make a complaint cos to do that you need your driving licence number which i don't have and they wont give you it over the phone im at a total loss . I could write to my local MP not even sure that would make much difference its so frustrating and nothing seemingly i can do about it .
I

I'm in the same boat. My new contract expects me to have a licence by October. Had my medical and my ban was up 16 July. Still waiting for outcome and hope that they don't say they need to contact my GP. As you say weve done the time for the crime but still we are being made to wait.
When was your medical ? If it helps re timescale mine was 26/4 and licence back 30/7. This included GP enquiries and list bits of paper .

When was your medical ? If it helps re timescale mine was 26/4 and licence back 30/7. This included GP enquiries and list bits of paper .
So you've got your licence back now?
That's positive news.
Your medical was a few weeks before mine.
I've lost at least a month in the case of thedissapearing letters.
So you went the email route in the end?
If only you could ring the dvla?
Remember the good old days when all you had to do was stand in a hot waiting room for 4 or 5 hours? I miss those days.
If you don't mind me asking did you tick a box on the questionnaire... If so that seemed to go fairly quickly.
I'm worried the gp is going to let me down again and again

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off