Waiting for license from DVLA

• Thread starter Deleted member 11354
  • Start date
Convicted Driver Insurance

Deleted member 11354

My ban ends of July 31st. I blew 75 got a 16 month ban reduced to 12 with the course.
I sent off the D1 form 3 weeks ago and still haven’t received my licence.
Do I need to actually wait till I have my driving license card in my hands till I can drive or can I drive when my ban is over?
DVLA are a nightmare to get hold of at the moment and I have heard they have had a few strikes lately too.
Any advice is much appreciated!

You cannot drive until your new licence has been issued. The fact that your ban is up means you are no longer disqualified but you are not a current licence holder, so the offences would be no driving licence and no insurance.
You could have applied on the 5th June so you introduced a delay by not applying as soon as possible.
You can see the status of your licence on the link below:

You cannot drive until your new licence has been issued. The fact that your ban is up means you are no longer disqualified but you are not a current licence holder, so the offences would be no driving licence and no insurance.
You could have applied on the 5th June so you introduced a delay by not applying as soon as possible.
You can see the status of your licence on the link below:

It just says my ban is up on 31st July when I click on the link. I applied on the 15 June has been nearly 4 weeks now.

It will say that your new licence has been issued, when it has. This will mean that your licence will be back in 3-4 days.

Better to know and if it comes through earlier then that is a plus.
What’s worse case scenario? I’m going to try and ring dvla first thing in the morning. Been trying today but can’t get through to anyone

What’s worse case scenario? I’m going to try and ring dvla first thing in the morning. Been trying today but can’t get through to anyone
Your in a waiting list and not a key worker i take it so could be 2/3 months if this strike keeps up. No one knows and that is how it is.

My friend got his back in two weeks last month
Your in a waiting list and not a key worker i take it so could be 2/3 months if this strike keeps up. No one knows and that is how it is.
i am a key worker so hopefully that will help. 2/3 months is a joke!

My friend got his back in two weeks last month

i am a key worker so hopefully that will help. 2/3 months is a joke!
But did you put down key worker on your form ? Yes its a joke but that is the reality of it and a million letter backlog

But did you put down key worker on your form ? Yes its a joke but that is the reality of it and a million letter backlog
Ye I did put it down. The situation seems sore from other people’s experiences. Is what it is, will just have to patient.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off