DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Welcome to the queue. I posted my D1 April 19th and have not received a response re a medical. Think it's going to be a long wait unfortunately.
Hi guys, well I got my medical letter on the 28 May and the GP had an appointment for 29.June. Unfortunately I was booked to fly to bulgaria on the 13th June for a week and thereafter had to quarantine for 10 days so couldn't take that appointment. However I have an appointment for the 19 July so a couple of weeks time. Bit nervous and by the time I have my medical I will be abstinent for nearly 6 weeks. Hope that will be enough to reduce my cdt level?

How soon is too soon to start pestering the DVLA?
I had my medical 6 weeks ago. Still not heard anything

I certainly would be phoning them. Have you looked online to see if you ban has been lifted.?
My ban was lifted and I was told I need a hro medical I rang again this morning and they said I’m a priority but I’ve been waiting 9 months so I won’t hold my breath they can’t give me a number of anything to contact the medical or anything so I just have to wait

I’ve been waiting 9 months still no medical and the dvla can’t give me a

I check online dai

My ban was lifted and I was told I need a hro medical I rang again this morning and they said I’m a priority but I’ve been waiting 9 months so I won’t hold my breath they can’t give me a number of anything to contact the medical or anything so I just have to wait
That doesn't add up?. I got my medical notification less than 2 months after applying for my licence - D1 form.

That doesn't add up?. I got my medical notification less than 2 months after applying for my licence - D1 form.
I’m in Northern Ireland where are you, they said to me that the covid has slowed it all down but that is just extreme

I’m in Northern Ireland where are you, they said to me that the covid has slowed it all down but that is just extreme
I'm in Wales. I had around a 2 month wait between sending off my D1 and receiving a letter telling me to book a medical. A further 5 weeks or so between the letter and my medical.
It is a very slow process. Although 9 months is taking the piss

I'm in Wales. I had around a 2 month wait between sending off my D1 and receiving a letter telling me to book a medical. A further 5 weeks or so between the letter and my medical.
It is a very slow process. Although 9 months is taking the piss
I know it’s an absolute joke and the fact I can’t contact them is just making me think they are not doing them at the minute because they should be taking calls ,it’s a joke all I can do is wait!!!

I know it’s an absolute joke and the fact I can’t contact them is just making me think they are not doing them at the minute because they should be taking calls ,it’s a joke all I can do is wait!!!
It's very frustrating.
My ban expired 16th March and I'm still cadging lifts to work

It's very frustrating.
My ban expired 16th March and I'm still cadging lifts to work
It’s a complete nightmare I’m doing the same it’s very stressful having no car, I paid £325 to do the medical so I thought it would have been quick

Raise a formal complaint. It gets a response although the numpties still insist I'm banned (removed in January). Aaaggghhh. Did think about taking them to court but can only be done through Magistrates court so much ££££ involved.

Raise a formal complaint. It gets a response although the numpties still insist I'm banned (removed in January). Aaaggghhh. Did think about taking them to court but can only be done through Magistrates court so much ££££ involved.
I wasn’t going to make a complaint because I didn’t think it would get me an appointment any faster , does it actually speed things up

It's absolutely infuriating. I'd love to bring this to court. It's incompetent negligence and I don't understand it at all. Getting really annoyed by it all now. I've done my part.

Does anyone have any good news at all? I mean are they even issuing licences? Or is this whole process on hold indefinitely? I really hope they just clear the back Log when they get their collective acts together.
Anyone actually received a licence back after a medical recently? Anyone?

Does anyone have any good news at all? I mean are they even issuing licences? Or is this whole process on hold indefinitely? I really hope they just clear the back Log when they get their collective acts together.
Anyone actually received a licence back after a medical recently? Anyone?
Someone said 6 weeks and 4 days following medical on a post earlier.

My ban expired end of May and I had hoped to be able to drive my son to secondary school first week of Sept but that’s not going to happen if my medical is on Monday and going by posts on here 😞

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off