DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Which is the best email address to chase d1 form that was sent off nearly 2 months ago and no correspondence
There isn’t one at the moment. Emails to the direct address for the medical department just get bounced back

There isn’t one at the moment. Emails to the direct address for the medical department just get bounced back
Thanks for the quick response. How is the best way to contact them. I did see this email address, I take it it doesn’t work eftd@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

My ban ended in July of 2020 so I put my application in at the end of April. My case is complicated by the fact I have sleep apnoea as well as being a HRO. Needless to say things haven't exactly been a cakewalk - the first medical took place about 6 weeks ago, but due to some sort of anomaly/error/f*ck up, the blood sample hemolyzed and couldn't be tested. Had my second medical a few days ago and hopefully this one goes better. I haven't had a drink in 2.5 years because I'm an alcoholic, I attend regular AA meetings and thankfully I've got no problems with my liver function after many, many years of destructive levels of drinking. The CDT test isn't a concern, but my 'coming clean' with the doctor about 3 years ago may now come back to bite me on the arse. I had a blood test at the doctors surgery in April 2020 and all was fine, however, I'm not sure if this (along with the medical I just had) will be enough 'evidence' that I'm abstinent from alcohol. Does anyone have any experience of what 'evidence' of abstinence is? Does two blood tests about a year apart seem like enough? It's been 14 months since my application went in, and nearly 4 years since I was banned, so it's all getting a bit tedious, but I have no-one else to blame but myself.

Thanks for the quick response. How is the best way to contact them. I did see this email address, I take it it doesn’t work eftd@dvla.gsi.gov.uk
No, it doesn’t work, it just bounces back as being for G use only

I have applied for my licence back ( 22/2/21 ) and jumped through all the hoops the DVA asked me to. Managed to get a letter stating that I would soon be getting a HRO medical appointment but that was the last I heard from them. Did some emailing and eventually was given the name of the doctor who'd be carrying out the exam. This process seem to drag on and on with little or none information from the DVA. Is there any evidence that raising a complaint gets anywhere or will that just upset the powers that be..please advise.

Hav
I have applied for my licence back ( 22/2/21 ) and jumped through all the hoops the DVA asked me to. Managed to get a letter stating that I would soon be getting a HRO medical appointment but that was the last I heard from them. Did some emailing and eventually was given the name of the doctor who'd be carrying out the exam. This process seem to drag on and on with little or none information from the DVA. Is there any evidence that raising a complaint gets anywhere or will that just upset the powers that be..please advise.
My ban ended in July of 2020 so I put my application in at the end of April. My case is complicated by the fact I have sleep apnoea as well as being a HRO. Needless to say things haven't exactly been a cakewalk - the first medical took place about 6 weeks ago, but due to some sort of anomaly/error/f*ck up, the blood sample hemolyzed and couldn't be tested. Had my second medical a few days ago and hopefully this one goes better. I haven't had a drink in 2.5 years because I'm an alcoholic, I attend regular AA meetings and thankfully I've got no problems with my liver function after many, many years of destructive levels of drinking. The CDT test isn't a concern, but my 'coming clean' with the doctor about 3 years ago may now come back to bite me on the arse. I had a blood test at the doctors surgery in April 2020 and all was fine, however, I'm not sure if this (along with the medical I just had) will be enough 'evidence' that I'm abstinent from alcohol. Does anyone have any experience of what 'evidence' of abstinence is? Does two blood tests about a year apart seem like enough? It's been 14 months since my application went in, and nearly 4 years since I was banned, so it's all getting a bit tedious, but I have no-one else to blame but myself.
Well done for the positive changes that you have made. From what you say your GP has it recorded that you are abstinent from alcohol and all other indicators will support this . Therefore , whilst complicated I can’t see what more you can do ? Maybe let your GP know you are in the DVLA process if you haven’t already?

Which is the best email address to chase d1 form that was sent off nearly 2 months ago and no correspondence
I’m the same I’m in Northern Ireland and I sent mine off in October 20 an I’m still waiting , haven’t had a medical appointment yet and have been told that they can’t give me a timeframe either, they said it’s because the nhs doctors are busy doing the covid vaccines

I’m the same I’m in Northern Ireland and I sent mine off in October 20 an I’m still waiting , haven’t had a medical appointment yet and have been told that they can’t give me a timeframe either, they said it’s because the nhs doctors are busy doing the covid vaccines

The doctor that did my medical in NI was in the SSE when I was being vaccinated, as far as I know he isn’t even working in the surgery I seen him in anymore. Nearly a full year waiting on an appointment would have put my head away at the time, fair play for sticking it out. I would follow the DVA’s official complaint procedure and escalate to stage 3 if that doesn’t get you anywhere.

The doctor that did my medical in NI was in the SSE when I was being vaccinated, as far as I know he isn’t even working in the surgery I seen him in anymore. Nearly a full year waiting on an appointment would have put my head away at the time, fair play for sticking it out. I would follow the DVA’s official complaint procedure and escalate to stage 3 if that doesn’t get you
The doctor that did my medical in NI was in the SSE when I was being vaccinated, as far as I know he isn’t even working in the surgery I seen him in anymore. Nearly a full year waiting on an appointment would have put my head away at the time, fair play for sticking it out. I would follow the DVA’s official complaint procedure and escalate to stage 3 if that doesn’t get you anywhere.
I’m stressing out incase there is another lock down and I’m left waiting another year , I really don’t think il be given an appointment anytime soon it seems like they aren’t doing Medical’s because they can’t even give me a time frame

Hey everyone. I applied in December 2020, medical 1st march, referred to gp and had a telephone conversation on 24th May. After constantly checking my licence status online, today my status has actually changed to a full one with my renewal date the same as it was before I lost it!!!! I'm so bloody happy 😊 good luck everyone 🙏

Hey everyone. I applied in December 2020, medical 1st march, referred to gp and had a telephone conversation on 24th May. After constantly checking my licence status online, today my status has actually changed to a full one with my renewal date the same as it was before I lost it!!!! I'm so bloody happy 😊 good luck everyone
Hey everyone. I applied in December 2020, medical 1st march, referred to gp and had a telephone conversation on 24th May. After constantly checking my licence status online, today my status has actually changed to a full one with my renewal date the same as it was before I lost it!!!! I'm so bloody happy 😊 good luck everyone 🙏
Congratulations on getting your licence back. You said that you managed to have a telephone conversation with your GP. I’ve been told that my GP will not discuss my application by the GP’s receptionist.How did you get to talk to your GP and what relevant questions did you ask?

Congratulations on getting your licence back. You said that you managed to have a telephone conversation with your GP. I’ve been told that my GP will not discuss my application by the GP’s receptionist.How did you get to talk to your GP and what relevant questions did you ask?
My GP gave me my questionnaire to look at before it was sent off , and indeed agreed to add something I thought was relevant . The questionnaire that they sent Tony go mirrored , more or less the one the DVLA doctor filled in.

My GP gave me my questionnaire to look at before it was sent off , and indeed agreed to add something I thought was relevant . The questionnaire that they sent Tony go mirrored , more or less the one the DVLA doctor filled in.
Sent to GP it should have said . I’ve no idea how “ Tony “ got in there 😂

My GP called me and went through the questions on the form. It was a very informal conversation and pretty straightforward.

My GP called me and went through the questions on the form. It was a very informal conversation and pretty straightforward.

You have obviously got a very good and understanding GP, I can’t even get beyond the receptionist unless I have a ‘legitimate reason to talk to the doctor’. I’ll try and get an appointment about ‘an ailment’ and then introduce the questionnaire into the conversation! I shouldn’t have to do all this cloak and dagger stuff! Totally xxxxxx off!

You have obviously got a very good and understanding GP, I can’t even get beyond the receptionist unless I have a ‘legitimate reason to talk to the doctor’. I’ll try and get an appointment about ‘an ailment’ and then introduce the questionnaire into the conversation! I shouldn’t have to do all this cloak and dagger stuff! Totally xxxxxx off!
Try getting an appointment and tell your doctor how anxious the whole situation is becoming. When I tried to discuss the situation with the receptionist initially, they hadn't got a clue what I was on about so I just left it for them to contact me. I think it was about 3 weeks later when I got a call back.

I've found this forum really helpful during a tough process so this may be helpful in return...

- Date of disqualification: Jan 19
- Earliest reinstatement date: Jan 21 (July 20 if the driver education course hadn’t been cancelled due to Covid)
- Applied Dec 20, first medical I could get was late Feb 21 (6 week wait)

A month after the medical got a letter requesting I repeat the medical as first blood sample couldn’t be analysed (I had got hold them a couple of times after the first but got no useful info, to take a month to hear the medical review couldn’t be completed tells me they didn’t even look at the lab report/results saying there was a problem until then). Next medical I could get was late May, where DR said first sample must have been mishandled i.e. dropped/lost or something.

Chased after a week, I really don’t think calling and chasing makes any difference. I mentioned it was stopping me getting a job but still don’t think it made any/much difference.

Licence issued mid June, full 10 yr. CDT 0.9%, I hadn’t been abstinent but nothing excessive in the 2 months before each medical.

I agree with you. That is poor. Your reason is entirely legitimate.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off