Medical !

Convicted Driver Insurance

Calm

Well Known Member
I sent my application away in January fees taken in February, I have still not had any information regarding booking my medical. I have also contacted tim burton over the weekend, regarding booking my medical.

I sent my application away in January fees taken in February, I have still not had any information regarding booking my medical. I have also contacted tim burton over the weekend, regarding booking my medical.
Me to not heard a thing yet

HI do you have a email for this tim burton please the one i have does not work ???

Calm

Morning, I hope you don't mind me having my two pen'ith.

The delay in the DVLA medical proceedure has been rumbling on since the first national lockdown took place over a year ago.

There are endless threads on this site about this issue which has effected thousands of drivers waiting to get back on the road. Many members on this forum (including myself) have been affected by the delays with the medical process. I had to serve an additional five weeks off the road which was very difficult.

The DVLA staff have locked horns with their management over 'unsafe' working conditions which has seen them go on strike a few times. The Swansea HQ is apparently the most affected workplace in the UK for Covid infections - they have had the highest levels of the virus than anywhere else. The most recent strike took place last week, with further strike action planned in the coming weeks and months.

It is an extremely difficult time for anyone serving a ban or waiting for a medical. I would still e-mail Tim Burton, but please be reassured that this is a nationwide issue you are experiencing that has impacted on many many people.

All the best.

CJ

Took mine 5 months to come

Took mine 5 months to come
mine was quick but now its the wait paid jan 2nd for licence and got a letter 2 weeks later saying book med and had to wait 6 weeks for that 17 march and this is the hard bit waiting now for licence i called the blood test place and all she said was it was sent and she has no more to do with it once it left her hands so im hopeing i will get it sometime soon this week or next and if i dont its cost me over 40k so far with lose of work taxi courts and so on never againe

I have just received a letter, I have to complete a dr1. Does this mean I don't have to attend a medical?
Thanks

I finally received a letter this week, 2 months after I sent a D1 form and the postal order. informing that I can book a medical, along with details of the nearest medical practice.
I phoned reception this morning and was told ring back in 2 weeks! Seems like I won't get my licence back any time soon

Licence application sent in December, medical 1st March and now I have to wait for a GP feedback. The target for DVLA is 90 working days, so I will be looking at the end of June, its all so wrong.

Update: I emailed Tim Burton to see if there were any updates. I received an email saying I am unable to provide updates on individual cases.
Does anyone know who I would contact next.?
Thanks

HI do you have a email for this tim burton please the one i have does not work ???
HI CAN SOMEONE HELP ME HERE PLEASE ANY ADVISE MUCH APPRECIATED. I HAVE PREVIOUSLY BEEN DONE FOR DRINK DRIVING TWICE WITHIN 10 YEARS (NOT PROUD OF IT LEART MY LESSON THE HARD WAY) IM HERE FOR ADVICE NOT LECTURES. I HAD MY CDT BLOOD TESTS WHICH IVE PASSED RECIVED A LETTER TODAY THE DVLA NOW WANT A URINE SAMPLE FOR DRUGS I SMOKE THE OCCASIONAL BIT OF WEED WHAT MY QUESTION IS... DO THE DVLA MEDICAL SEND OFF THE URINE FOR TESTS OR IS IT ON THE SPOT TEST THERE AND THEN WHICH I KNOW CAN BE PASSED USING THE DETOX DRINK ANY ADVICE MUCH APPRECIATED

First advice is to switch of capitals when you post on a forum as it is considered shouting.
To answer your question, the test with DVLA is NOT done as an instant ‘dip’, it is a sample that is sent off for analysis.
Good luck with a detox drink to pass as it is a detailed test, if they detect any anomaly they will order a retest and take their time arranging it, causing you a long delay.
Depends on how often you smoke and the strength etc as to how long you have to leave off before the urine test, but the threshold is very low, .15 apparently, which is pretty sensitive to any consumption in the past 4-5 weeks, even longer for habitual users.

Update: I emailed Tim Burton to see if there were any updates. I received an email saying I am unable to provide updates on individual cases.
Does anyone know who I would contact next.?
Thanks

Try: Medicalsupport@dvla.gov.uk That is the generic email for the medical section.

The problem with Tim Burton is that he used to be excellent at looking at cases like yours with a specific problem after the court gave you your licence back early. People on her have seen his email address and I then see that they say they have been emailing him to chase their case up only 2 weeks after their medical which is no way an unreasonable delay so I expect he has put up shop and refused to deal with any cases himself now, which is a great shame.
I suppose people think “I am only interested in getting MY licence back.” But their actions has robbed us of a valuable resource at DVLA for genuine delays or problems.
Rant over, I feel better now!

First advice is to switch of capitals when you post on a forum as it is considered shouting.
To answer your question, the test with DVLA is NOT done as an instant ‘dip’, it is a sample that is sent off for analysis.
Good luck with a detox drink to pass as it is a detailed test, if they detect any anomaly they will order a retest and take their time arranging it, causing you a long delay.
Depends on how often you smoke and the strength etc as to how long you have to leave off before the urine test, but the threshold is very low, .15 apparently, which is pretty sensitive to any consumption in the past 4-5 weeks, even longer for habitual users.
Ah OK sorry first time using this. So the ultimate detox drink is a no go ? I've used that at work but that's just a dip test which I've always passed. I've passed the cdt medical tests. But because I was on codeine for a dislocated knee they now want a urine sample. I've no idea when the test is yet either will find out by Friday. If I take that drink will it definitely come back as a fail? I'm obviously trying too stop the smoking I have one joint a night sometimes not even that much I'm flushing my system as we speak none stop with cranberry juice and water my licence means the world too me without it I'm useless. Any advice on what too do obviously stop the smoking if I can be a few sleepless nights but licence is my life as I say

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off