Hro medical (your experiences)

Convicted Driver Insurance
Chrism2800

Did you ring the general 0300 number for the DVLA medical team?

My medical was three weeks ago this coming Thursday so I'm tempted to give them a tinckle.

CJ
0300 790 3806...I think..Ring at either 8am or near to 7pm pal

0300 790 3806...I think..Ring at either 8am or near to 7pm pal

Chrism

I've e-mailed the DVLA via a Subject Access Request (SAR) for my CDT results. It normally takes a few days for them to reply. If I don't here anything by next week, I'll give them a bell on that number. Cheers though.

I rang my GP surgery this afternoon - the receptionist confirmed they have recieved no correspondence from the DVLA yet asking about my medical history.

CJ

Hello... wanted to update my progress re DL application

1) Date you applied for new licence: 12th October (D1 form - form from DVLA arrived a few days later, roughly two months before my ban ended)
2) Date when you got the letter to book medical: Late October
3) Date when you sent letter back to book medical: Rang to book medical - Late October
4) Date of Medical: 14th November
5) Date of Results and Outcome: 11th December received a letter dated 5th December updating on progress (stating that they had written to my GP). As of 16th December my GP surgery confirmed that they had received no letter from DVLA.
Emailed tim.burton@dvla.gov.uk 16th & 19th December to request an update. No response to either email so far. My ban ended on 19th December.

Can anyone suggest any other email / phone numbers so that I can speak to somebody at DVLA to find out what is happening?

Also Please state:

1) Period of abstinence prior to actual medical Date: 4 weeks exactly - 12 units one evening
2) Drinking habits prior to abstinence period: Prior to 14th October, total abstinence since mid July

Hello... wanted to update my progress re DL application

1) Date you applied for new licence: 12th October (D1 form - form from DVLA arrived a few days later, roughly two months before my ban ended)
2) Date when you got the letter to book medical: Late October
3) Date when you sent letter back to book medical: Rang to book medical - Late October
4) Date of Medical: 14th November
5) Date of Results and Outcome: 11th December received a letter dated 5th December updating on progress (stating that they had written to my GP). As of 16th December my GP surgery confirmed that they had received no letter from DVLA.
Emailed tim.burton@dvla.gov.uk 16th & 19th December to request an update. No response to either email so far. My ban ended on 19th December.

Can anyone suggest any other email / phone numbers so that I can speak to somebody at DVLA to find out what is happening?

Also Please state:

1) Period of abstinence prior to actual medical Date: 4 weeks exactly - 12 units one evening
2) Drinking habits prior to abstinence period: Prior to 14th October, total abstinence since mid July
Only thing I could suggest if you aren't getting anywhere is to send an email to your MP list all you details and in email say you give consent to GDPR so they can take it up on your behalf...... just an idea

Only thing I could suggest if you aren't getting anywhere is to send an email to your MP list all you details and in email say you give consent to GDPR so they can take it up on your behalf...... just an idea

Jimbob

Do the DVLA e-mail the GP or do they send a paper form through the post to the surgery?

I've just been reading about Kennylane's predicament. The Royal Mail is running quite behind at present because of Christmas & Covid so the letter may be clogged up in the postal system somewhere.

CJ

Jimbob

Do the DVLA e-mail the GP or do they send a paper form through the post to the surgery?

I've just been reading about Kennylane's predicament. The Royal Mail is running quite behind at present because of Christmas & Covid so the letter may be clogged up in the postal system somewhere.

CJ
I honestly don't know, seen folk on here say email and some write, mine wasn't contacted as I asked him a few weeks ago whilst he was fiddling with my balls 😱

I honestly don't know, seen folk on here say email and some write, mine wasn't contacted as I asked him a few weeks ago whilst he was fiddling with my balls 😱
0300 790 3806 I'm sure is the number,8am on the dot or just before 7pm

Thanks for replies...

I rang DVLA on 22nd Dec, they emailed the letter to my GP same day, GP surgery confirmed that they had received it on 23rd.

Can I request my CDT score while I wait for the GP to return the form and DVLA to process the application?

Thanks for replies...

I rang DVLA on 22nd Dec, they emailed the letter to my GP same day, GP surgery confirmed that they had received it on 23rd.

Can I request my CDT score while I wait for the GP to return the form and DVLA to process the application?

Kenny

To request a CDT score you need to do what's know as a 'Subject Access Request' to the DVLA via e-mail which they can take up to 28 days to reply. I sent my e-mail on the 7th December, and I'm still awaiting for a reply!!!

CJ

You do not need to submit a subject access request, as this has to go to the Data Protection Officer and they have 40 days to reply. A simple request to the DVLA medical section will get you the CDT result from you medical.

Kennylane,

There is no point requesting for a CDT score as the DVLA will provide it once they have completed their investigations and re-issued your licence if everything is fine...All you need to do is chase your GP to complete the forms ASAP and send them back by email? If you then send an email to Tim Burton once DVLA have received the completed forms you may get your licence re-issued on the day if you dont have any other alcohol-related issues recorded at the GP. DVLA will then provide your CDT score.

Kennylane,

There is no point requesting for a CDT score as the DVLA will provide it once they have completed their investigations and re-issued your licence if everything is fine...All you need to do is chase your GP to complete the forms ASAP and send them back by email? If you then send an email to Tim Burton once DVLA have received the completed forms you may get your licence re-issued on the day if you dont have any other alcohol-related issues recorded at the GP. DVLA will then provide your CDT score.

KillerT

Out of curiosity - what is the timescale of the review period?

For you info - I had my HRO medical on the 19th November, I posted the additional medical form on the 18th December (signed for at Swansea on the 22nd December) and my GP completed and returned her medical form on the 23rd December (via e-mail I believe).

Therefore the DVLA should be in receipt of everything they need about me. I understand the DVLA Medical Team are off until Monday 4th January so I am now anxiously playing a waiting game.

CJ

I have just rang the Doctors surgery again where my medical is supposed to take place for an update on the waiting list but they just said there is still a long waiting list and couldn't give me an answer as to when my medical is likely to be. I can deal with having my licence back a few weeks late but it's all the uncertainty and the fact they can't even book a date in for the medical that is upsetting me.

Hi guys, I went for my medical yesterday (am still driving under S88 as was banned in 2005) the doctor seemed happy and I had a sneaky glance and she ticked the “no need for further medical investigation” box. I last had a good blow out in the 27th December and before that it was on the 30th August. Would this indicate that the DVLA will not contact my doctor on the basis of the recommendation of the GP at the medical? I just hope the % of my CDT won’t be too affected by the session a month ago but am not too sure. Basically had a 3 day binge (25th/26th/27th Dec) in 5 months.

Hi guys, I went for my medical yesterday (am still driving under S88 as was banned in 2005) the doctor seemed happy and I had a sneaky glance and she ticked the “no need for further medical investigation” box. I last had a good blow out in the 27th December and before that it was on the 30th August. Would this indicate that the DVLA will not contact my doctor on the basis of the recommendation of the GP at the medical? I just hope the % of my CDT won’t be too affected by the session a month ago but am not too sure. Basically had a 3 day binge (25th/26th/27th Dec) in 5 months.

The doctor at the medical ticked that box for me and recommended a 10 year licence and my GP was contacted and I recieved a short term licence. If you can be bothered to look through my post history I once uploaded a scan of the medical report with his recommendation on it.

The doctor at the medical ticked that box for me and recommended a 10 year licence and my GP was contacted and I recieved a short term licence. If you can be bothered to look through my post history I once uploaded a scan of the medical report with his recommendation on it.

oh wow so it’s just luck rather than the docs opinion. I had a blood test last week with my own doctor for LFT incase they did ask as I know that should come back all clear and my doctor told me I’ve nothing to worry about from their side. Even made a point of mentioning to the DVLA doctor that I drove to the appointment under section 88 saying my own doctor and the DVLA have no concerns of me driving incase that helped. How long should I wait before chasing the results up? Says 21 days on the form but I buy that might be well out due to the backlog with all this lockdown stuff. Thanks again for your reply.

Hi,just beenreading these and am quite worried now about medical that Ia due to take on the 23rd of this month,i have had issues in the past with drink about 5 years ago,and in 2019 i had a spell of issue with illegal substances and this is logged with my doctor,I sometimes get prescribed 2ml diazepam for my anxiety to attend appointments and stuff will this effect the outcome of me getting my licence back,the incident when I lost my licence was due to drink back in 2011 when i was given a 5 year ban,just worried with being honest with the doctor is going to stop me getting my licence bk?any information would be appreciated

Ok so just popped back for an update. Bearing in mind I was tee tots for 5 mo the prior to my medical BUT had a three day bender over Christmas where I drank A LOT. Had my medical on the 27th January and 4 days ago my license came through the post with a letter a day later saying my score was 0.8 and they didn’t need to see my GP. Thank you all again for the advice over the last few months you’ve all been amazing.

Ok so just popped back for an update. Bearing in mind I was tee tots for 5 mo the prior to my medical BUT had a three day bender over Christmas where I drank A LOT. Had my medical on the 27th January and 4 days ago my license came through the post with a letter a day later saying my score was 0.8 and they didn’t need to see my GP. Thank you all again for the advice over the last few months you’ve all been amazing.
Hi was you issued with a 10 year license?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off