HRO Waiting for Licence

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jbowgled

Hi

I had my medical on 4 November. I will have have passed CDT as have abstained from alcohol for 2 years.

My disqualification period ended on 19 November.

It is now 22 November.

Any idea when my licence will be reinstated?

Manu thanks

Hi

I had my medical on 4 November. I will have have passed CDT as have abstained from alcohol for 2 years.

It is now 22 November.

They will probably write to your doctor seeing as you were an HRO. They will write and tell you this though.

Probably worth your while calling DVLA tomorrow for an update.

Manu thanks

As 18 days have passed I think you are perfectly entitled to ring and pester DVLA about a result. They may, however, say they have written to your GP which could delay things, but if that is their answer then at least you know and can get on to your GP to ask them to do a swift reply.

The form that is completed for the medical and signed has a consent to contact your GP written into it.

DVLA seldom do ‘courtesy’....... it is a bulk processing enterprise and they do what they HAVE to do!
Having said that, if you ask them they will confirm they have written to your GP.

Hi

It is now 22 November.

Manu thanks
The form that is completed for the medical and signed has a consent to contact your GP written into it.

hi
Have you had any news yet ?
Mine is the same time frame and not heard yet

Any update on this thread? I’m 3 weeks tomorrow after my medical and haven’t heard anything.

Any update on this thread? I’m 3 weeks tomorrow after my medical and haven’t heard anything.
I got my licence about 9 days ago. In the end I wrote to tim.burton@dvla.gov.uk and explained that my medical was 4 weeks ago and that I was 2 weeks over the end of my period of disqualification. The next day I got a call from his secretary to say my licence had been reissued. Full licence. Good luck!

Yes that's right but don't they, as a courtesy, inform you?

Jbowgled

From my own experience - when you attend your HRO medical, the DVLA approved doctor will go through the medical questionnaire and confirm who your GP is or the name & address of their surgery.

In my case, three weeks later they sent out two letters simultaneously - one to me & one to my GP. My letter contained two forms that I have had to complete as I disclosed mental health (depression & anxiety brought on by alcohol) and once having a alcohol withdrawal seizure. This was disclosed during my HRO medical.

I'm yet to speak to my GP but I'm going to have a telephone appointment with her tomorrow (14th). I don't really see why the DVLA would ask both me & the GP about my medical history? Surely, they can just contact the GP!!!

I suspect this is rather like an integrity exercise for both me & my GP. I might have disclosed something that the GP may not necessarily declare and vice versa.

That is why it is vital that anyone who is a HRO maintains regular contact with their GPs then at least you are both singing from the same hymn sheet. Any discrepancies can potentially cause issues and delays in getting your licence back.

CJ

Reactions: TPR
I got my licence about 9 days ago. In the end I wrote to tim.burton@dvla.gov.uk and explained that my medical was 4 weeks ago and that I was 2 weeks over the end of my period of disqualification. The next day I got a call from his secretary to say my licence had been reissued. Full licence. Good luck!

The DVLA never received my paperwork, called the clinic today who said they were resending today, my license isn't due back while 10th jan so i can really be classed as urgent just yet to chase up :-(

DVLA said to me that they have not received my paperwork either and it got sent on the 5th

Chief

I believe the Royal Mail are facing their busiest Christmas period for a long time caused by the recent lockdown and an increase volume of mail/parcels created by online shopping due to Covid restrictions.

I'd simply dig your heels in and maybe chase the DVLA up every few days. I'm lead to believe it is normally 15 working days after the HRO medical for the paperwork to be scanned and the Medical Department to confirm your CDT results. However, it might take that little bit longer in the current climate.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off