HRO medical - accident within 6 years

Convicted Driver Insurance

JonTheIdiot

Hi guys, ive got my medical tomorrow and I’ve just found the questionnaire online.

it has the following question

Within the last 6 years have you had an accident/injury, including a road traffic accident, as a result of your alcohol intake?

I’ve heard people saying that if you answer “yes” to any of the questions then it will raise a red flag

I had a RTA at the time I was banned.

is this going to cause problems for me?

thanks in advance

You'll have to declare it won't you??? Were you driving whilst banned??? If so DVLA will be aware won't they??

You'll have to declare it won't you??? Were you driving whilst banned??? If so DVLA will be aware won't they??

no I had a full license and then had a road traffic accident while over the limit.

im aware I’ll have to say yes, I’m just wondering if it will be a nightmare for me as I’ve seen many people on here say that if you answer “yes” to any question they will dig deeper etc

no I had a full license and then had a road traffic accident while over the limit.

im aware I’ll have to say yes, I’m just wondering if it will be a nightmare for me as I’ve seen many people on here say that if you answer “yes” to any question they will dig deeper etc
If that's why you lost your licence and you've done nowt wrong since and you pass your CDT well I can't see it causing hassle, a lass on my DD course reveresed out of her drive knocked down loads of wheelies bins, messed up some gardens and crashed into a wall, blew about 130 and she got a 10 year licence back

If that's why you lost your licence and you've done nowt wrong since and you pass your CDT well I can't see it causing hassle, a lass on my DD course reveresed out of her drive knocked down loads of wheelies bins, messed up some gardens and crashed into a wall, blew about 130 and she got a 10 year licence back

thats good to hear. I blew 92. I don’t drink much, it was just a one off at a funeral. Live and learn eh?

mom confident I’ll pass the CDT test, I just hope that because I was in an accident there aren’t more hoops I have to jump through

thats good to hear. I blew 92. I don’t drink much, it was just a one off at a funeral. Live and learn eh?

mom confident I’ll pass the CDT test, I just hope that because I was in an accident there aren’t more hoops I have to jump through
Mum's judgements are usually pretty good, you've got to think there's a lot of folk (some on here) who are done for DD who have caused accidents and get their licences back. I don't know percentage wise like but not everyone who DDs just gets pulled over like me, folk have hit kerbs and bust tyres, folk have smashed into others cars, bus stops, list is endless ain't it?

Mum's judgements are usually pretty good, you've got to think there's a lot of folk (some on here) who are done for DD who have caused accidents and get their licences back. I don't know percentage wise like but not everyone who DDs just gets pulled over like me, folk have hit kerbs and bust tyres, folk have smashed into others cars, bus stops, list is endless ain't it?

yes I agree, and that was meant to say “I’m confident” I’m not sure why my autocorrect changed it to “mom” haha

thanks for your help

Always be honest on your medical form, it’s a hefty fine and a conviction if you are caught out, also lying to the DVLA will do you no favours and if anything make it harder for you to have any credibility with them going forward

Jon, I’m not sure if you would still check these forums, but how did you get on with the medical? I am in the same position, my ban was as a result of a Road Traffic Accident. I will of course declare it, but did you encounter any issues as a result of that question specifically? Thanks so much,

Jon, I’m not sure if you would still check these forums, but how did you get on with the medical? I am in the same position, my ban was as a result of a Road Traffic Accident. I will of course declare it, but did you encounter any issues as a result of that question specifically? Thanks so much,

i had my medical in December and I just received a letter on the weekend asking me to go back for a urine test. Probably not related to the face I had an RTA. You should be fine

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off