CDT blood test

Convicted Driver Insurance

Neil02

Had my bloods done on the 9th November didn’t drink for 65 days. Had 2 pints on the 13th and 2 pints on the18th phoned today and they are now saying I need my bloods done again because they weren’t satisfactory Will this give me a raised cdt and spoil the time not drinking?

Had my bloods done on the 9th November didn’t drink for 65 days. Had 2 pints on the 13th and 2 pints on the18th phoned today and they are now saying I need my bloods done again because they weren’t satisfactory Will this give me a raised cdt and spoil the time not drinking?
As long as it was just 2 pints on each of those days you should be fine. CDT levels do raise due to drinking, but usually it takes a lot more than that to raise the levels significantly. As a precaution I would stay off the booze until the next test but as I say you should be fine given the 65 days abstinence previously.

I would get on to DVLA and ask for another GP as this is not your fault, but are being penalised for it.

I would get on to DVLA and ask for another GP as this is not your fault, but are being penalised for it.
I have and they are saying I have to go back to the original doctors l am going to try to get a earlier date tomorrow as they hadn’t received the paper work yet so if they see it’s just bloods I have to give an not see the doctor I might be able to get a earlier appointment

I have and they are saying I have to go back to the original doctors l am going to try to get a earlier date tomorrow as they hadn’t received the paper work yet so if they see it’s just bloods I have to give an not see the doctor I might be able to get a earlier appointment
I have now got a blood test 10 December hopefully if all goes well I might get my license before Christmas

I have now got a blood test 10 December hopefully if all goes well I might get my license before Christmas
I managed to get a cancellation and had my bloods redone today do you still think it will be okay with the two pints I had on the 13th and the 18th I had nothing before this for sixty five days just worried about it

I managed to get a cancellation and had my bloods redone today do you still think it will be okay with the two pints I had on the 13th and the 18th I had nothing before this for sixty five days just worried about it
As long as it was 2 pints of lager/bitter and not vodka or scotch I reckon you'll be fine

Agreed, you do not have to abstain before a CDT test to pass. 2 pints will be fine (unless you have been marked as alcohol dependent)

Hi there, did you pass your medical? I took mine yesterday, and I'm really worrying?

Don’t no yet they have had the letter back from the medical but they have written to my gp and are waiting for them to reply

that the point we are at , a letter was sent and an email to the medical secretary's as well as there had been a mix up in the surgery and letter returned to DVlA.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off