When will I hear back

Convicted Driver Insurance

DaniG

Hi there,

I got my medical done in Tuesday, does anyone know roughly how long I will have to wait to here back/get my license back? Will there be a back log due to Covid? If so has anyone experienced this and how long did they have to wait?

Thanks 😊

2-3 weeks if you are lucky, but it may also be that DVLA write to your GP, in which case they allow 6 weeks for him / her to reply before chasing up a reply. Then they have to assess the results. You could start to chase them after 2 weeks to see what is happening.

2-3 weeks if you are lucky, but it may also be that DVLA write to your GP, in which case they allow 6 weeks for him / her to reply before chasing up a reply. Then they have to assess the results. You could start to chase them after 2 weeks to see what is happening.
Brill thank you!! Wasn’t sure with Covid if there would be a massive delay. I will write on here when I get it as well so people will have a good idea :)

Hi there,

I got my medical done in Tuesday, does anyone know roughly how long I will have to wait to here back/get my license back? Will there be a back log due to Covid? If so has anyone experienced this and how long did they have to wait?

Thanks 😊
I had my medical on the 4th, phoned them on the 15th and they told me results were satisfactory and they issued my licence the same day. Received my license card yesterday and my cdt result which was 0.6%

It took 4 weeks for me to hear back and that was with contacting my GP. However, I believe that as DVLA are routinely now writing to GPs for HROs as soon as you arrange your medical. This is what the DVLA franchised doctor told me at my medical. Certainly, I got a letter from DVLA a few days after arranging my medical to say that they were writing to my GP.

I can only go on my experience; what the doctor told me, and the fact DVLA wrote to my doctor *before* my medical, so I can't say this will happen in every case but it does appear that DVLA is now adopting this policy, rather than only writing to your GP after a medical if you give answers to the medical questionnaire which in the past (as I understand it) would have been the trigger for further enquiries to your GP.

I know this implies that for every HRO the DVLA is now routinely writing to your GP and I don't want to alarm anyone unnecessarily, but this does seem to fit with what others, far more knowledgeable than me, see to have been suggesting in other forum posts recently.

If any of this is wrong, I am happy to be corrected.

It took 4 weeks for me to hear back and that was with contacting my GP. However, I believe that as DVLA are routinely now writing to GPs for HROs as soon as you arrange your medical. This is what the DVLA franchised doctor told me at my medical. Certainly, I got a letter from DVLA a few days after arranging my medical to say that they were writing to my GP.

I can only go on my experience; what the doctor told me, and the fact DVLA wrote to my doctor *before* my medical, so I can't say this will happen in every case but it does appear that DVLA is now adopting this policy, rather than only writing to your GP after a medical if you give answers to the medical questionnaire which in the past (as I understand it) would have been the trigger for further enquiries to your GP.

I know this implies that for every HRO the DVLA is now routinely writing to your GP and I don't want to alarm anyone unnecessarily, but this does seem to fit with what others, far more knowledgeable than me, see to have been suggesting in other forum posts recently.

If any of this is wrong, I am happy to be corrected.
My gp wasn’t contacted, I wasn’t asked for gp details at the medical. I said this to the lady on the phone and she then just said well everything else came back satisfactorily so I will issue your license today. Seems I had an easy ride compared to a lot of others though

Reactions: TPR
My gp wasn’t contacted, I wasn’t asked for gp details at the medical. I said this to the lady on the phone and she then just said well everything else came back satisfactorily so I will issue your license today. Seems I had an easy ride compared to a lot of others though

I'm surprised you weren't asked for your GP details at the medical as I thought that the doctor has to complete the DR1 questionnaire, which asks for the details. I thought that the Dr has to submit the DR1 form to DVLA after your medical.

Anyhow, good for you, I'm glad you got your licence back :)

Reactions: TPR
Hi there,

Thanks 😊

After how long did u get the letter to do a medical after you sent off your d1 form, i been waiting 2 weeks now

Hi, were you a HRO?

Gp sent form back at the beginning of the week . How long does it usually take for a decision to be made. Thanks

Gp sent form back at the beginning of the week . How long does it usually take for a decision to be made. Thanks

I think probably around 2-3 weeks at the moment. They have to look at all the paperwork from your medical, GP report and so on and then I believe that a (non medical) case officer makes a decision. If there is anything that is borderline, it can go to a medical panel which would obviously take longer but I think this only happens in a very few cases. Hope you get some good news soon.

I think probably around 2-3 weeks at the moment. They have to look at all the paperwork from your medical, GP report and so on and then I believe that a (non medical) case officer makes a decision. If there is anything that is borderline, it can go to a medical panel which would obviously take longer but I think this only happens in a very few cases. Hope you get some good news soon.
Thanks, so do I, my ban ended over 2 months ago.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off