Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
I'm due to reach my 90 day milestone shortly.

Can I ask the following question - on the registered DVLA doctor list, can you not contact the respective doctors first to find out the availability of their appointments, then contact the DVLA to send the chosen doctor the necessary paperwork?

CJ

Did you let know your GP know that they might get in touchV
?

Can I ask the following question - on the registered DVLA doctor list, can you not contact the respective doctors first to find out the availability of their appointments, then contact the DVLA to send the chosen doctor the necessary paperwork?

CJ
great point - can mr Burton at the DVLA not give you a view on this?

CJ

I wasn’t able to as I didn’t have the reference numbers etc from the dvla

Afternoon

I do apologise if I'm constantly asking questions on here.

Price1367 was kind enough to add a list of approved DVLA doctors on here a few days ago.

I wanted to know if the DVLA actually provided you with this list when you recieve your paperwork 60/90 days before the end of the ban?

What I thought happens is - you identify which doctors are ideally located (the ones who are based within reasonable travel distance).

You then make contact with Doctor A who can't give you an appointment for a few weeks. Doctor B has some available appointments in the weeks ahead. You agree an appointment with Doctor B then it is your responsibility to get the DVLA to forward their necessary forms to Doctor B in time for the appointment.

I gather the whole Covid19 issue is that the DVLA are playing awkward beggars and are not sending doctor's the forms so in theory the medical cannot go ahead.

Is anyone able to clarify this is what happens?

Regards

CJ

Afternoon

I do apologise if I'm constantly asking questions on here.

Price1367 was kind enough to add a list of approved DVLA doctors on here a few days ago.

I wanted to know if the DVLA actually provided you with this list when you recieve your paperwork 60/90 days before the end of the ban?

What I thought happens is - you identify which doctors are ideally located (the ones who are based within reasonable travel distance).

You then make contact with Doctor A who can't give you an appointment for a few weeks. Doctor B has some available appointments in the weeks ahead. You agree an appointment with Doctor B then it is your responsibility to get the DVLA to forward their necessary forms to Doctor B in time for the appointment.

I gather the whole Covid19 issue is that the DVLA are playing awkward beggars and are not sending doctor's the forms so in theory the medical cannot go ahead.

Is anyone able to clarify this is what happens?

Regards

CJ

my paperwork had one doctor on which they sent my paperwork to pm if you like

I called the dvla today and they confirmed that my letter had been sent out yesterday which I could use to book my medical. The dvla confirmed that I would have to use a specific practise (luckily not too far) away from my home. The chap I spoke to said they would like to see a medical within 6 weeks but would be understanding if it was a little over.
I think I’ll try and book It within the 6 weeks all the same.

I called the dvla today and they confirmed that my letter had been sent out yesterday which I could use to book my medical. The dvla confirmed that I would have to use a specific practise (luckily not too far) away from my home. The chap I spoke to said they would like to see a medical within 6 weeks but would be understanding if it was a little over.
I think I’ll try and book It within the 6 weeks all the same.
When is your ban up?

Lucy

I take it you don't have a choice - the DVLA allocates the doctor you have your medical with & if they can't give you an appointment for several months, it is simply tough s**t?

CJ

Lucy

I take it you don't have a choice - the DVLA allocates the doctor you have your medical with & if they can't give you an appointment for several months, it is simply tough s**t?

CJ

i think so, thankfully the doctor they choose was one that was a mile up the road. They gave me the references over the phone before they sent my paperwork and I was able to cal and make an appointment before the paperwork arrived, managed to get get an appointment the following week

Lucy

CJ
That’s the impression I got. Luck of the drawer...

Lucy

CJ
I had my letter through last week with allocated doctor, they couldn’t fit me in until 17th September which is only 3 days before my ban is up so I phoned the DVLA and stressed how I need my license back for work etc so if I could find another doctor who could fit me in sooner would they allow it, they were fine about it. Now got medical booked for next week, got to travel 2 and a half hours for it but better than waiting for another 3 weeks

I had my letter through last week with allocated doctor, they couldn’t fit me in until 17th September which is only 3 days before my ban is up so I phoned the DVLA and stressed how I need my license back for work etc so if I could find another doctor who could fit me in sooner would they allow it, they were fine about it. Now got medical booked for next week, got to travel 2 and a half hours for it but better than waiting for another 3 weeks
When I had my medical in Feb, they sent through 1 Dr. When I contacted the Dr they had no appointments in the 6 week timescale, I then called DVLA who gave me the phone numbers of 3 other Dr within an acceptable radius. I then had to call these Dr, see if they had any appointments and then call the DVLA back to fax the details through to them.

When I had my medical in Feb, they sent through 1 Dr. When I contacted the Dr they had no appointments in the 6 week timescale, I then called DVLA who gave me the phone numbers of 3 other Dr within an acceptable radius. I then had to call these Dr, see if they had any appointments and then call the DVLA back to fax the details through to them.
That is how it is supposed to happen, but more and more we have seen DVLA being awkward and refusing to allocate a different doctor, even when the ‘victim’ finds one with an early appointment themselves.... on the basis that the doctors are too busy!!!!

Just out of curiosity - I thought I'd ask yet another question.

Do the DVLA contact your GP for any further medicals you have once you are back on the road?

I'm assuming I'll probably get a 12 month temporary licence to begin with followed by a second medical in late 2021.

Do the DVLA contact the GP again second time round or is it a lot more straight forward once you are back on the road?

CJ

I have my medical finally booked for 12th Sept. license was due back 18th May! How long will it take between medical and getting my license back? Anyone had any experience? Does DVLA still have a back log getting licenses out?

I have my medical finally booked for 12th Sept. license was due back 18th May! How long will it take between medical and getting my license back? Anyone had any experience? Does DVLA still have a back log getting licenses out?

They say it can take up to 21 days. I had my medical Tuesday they are still waiting for the paperwork from the Dvla doctor they are hoping it will arrive tomorrow.

Sorry guys not been following this thread lately.Has anyone posted off their form for a medical in the last few weeks and got an appointment for your medical.I am thinking on sending mine now after all the time delay thanks les.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off