Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
Agree with Deano, I wrote an email to Tim Burton and next day got a call from DVLA saying I was on priority list, it’s not sped anything up though and still waiting to book medical, although it does seem to get their arses in gear when you can say your case is high priority

Agree with Deano, I wrote an email to Tim Burton and next day got a call from DVLA saying I was on priority list, it’s not sped anything up though and still waiting to book medical, although it does seem to get their arses in gear when you can say your case is high priority
P.s. They last told me today that they should have doctor details by end of this week

Well I think you have to have a valid reason for trying to get your license back quicker

Mine was I thought they'd sent me the wrong paperwork needlessly. Anyhow I emailed Tim Burton at 7pm last night. 10am this morning I was phoned by a guy at DVLA who apologised and said they had sent totally the wrong forms and they would be sending me details for getting my medical sorted out today.

So I can say, that if you've hit a dead end with them emailing Tim Burton really seems to work. Many thanks to whoever it was who posted this as the original tip.

I may give this a go. I had my medical a week ago today at the Avelery Centre and haven't heard back yet. Should I wait a bit longer before chasing up?

So my medical was on the 9th July (2 weeks ago) and today on my daily telephone call with DVLA they informed me they have written to my GP. I asked if they'd emailed him and they said they didn't have his email even though it was on the form I filled in. Anyway I gave it them over the phone and so now they have emailed him the DD2 form to fill in. My GP was hoping they wouldn't have to do that because he said the form is a long pain in the arse. He also said he'd ring me if he was unsure of anything on the form. I'll have been abstinent from alcohol for 16 months next week so should be no problems it's just a pain it's being dragged on even longer (16 weeks since I first sent D1 form in).

So my medical was on the 9th July (2 weeks ago) and today on my daily telephone call with DVLA they informed me they have written to my GP. I asked if they'd emailed him and they said they didn't have his email even though it was on the form I filled in. Anyway I gave it them over the phone and so now they have emailed him the DD2 form to fill in. My GP was hoping they wouldn't have to do that because he said the form is a long pain in the arse. He also said he'd ring me if he was unsure of anything on the form. I'll have been abstinent from alcohol for 16 months next week so should be no problems it's just a pain it's being dragged on even longer (16 weeks since I first sent D1 form in).
Why would they write to your GP in first place if your alcohol blood test would be zero??

Why would they write to your GP in first place if your alcohol blood test would be zero??
It is not an alcohol blood test. It is an indicator. No ones CDT test is 0% but below 1% shows abstinence from alcohol.

I filled the DR1 form in honestly and ticked yes to question 4 - Within the last 6 years have you been dependant on or regularly misused alcohol.

Also yes to question 6 - Within the last 6 years have you had a problem with your family/work or home life due to your alcohol intake?

All the others I ticked no and my last drink date was 25/03/2019 (nearly 16 months ago). My alcohol problems are all in the past and giving up the drink has been so rewarding in my personal and professional life so I didn't want to lie on the form.

My GP knows my history and I meet all the requirements set out by the DVLA to have it reinstated but they obviously just want to make sure they cover all bases.

It is not an alcohol blood test. It is an indicator. No ones CDT test is 0% but below 1% shows abstinence from alcohol.

I filled the DR1 form in honestly and ticked yes to question 4 - Within the last 6 years have you been dependant on or regularly misused alcohol.

Also yes to question 6 - Within the last 6 years have you had a problem with your family/work or home life due to your alcohol intake?

All the others I ticked no and my last drink date was 25/03/2019 (nearly 16 months ago). My alcohol problems are all in the past and giving up the drink has been so rewarding in my personal and professional life so I didn't want to lie on the form.

My GP knows my history and I meet all the requirements set out by the DVLA to have it reinstated but they obviously just want to make sure they cover all bases.
Thanks.
I thought you'd abstain from alchool few weeks before medical and drink plenty of water to pass that ctd test without envolving contacting GP's etc.
I didn't fill any forms yet.. just recieved that no medicals standard letter but I've been told to wait by the dvla and the b@stards won't let me book my own medical.

Last edited:
Just reading the above post RE the CDT test. I did a lot of research into it and I think the only way to have confidence in passing it is to not drink for as long as possible before your test. However, I got 0.7% reading as per the DVLA. I didn’t drink for 2 weeks before my test .

Does anyone have any latest developments from the DVLA about when they are going to drop all this nonscene in not booking medicals?

Boris Johnson wants people to actively return to work from August providing it is safe to do so, although I appreciate Wales may react differently to the lockdown easing.

I just think enough is enough now and the DVLA should open everything up again from say Monday 3rd August.

CJ

Thanks.
I thought you'd abstain from alchool few weeks before medical and drink plenty of water to pass that ctd test without envolving contacting GP's etc.
I didn't fill any forms yet.. just recieved that no medicals standard letter but I've been told to wait by the dvla and the b@stards won't let me book my own medical.

there have been some instances on here of licences being issued without contacting the GP but generally PC (pre COVID) it became the norm that DVLA did routinely contact the GP for High Risk Offenders.

Does anyone have a number that I will actually be able to speak to someone at the DVLA on? Every one i try says user busy or too much callers.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off