Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
Send it back to lee jones with a cover letter saying your a key worker I got mine within 5 days
Can you provide the address for LEE JONES, think that’s what I need to do as sent application and fee to normal address two weeks ago and heard nothing but need a medical first

Sorry what am I sending to them, my medical is booked for the Saturday coming, once its sent off how long will it take before I receive my licence, thanks again
It depends on what the result of the Medical is.... your answers to the questions and the CDT score, if the CDT is high they could refuse your licence. If it is medium, or your breath test was very high when you were prosecuted, they will write to your doctor for details of your medical history. How long that takes depends on your surgery and how quickly they reply to the DVLA questions.

Advice :Are the dvla sending out medical letters to keyworkers. As I have been waiting for over 2 months to receive my letter.
THANKS

Advice :Are the dvla sending out medical letters to keyworkers. As I have been waiting for over 2 months to receive my letter.
THANKS

I submitted my application early March and have lost recieved my letter regarding no medicals on the 12th June. I have spoken with Rob @ DVLA, I am also a key worker and have been told that there are NO medical appointments whatsoever being booked at the moment so I can’t even travel to one that’s taking face to face appointments. Which sounds like an utter lie given the info on here!

I submitted my application early March and have lost recieved my letter regarding no medicals on the 12th June. I have spoken with Rob @ DVLA, I am also a key worker and have been told that there are NO medical appointments whatsoever being booked at the moment so I can’t even travel to one that’s taking face to face appointments. Which sounds like an utter lie given the info on here!

Yep it is a lie. Keep pestering them. Don't give in

I sent my D1 application with a cover note to Lee Jones 9 days ago after speaking to DVLA directly They gave me his address after I stated I was a keyworker. I have also spoken to Kim Dann at the medical centre in Essex who has been exceptionally helpful - I just need DVLA to process my application so I can get the 'M' reference code. Once I have that, Kim said she would request the paperwork from DVLA. How long did you guys have to wait before you recieved a reply from Lee? Thanks.

I sent my D1 application with a cover note to Lee Jones 9 days ago after speaking to DVLA directly They gave me his addres after I stated I was a keyworker. I have also spoken to Kim Dann at the medical centre who has been exceptionally helpful. How long did you guys have to wait before you recieved a reply from Lee? Thanks.

I sent my D1 to Lee Jones on 3rd June. I recieved a response on 20th June - letter dated 16th, saying that they aren't doing any medicals at the moment. I have my medical today ?

I sent my D1 to Lee Jones on 3rd June. I recieved a response on 20th June - letter dated 16th, saying that they aren't doing any medicals at the moment. I have my medical today ?

That's good news Teaboy :) I shall wait a little longer then. Once I get that letter, I can email Kim back. Did your's have the 'M' code on it?

I have emailed a few medical centres hopefully I hear something back soon. Do you need your 'm' code?

That's good news Teaboy :) I shall wait a little longer then. Once I get that letter, I can email Kim back. Did your's have the 'M' code on it?

Yes hopefully not too long for you. Yes the 'no medicals' letter does have your 'M' reference. I recieved that letter on 20th. I phoned Kim on the 22nd and she said she would eequest my paperwork from DVLA, on the 23rd she phoned me back to say she had recieved it and to book me in.
There's definitely hope for all of us, considering my ban doesn't end until 31st August!

Yes hopefully not too long for you. Yes the 'no medicals' letter does have your 'M' reference. I recieved that letter on 20th. I phoned Kim on the 22nd and she said she would eequest my paperwork from DVLA, on the 23rd she phoned me back to say she had recieved it and to book me in.
There's definitely hope for all of us, considering my ban doesn't end until 31st August!

That's very good news indeed! I hope I get the same response time. My ban ends on the 18th August. Good luck with your medical today.

As well as stating I was a keyworker, I did write in my cover letter to Lee that I had been in touch with Kim Dann and that she needed my 'M' reference before I could book the medical. I also wrote that I been on the awareness course to take 4 months off my ban. I hope that doens't effect things.

As well as stating I was a keyworker, I did write in my cover letter to Lee that I had been in touch with Kim Dann and that she needed my 'M' reference before I could book the medical. I also wrote that I been on the awareness course to take 4 months off my ban. I hope that doens't effect things.

I wouldn't have thought it would affect it. After i made first contact with Kim on 22nd, I went onto the DVLA website and made a complaint stating that they're haply to do my medical there, I'm a key worker (I work in a care home) and that if I don't have my license back on time then I won't be able to return to my original job, suffer financial hardship etc
Other people have said on here to make a complaint if you don't get a medical. Lay it on thick about your circumstances ?

I have emailed a few medical centres hopefully I hear something back soon. Do you need your 'm' code?

I have my M code. Just aren’t getting any further with being able to book a medical in. The one I found from the list, who I were able to book in with (Previously in this thread) the DVLA told me they weren’t dvla approved and couldn’t go there. I should have been driving again a few week ago it’s so frustrating!

I wouldn't have thought it would affect it. After i made first contact with Kim on 22nd, I went onto the DVLA website and made a complaint stating that they're haply to do my medical there, I'm a key worker (I work in a care home) and that if I don't have my license back on time then I won't be able to return to my original job, suffer financial hardship etc
Other people have said on here to make a complaint if you don't get a medical. Lay it on thick about your circumstances ?

Where did you make your reply to? Could I have the details? I might try going down this route and see if I get anywhere :)

Where did you make your reply to? Could I have the details? I might try going down this route and see if I get anywhere :)

I made a complaint to their website at this address:

I think the key is to keep complaining and they will give in. Show them you're not just going to go away.

Hi All,

Just wanted to hear other people’s experiences and thought it would be worth me sharing mine also.

I am at the end of a 6 month ban which was due to end on the 9th of April. My medical was booked for the 27th of March which I tried to attend but was turned away at the front desk being told that the DVLA should have contacted me to cancel.

I have received a letter stating that: “due to the ongoing situation with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the previous examanation can no longer go ahead and we are unable to request a new examination for the next twelve weeks.”

I have called the DVLA regarding this letter and have been advised that there is nothing I can do. I can not book the medical using a private doctor and they are not dealing with medicals for people who have had their licenses revoked whatsoever as they are prioritising HGV and NHS worker medical.

I can understand the developing situation with corona virus and am sympathetic to those affected worse than I, however adding another 3 months onto my ban is heartbreaking as I had work lined up which requires me to drive which now will not be possible.

The DVLA said they will contact me if anything changes and if we can get medicals any sooner but can not give definitive answers having never experienced something like this before.

I wanted to start this thread for others to share their experiences and if there is any news on us getting a medical before MID JUNE we can discuss that here.

I have been sober since my ban and this whole situation is making me think what was the point!

I am having exactly the same problem, my license was revoked by DVLA for medical irregularities as I had a medical for my HGV job & my blood adt was above their recommended amount, that was December, Ive been ringing every week since then that Ive got to know their names, there is just no movement at all, I have now lost my job as an HGV driver because my company cannot wait any longer, so now Im off to the benefits office to claim for Alchohol Dependence benefit, stress, mental health, depression anything else I can think of as thats what they seem to have revoked my license for & everything else that goes with it,

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off