Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
Congratulations to you all, this journey can be long and lessons MUST be learnt, Ive been following posts on this forum. I was disquaified for DD, refusing to provide breath for analysis back in May 2017 and banned for 30 Months. I never took the DD course as I was going through a lot in my personal life so decided to see through the ban. In the process I significantly reduced my alcohol intake, no binging i.e may be have 4 cans of say carling every other month or so. Anyway I had my medical in August last year, paid my £90 but the cheque has never been depositied. During my suspension I sought help from my GP, and attended AA sessions and have been on anti-depressants for a good 4 years. DVLA wrote to my GP twice, in November last year and February this year but had never discussed alcohol other than with the DVLA appointed doctor. GP records show that I abused alcohol due to my personal life circumstances which I was obviously addressing through counselling. Anyway that said I have today received my licence valid for the standard 10 years, which obviously came as a shock as I was expecting a refusal at the worst and at best a short licence. Between August and this day I had never contacted DVLA to find out the progress nor did I chase it up with my GP. So for whatever reason DVLA decided that I am good enough to be given my full Liecence back. I just thought I share my journey, since my last drink (about 2 months prior to the medical) I decided that alcohol shall not be a part of my life. Good luck to you all who are on this journey hope all works out in your favour

Congratulations to you all, this journey can be long and lessons MUST be learnt, Ive been following posts on this forum. I was disquaified for DD, refusing to provide breath for analysis back in May 2017 and banned for 30 Months. I never took the DD course as I was going through a lot in my personal life so decided to see through the ban. In the process I significantly reduced my alcohol intake, no binging i.e may be have 4 cans of say carling every other month or so. Anyway I had my medical in August last year, paid my £90 but the cheque has never been depositied. During my suspension I sought help from my GP, and attended AA sessions and have been on anti-depressants for a good 4 years. DVLA wrote to my GP twice, in November last year and February this year but had never discussed alcohol other than with the DVLA appointed doctor. GP records show that I abused alcohol due to my personal life circumstances which I was obviously addressing through counselling. Anyway that said I have today received my licence valid for the standard 10 years, which obviously came as a shock as I was expecting a refusal at the worst and at best a short licence. Between August and this day I had never contacted DVLA to find out the progress nor did I chase it up with my GP. So for whatever reason DVLA decided that I am good enough to be given my full Liecence back. I just thought I share my journey, since my last drink (about 2 months prior to the medical) I decided that alcohol shall not be a part of my life. Good luck to you all who are on this journey hope all works out in your favour
I am so pleased for you. It must be great to have a licence returned. I am waiting to go for my medical. Also had really difficult personal situation which led me to alcohol and losing my licence. I have changed my relationship with the stuff now too. No news as yet from DVLA so I hope I can be as patient and calm as you.

Hi so I was convicted as a HRO 2016 Served my ban and did the course, and since had to reapply for my license every year… every year I have a gap where even though I have applied in plenty of time I have no ability to drive as I am waiting for the medical/ results or just something else from the DVLA. This time round I applied for a renewal 90 days before it was due and got the usual Doctors Questionnaire which has been filled out has filled out and returned, only to get a letter from the DVLA telling me they cannot get me a medical and sorry for the inconvenience. Is anyone else having the same issues, if the Dr has said there is no reason for me not to drive on the medical form. I do have a note of Alcohol dependency from a Dr around 2016 which I wasn’t aware of until I had a copy of last years medical questionnaire, which is not true but apparently I cant get it removed. Work is a nightmare a I dont know when I will not be able to drive next.

Hi so I was convicted as a HRO 2016 Served my ban and did the course, and since had to reapply for my license every year… every year I have a gap where even though I have applied in plenty of time I have no ability to drive as I am waiting for the medical/ results or just something else from the DVLA. This time round I applied for a renewal 90 days before it was due and got the usual Doctors Questionnaire which has been filled out has filled out and returned, only to get a letter from the DVLA telling me they cannot get me a medical and sorry for the inconvenience. Is anyone else having the same issues, if the Dr has said there is no reason for me not to drive on the medical form. I do have a note of Alcohol dependency from a Dr around 2016 which I wasn’t aware of until I had a copy of last years medical questionnaire, which is not true but apparently I cant get it removed. Work is a nightmare a I dont know when I will not be able to drive next.
I believe you can drive under section 88 while you wait for your license to be returned. But do have a read through it yourself to check you meet all the criteria.

And call the DVLA medical team to confirm ‭0300 790 6806‬.

there have been some posts elsewhere on here where people have been told by DVLA that because they have been issued with a temporary licence after going through the HRO process then they ARE entitled to drive under S88 whilst this their medical situation is being assessed, providing their doctor has told them they are fit to drive.
As BraveDave23 says, it would be best to ring DVLA and then there will be a record on your file that you have had confirmation that you are clear to drive.

Hi everyone. So just updating everyone. DVLA are letting some people take medicals. As DVLA emailed me on 5/6/20 and said I can book an appointment with the doctor which I mentioned before through gettingamedical website. And I went today and had it done. I was in and out in 10 minutes. Straight forward. So now I’m just awaiting the results and DVLAs decision.
My advice to everyone is make the complaint and DVLA are seeming to respond to it

Thanks hsb123. I am really encouraged by your post. My disqualification is done by 6th July but I need my medical and I sent the fee and the first form almost a month ago.

Hi everyone. So just updating everyone. DVLA are letting some people take medicals. As DVLA emailed me on 5/6/20 and said I can book an appointment with the doctor which I mentioned before through gettingamedical website. And I went today and had it done. I was in and out in 10 minutes. Straight forward. So now I’m just awaiting the results and DVLAs decision.
My advice to everyone is make the complaint and DVLA are seeming to respond to it
Hi I had a look on the website gettingamedical website and searched cdt test but to no avail could you tell me if that was the medical you had.

Hi I had a look on the website gettingamedical website and searched cdt test but to no avail could you tell me if that was the medical you had.

it was the hro medical. I emailed them exactly what medical was required and DVLA confirmed that they are approved and also I saw all the paperwork sent by DVLA to them. And I paid the fee of £98.50 plus vat directly to them over the phone.

Aye but you need a dvla ref num before trying to look for a clinic in first place?
Hi I contacted the approved medical centre almost 2weeks ago, they are up and running for all services but QUOTE "we've not been contacted by dvla to recommence CDT medicals." I've started complaints proceedure. Oh and I've got ref number, I wonder if I should approach medical centre again, direct and in person. Iam very keen to see reply I get from complaint within the10day period, I'll post that one!

Rang dvla just now, lady said its ok to book our own medical at dvla registed clinic if clinic agree but my situation is that i cant because i don't have a ref number as dvla still haven't scanned my D1 form I've sent last week.

Hello, has anyone found any Scottish medical practices open and willing to do HRO Medical’s? I have tried a few Glasgow ones who aren’t open yet unfortunately.

Hello, has anyone found any Scottish medical practices open and willing to do HRO Medical’s? I have tried a few Glasgow ones who aren’t open yet unfortunately.
Try wellbeing clinic 1 Blythswood Square,
G1 that's the place I had appointment at start of lockdown

Hi all

Just an update for those awaiting HRO Medical’s. Spoke to owner of Health clinic who has been in touch with DVLA and they don’t expect Medical’s to resume till September. Not great news, surely can’t be another few months.

Hi all

Just an update for those awaiting HRO Medical’s. Spoke to owner of Health clinic who has been in touch with DVLA and they don’t expect Medical’s to resume till September. Not great news, surely can’t be another few months.
lol that can't be right. His clinic might not be till sep but other clinics might starting sooner??

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off