Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi all.
Does anyone have any updates on the situation?

I called DVLA and they said they are NOT doing medicals as the labs are closed and haven’t done any since lockdown begun. But some members of The group have managed to get one. The advisor I spoke with said it was impossible for any medicals to have taken place. So now again in limbo with DVLA

Hi all.

I called DVLA and they said they are NOT doing medicals as the labs are closed and haven’t done any since lockdown begun. But some members of The group have managed to get one. The advisor I spoke with said it was impossible for any medicals to have taken place. So now again in limbo with DVLA
I spoke to them on Friday, they said no medicals at the moment, but its ok to send D1 form+fee anyway,then wait to be contacted.
Also said medicals are arranged by DVLA

They rang me the other day as I’d logged a query through the online email system.
The girl said a very small number of dr’s have started taking on medicals but until a majority decide they are ready to do so then it’s all still on hold.
She mentioned waiting for a week or so and seeing if anything changes. I can see the hold being lifted soon.
Also, I’d contacted a GP local to me (but not my DVLA appointed one as they were closed) to see if they’d Do the medical.
They advised on Friday that the DVLA have said no medicals are to be carried out until 15th June at the earliest.
I’m going to call my DVLA nominated Dr tomorrow and see what they say. If they can see me in 15th then I’m happy to wait until then.

Hi all

Just an update on my personal situation, and going to go back over a few things as people have asked.
I have had the same response from the DVLA since March 23rd (no medicals for 12 weeks which would bring us up to the week of June 8th).
Having had extensive back and forth between my allocated doctor and the DVLA I took an alternative route and started calling through doctors I found online. Found one and asked the doctors secretary to request my paper work be sent to the doctor. She deals with someone personally on the medical admin side of the DVLA and my paperwork was sent to the doctor last week Wednesday. I had my medical on Thursday. Called the DVLA and they said it would be a week or so before my results are back but I should (if my blood test results are good) have my license within two weeks. I class myself as extremely lucky (also stubborn and I have a lot of perseverance) and have used every loop hole possible. Good luck to all of you. Hopefully my next update I will have my license!

Well done forever waiting! Where about in the country are you?
do you have any alcohol issues on file with GP (that you are aware of)?

Hi all.

Spke to dvla yesterday 100% not doing medicals

Spke to dvla yesterday 100% not doing medicals
Well I had my medical last Thursday. It was very difficult to arrange and the only place that would do it was in Essex but once I gave the DVLA the name and address of the doctor in Essex and told them I had an appointment booked they sent my paperwork over. Before that they had been saying “Nowhere in the country is doing medicals”, but when you call them all they can see is the doctors within 30 miles of your postcode, none of which were doing medicals. So you can have a medical, if you’re willing to go to Essex.

Does anyone actually know when this situation with the DVLA is going to changed or when it will be reviewed?

Yesterday (Monday 1st June 2020) many people on furlough went back to work. A few high street businesses are set to re-open on the 15th June and clearly more people are having to travel into work than when the lockdown started in March.

The problem is with this sorry situation the DVLA have created, is that more people will be forced to use public transport because they haven't got their licences - this is surely compromising social distancing because the public are being advised to only use public transport unless necessary!!! This sorry situation the DVLA have created is forcing everyone's hand who is awaiting a medical to get their licence back. There is also the small number of people who cannot rely on public transport anyway who simply won't be able to return to work thus impacting on the rising number of unemployment that is going to be caused by the fallout of the virus.

The implications of what the DVLA are doing here are actually adding to the country's problems caused by the virus and having adverse effects on what the government are trying to enforce. The DVLA seriously needs to get its act together and start doing medicals as soon as possible. There is absolutely no reason why medicals cannot go ahead!!!

CJ

Does anyone actually know when this situation with the DVLA is going to changed or when it will be reviewed?

Yesterday (Monday 1st June 2020) many people on furlough went back to work. A few high street businesses are set to re-open on the 15th June and clearly more people are having to travel into work than when the lockdown started in March.

The problem is with this sorry situation the DVLA have created, is that more people will be forced to use public transport because they haven't got their licences - this is surely compromising social distancing because the public are being advised to only use public transport unless necessary!!! This sorry situation the DVLA have created is forcing everyone's hand who is awaiting a medical to get their licence back. There is also the small number of people who cannot rely on public transport anyway who simply won't be able to return to work thus impacting on the rising number of unemployment that is going to be caused by the fallout of the virus.

The implications of what the DVLA are doing here are actually adding to the country's problems caused by the virus and having adverse effects on what the government are trying to enforce. The DVLA seriously needs to get its act together and start doing medicals as soon as possible. There is absolutely no reason why medicals cannot go ahead!!!

CJ
On the 15th June it will be just over 12 weeks since the DVLA said there will be no medicals for 12 weeks. I expect they will stick to their word and medicals will begin again from then.
While I was ringing around looking for a doctor that could do my medical I spoke to a couple that told me they were not allowed to do medicals until the DVLA gave them the go ahead. So it is the DVLA preventing doctors doing the medicals.
Also I should mention, even though the DVLA insist it has to be a DVLA appointed doctor, the medical only consists of a blood test and a few questions, so there’s really no reason they can’t have let other doctors do it, they’re just a pedantic bunch.

Well I had my medical last Thursday. It was very difficult to arrange and the only place that would do it was in Essex but once I gave the DVLA the name and address of the doctor in Essex and told them I had an appointment booked they sent my paperwork over. Before that they had been saying “Nowhere in the country is doing medicals”, but when you call them all they can see is the doctors within 30 miles of your postcode, none of which were doing medicals. So you can have a medical, if you’re willing to go to Essex.

May I ask what the name and address of the doctor you used in Essex? I'm only an hour away from there. I sent in my D1 on the 18th May. I will wait until the 18th of this month to contact them (that will be 2 months before my ban is due to end) I'm hoping by then medicals will have resumed. But I may as well try to get things moving like others have done on here.

Thanks.

May I ask what the name and address of the doctor you used in Essex? I'm only an hour away from there. I sent in my D1 on the 18th May. I will wait until the 18th of this month to contact them (that will be 2 months before my ban is due to end) I'm hoping by then medicals will have resumed. But I may as well try to get things moving like others have done on here.

Thanks.
If you look back to page 7 of this thread and before this doctor in Essex is mentioned a few times. Google the surgery name and you will get the phone number. Call the surgery and book an appointment for a HRO medical. Then call the DVLA, say you have an appointment booked and give them the name and address of the doctor and ask them to send over your paperwork.
However if you’re waiting till 18th May anyway then I think by then you should be allowed to book a medical at your local DVLA appointed doctor.

Well done forever waiting! Where about in the country are you?
do you have any alcohol issues on file with GP (that you are aware of)?
Thankyou Tess! I’m in Essex. And no I don’t have any, I barely drink. I only got a 6 month ban for stupidly failing to provide and being “drunk and in charge” as I wasn’t driving and the keys weren’t even in my ignition! Answered no to all of the doctors questions from the DVLA as this was the truth. To be honest I only answered a few questions and the doctor pretty much went through it all and put no for me as he knew what my answers would be.

Thanks.
As someone has said below the details are on this thread but I will tell you here also. I used Dr Leightons Surgery in Aveley. If you call and speak to Kim she is an absolute super star and will talk you through what you have to do to get around the DVLAs “no medicals are being carried out across the country” response which couldn’t be further from the truth as I and others on this thread have proven! Good luck!

Hi Dave, I may well have seen you there I was there on Thursday also! Good luck with your process :)

Hi Dave, I may well have seen you there I was there on Thursday also! Good luck with your process :)
Ha, amazing! I think we must have been at different times as there was only a taxi driver having a drivers medical, and a load of people having some sort of quick vaccine jab done when I was there. Best of luck to you too. And thanks @mikec otherwise I would have never got this far!

Just called DVLA again guys and same response.

We cannot issue paperwork for medicals. And they’re resources are too stretched. And please don’t call. We will write to you.

???

I GOT A MEDICAL!

hi, to update you all. My situation is that I’m on a revoke (ended 30.4.20) for drug misuse. On 1.3.20 I sent of the application forms, my dr was contact by DVLA & my dr responded BEFORE lockdown, however no medical date was set

On 1.5.20 I got a letter from DVLA saying it was decided I needed a medical but they don’t expect to be able to arrange this for the ‘next 12 weeks’

I informed my employer (who’d already stood by me for a yr) & they said that if I don’t get licence back by the 12 weeks then I’ll be sacked. Got this in writing from HR department

I’m a key worker (utilities), on Friday I emailed the DVLA key worker contact with a copy of the letter, payslip & a few words basically saying if I don’t get a medical I become unemployed

I got a call earlier today from DVLA saying they’ve arranged a medical & sent the papers to the relevant dr. A letter was sent out today too

It looks like they are arranging medicals but just maybe choosing the cases that seem most desperate. My advice would be to gather some proof of your case if your job is dependant on driving. My story before I provided proof fell on deaf ears, this was my 3rd email to them

good luck all

Just called DVLA again guys and same response.

We cannot issue paperwork for medicals. And they’re resources are too stretched. And please don’t call. We will write to you.

???
I GOT A MEDICAL!

hi, to update you all. My situation is that I’m on a revoke (ended 30.4.20) for drug misuse. On 1.3.20 I sent of the application forms, my dr was contact by DVLA & my dr responded BEFORE lockdown, however no medical date was set

On 1.5.20 I got a letter from DVLA saying it was decided I needed a medical but they don’t expect to be able to arrange this for the ‘next 12 weeks’

I informed my employer (who’d already stood by me for a yr) & they said that if I don’t get licence back by the 12 weeks then I’ll be sacked. Got this in writing from HR department

I’m a key worker (utilities), on Friday I emailed the DVLA key worker contact with a copy of the letter, payslip & a few words basically saying if I don’t get a medical I become unemployed

I got a call earlier today from DVLA saying they’ve arranged a medical & sent the papers to the relevant dr. A letter was sent out today too

It looks like they are arranging medicals but just maybe choosing the cases that seem most desperate. My advice would be to gather some proof of your case if your job is dependant on driving. My story before I provided proof fell on deaf ears, this was my 3rd email to them

good luck all
hi buddy,can I ask you when you say drug abuse ,can you please explain as am not 100 per cent about my dg10 conviction and a medical.thankyou

hi buddy,can I ask you when you say drug abuse ,can you please explain as am not 100 per cent about my dg10 conviction and a medical.thankyou

I was using Ketamine regularly. I reported to my employer as was looking for help. They referred me to occupational health, they advised me I must inform the DVLA as I’m breaking my companies insurance policy. On informing DVLA they revoked my licence & said I must have a year abstinence before I can get my licence back

I was using Ketamine regularly. I reported to my employer as was looking for help. They referred me to occupational health, they advised me I must inform the DVLA as I’m breaking my companies insurance policy. On informing DVLA they revoked my licence & said I must have a year abstinence before I can get my licence back
Ok ace thankyou for your reply,hope all goes well

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off