HGV Licence back after drink drive ban.

Convicted Driver Insurance

sam9001

Well Known Member
Hi, does anyone know what I've to do to get my hgv licence reinstated now?, I've had my normal licence since the 28th of January, and went to see the traffic commissioner in October last year, where he told me that I could have my hgv licence back after I'd had my normal licence 3 months.

Just wondered what I have to do to get it?, do I just speak to the dvla or what?

cheers guys/girls

Hi, does anyone know what I've to do to get my hgv licence reinstated now?, I've had my normal licence since the 28th of January, and went to see the traffic commissioner in October last year, where he told me that I could have my hgv licence back after I'd had my normal licence 3 months.

Just wondered what I have to do to get it?, do I just speak to the dvla or what?

cheers guys/girls
Hi what did you lose your driving licence for.if you had hgv entitlement surely it should be reinstated automatically after the 3 months have passed.

I would phone the diva asap,I lost my drivers licence for drug driving and my ban is up in 10 weeks have you heard of anyone who has to sit a medical for drug driving thanks

No mate, not heard of a drug driving medical, although that doesn't mean there isnt one.

How will you go on regarding your job as a hgv driver with your drink driving offense as I was thinking about becoming a hgv driver but will insurance companies take me on with a dg10 code

Not too sure how this goes, but been told agencies?
Many agencies can only supply drivers to companies if they have a clean licence, or only 3 points. These are the terms that companies impose on the agency.

There is a drug drive medical for everyone banned for drug driving, it is a urine test and questionnaire.
Hi at what time before my ban is to end will the dvla inform me I have to take a medical for a dg10 offense.thanks.

You will need to apply to the DVLA for your entitlement to drive, once your application has been received the DVLA will look at your case and then arrange a DVLA medical appointment, plus they will write out to your GP......

I would phone the diva asap,I lost my drivers licence for drug driving and my ban is up in 10 weeks have you heard of anyone who has to sit a medical for drug driving thanks
Hi I was tested for drugs using a urine test.
Had to admit that I’d used drugs in the last 3 years, whilst banned!!
Wasn’t banned for drug driving but as I had to admit their use I’d expect you to get tested.

cheers guys/girls
I got mine back. But no point as no employer or agency will give me a job. They say its too much money to insure me and yet I know of a guy who went inside for murder and drug offences got 20 years and came out did his HGV and got a job. It's a bloody joke this law.

I got mine back. But no point as no employer or agency will give me a job. They say its too much money to insure me and yet I know of a guy who went inside for murder and drug offences got 20 years and came out did his HGV and got a job. It's a bloody joke this law.
I'm a hgv driver looking at a ban...do they give you it back hassle free and have you found anyone to employ you again?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off