CDT Test (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin)

Convicted Driver Insurance
Ok Honestman, thanks for the reply ?? so from what I have read, getting a score below 2% reading shouldn’t need them contacting the GP at all right? As it puts you in a green zone compared to amber and red that are more higher and will make them investigate.

@ Jadeybabe45, sorry to bother you please. I wanted to ask you how often did you drink prior to your abstinence and how much would you say you consume per week please?

Ok Honestman, thanks for the reply ?? so from what I have read, getting a score below 2% reading shouldn’t need them contacting the GP at all right? As it puts you in a green zone compared to amber and red that are more higher and will make them investigate.
DVLA will investigate most drink drive cases or HROs and especially high breath readers, the older you are then the likely hood of them investigating is 99% and this is because people will probably have some sort of history with their GP wether it be mental health or alcohol issues talked about or touched on over the years, the younger the folk then you tend not to see the GP (because they are inviceable) fact, even with a lowest CDT say 0.4 DVLA will investigate because what they find is in most drink drive cases there is a alcohol issue behind the drink drive anyway, (problems, debt, marriage,) those kind of everyday pressures that we all face, and of course the older you are then DVLA are bound to come across something that will require a medical, but let's not forget about the Glasgow bin Lorry crash (Harry Clark) who killed six innocent people and injured eighteen, he was the one who lied on his application form for a driving licence and since then DVLA had a massive wake up call and now that's why investigations take place more thoroughly.......

DVLA will investigate most drink drive cases or HROs and especially high breath readers, the older you are then the likely hood of them investigating is 99% and this is because people will probably have some sort of history with their GP wether it be mental health or alcohol issues talked about or touched on over the years, the younger the folk then you tend not to see the GP (because they are inviceable) fact, even with a lowest CDT say 0.4 DVLA will investigate because what they find is in most drink drive cases there is a alcohol issue behind the drink drive anyway, (problems, debt, marriage,) those kind of everyday pressures that we all face, and of course the older you are then DVLA are bound to come across something that will require a medical, but let's not forget about the Glasgow bin Lorry crash (Harry Clark) who killed six innocent people and injured eighteen, he was the one who lied on his application form for a driving licence and since then DVLA had a massive wake up call and now that's why investigations take place more thoroughly.......
Being in the green zone is only another part of the medical evidence......

I am 34 years old, my breath reading was about 57 or so, and my first drink drive was 2008, infact that was coming off my record 4 months before I stupidly did it again which now classed me as HRO. it was I who mentioned binge drink to my GP when I had Haemorrhoid and I don’t know if that will signal anything but I intend to keep the CDT as low as possible, does anyone who is a HRO but recently got their license back have a record of alcohol problem with their GP?

As a high risk offender you will be investigated without a shadow of a doubt, all HROs are investigated the phrase is in the wording HIGH RISK OFFENDER and you have done exactly that "you drink drove again" and with binge drinking documented with your GP you are more than likely looking at misuse, not the words you want to hear I know but realistically this will be your outcome, 6 months medical evidence (controlled drinking) where no abnormal blood markers are present and your GPs support.......prepare now........

I am 34 years old, my breath reading was about 57 or so, and my first drink drive was 2008, infact that was coming off my record 4 months before I stupidly did it again which now classed me as HRO. it was I who mentioned binge drink to my GP when I had Haemorrhoid and I don’t know if that will signal anything but I intend to keep the CDT as low as possible, does anyone who is a HRO but recently got their license back have a record of alcohol problem with their GP?
Forget it and register with your GP for a liver function test and document your last drink and say your abstaining for 12 months and the sooner the better.You have been done 2 times in 10 years

Forget it and register with your GP for a liver function test and document your last drink and say your abstaining for 12 months and the sooner the better.You have been done 2 times in 10 years
I am trying to understand your reply here, are you saying they will definitely want to speak to my GP regardless my CDT test result because I have been done twice in 10 years? and that even if it was low I will need to abstain for 1 year? sorry even though I need help to understand the procedures, this is actually the first time I am getting this type of information, why would they have me do CDT if really it means nothing to them? If they will automatically want me to abstain for a year before I can get my license back, then it would definitely be on the website for people who have done it twice in 10 years to start the abstinence from a year prior to their driving ban ending.

I am trying to understand your reply here, are you saying they will definitely want to speak to my GP regardless my CDT test result because I have been done twice in 10 years? and that even if it was low I will need to abstain for 1 year? sorry even though I need help to understand the procedures, this is actually the first time I am getting this type of information, why would they have me do CDT if really it means nothing to them? If they will automatically want me to abstain for a year before I can get my license back, then it would definitely be on the website for people who have done it twice in 10 years to start the abstinence from a year prior to their driving ban ending.
The best way i can explain this. The DVLA are getting worse and worse with drink driving and the fact you have been done 2 times in 10 years may mean they will write to your GP so i suggest you get the ball rolling and get a liver test done and abstain from drink until your medical or news from the dvla on this matter,Can cut 6/12 months off the process if you are clear and aware of it now

Dear mart as a high risk offender you will be investigated because of your drink driving two times in ten years regardless of a low CDT reading, this then may well be just part of the evidence DVLA will add to your case file, upon completion through your GP and medical history then you are liable to be classed either misuse meaning a 6months revocation with controlled drinking (14 units per week spread over 7 days) documented with your GP or 12 months revocation meaning dependency where you will need to abstain f`rom alcohol for a minimum of 1 year and you will never be allowed to consume alcohol ever again, subject to GPs report, if DVLA find alcohol issues then they will take this very seriously in considering a licence for you.......

Dear mart as a high risk offender you will be investigated because of your drink driving two times in ten years regardless of a low CDT reading, this then may well be just part of the evidence DVLA will add to your case file, upon completion through your GP and medical history then you are liable to be classed either misuse meaning a 6months revocation with controlled drinking (14 units per week spread over 7 days) documented with your GP or 12 months revocation meaning dependency where you will need to abstain f`rom alcohol for a minimum of 1 year and you will never be allowed to consume alcohol ever again, subject to GPs report, if DVLA find alcohol issues then they will take this very seriously in considering a licence for you.......
Leaning our lesson and helping others,Welsh way big boy i think (y)

So sorry to bother you guys, I have no record of alcohol dependency, misuse or any sort of treatment/monitored detox. My only fear is that one time I mentioned binge drink to my GP, when I had haemorrhoid and this has to do with sugar consumption of which alcohol can contribute too due to the amount of sugar in it. The GP confirmed that I wasn’t eating enough vegetable and fibre rich food. I was never given any sort of treatment except that I was checked and given all clear that I was fine. So will DVLA class this as dependent?

So sorry to bother you guys, I have no record of alcohol dependency, misuse or any sort of treatment/monitored detox. My only fear is that one time I mentioned binge drink to my GP, when I had haemorrhoid and this has to do with sugar consumption of which alcohol can contribute too due to the amount of sugar in it. The GP confirmed that I wasn’t eating enough vegetable and fibre rich food. I was never given any sort of treatment except that I was checked and given all clear that I was fine. So will DVLA class this as dependent?
Binge drinking to the DVLA will be classed as misuse of alcohol

Binge drinking to the DVLA will be classed as misuse of alcohol
If your GP has documented binge drinking into your notes then this will be classed as alcohol misuse to the DVLA, if anyone is drinking more than 3 drinks in one sitting then this is also classed as misuse, any alcohol issues documented with your GP will either be classed as misuse or dependency, you don't have to have meds or detox to be classed dependen....

If your GP has documented binge drinking into your notes then this will be classed as alcohol misuse to the DVLA, if anyone is drinking more than 3 drinks in one sitting then this is also classed as misuse, any alcohol issues documented with your GP will either be classed as misuse or dependency, you don't have to have meds or detox to be classed dependen....

One last thing guys, when they request your records from GP, are they asking for your full medical report or is it just the questionnaire that the GP will need to fill, which he/she will then decide if what to and what not to state in the questionnaire.

I have my medical in 4 days and I have drank 4 times in January and I have drank between 6-10 beers each time ... the last time I drank was yesturday . Will I fail the test ? I don’t drink every day it’s been one day of the weekend but when I do drink I drink quite a lot. I thought it was for people that drank everyday until I’ve checked on the website today and it mentions binge drinking can also effect the results which is what I would be classed as , should I try rearrange the appointment ? Thanks

Good morning to you @Jadeybabe45, please may I ask if you were considered a HRO before your medical and if there was anything relating to alcohol on your medical records cause all these is confusing now.

One last thing guys, when they request your records from GP, are they asking for your full medical report or is it just the questionnaire that the GP will need to fill, which he/she will then decide if what to and what not to state in the questionnaire.

When I did a subject Access Request, the DVLA held over 300 pages of medical history about me. They had my GP records, psychiatric reports, reports from councellors, reports from hospitals, reports from addiction services, reports from being detoxed, care plans from my mental health key worker... The whole lot. Once you tick the box giving permission for them to look into your health they can get everything that the NHS hold.

When I did a subject Access Request, the DVLA held over 300 pages of medical history about me. They had my GP records, psychiatric reports, reports from councellors, reports from hospitals, reports from addiction services, reports from being detoxed, care plans from my mental health key worker... The whole lot. Once you tick the box giving permission for them to look into your health they can get everything that the NHS hold.
Ok understood that part, I am just thinking about the chances of them asking my GP for my record or not.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off