DRUG DRIVING

Convicted Driver Insurance

Shumbo

Last Sunday I stupidly smoked a couple joints with my friend and got behind the wheel. There's no excuse for it and I'm beating myself up about it. It's the first time I've been arrested or even in trouble with the police and I'm pretty frightened. I took the road side drug test and failed so they took me to the station for a blood test and now I'm waiting for the result. I keep googling the penalties and I'm getting more and more worried that I'll get a criminal record or even face a sentence. I'm supposed to be going away in 2 months as well and Im unsure if I'm allowed to go abroad. I know this so a drink driving forum but I don't know where else to go, I'm really in a hard place at the minute. Any information about this would be helpful, thank you

hey its hard to say what will happen so i got pulled for drug driving got took police station this was on 2nd of jan 2020 then last week police called me saying no further action due to not enough blood sample taken however worse case for first offence is a 12 month ban regardless and a fine no way around it if your blood level is over ? what are the time scales pal ?

hey its hard to say what will happen so i got pulled for drug driving got took police station this was on 2nd of jan 2020 then last week police called me saying no further action due to not enough blood sample taken however worse case for first offence is a 12 month ban regardless and a fine no way around it if your blood level is over ? what are the time scales pal ?
The blood test is definitely going to be over we smoked 3 joints in 3/4 hours and then I got pulled over about and hour/ an and half after the last one and the Blood sample was taken 2/3 hours after that.

I know for a fact I'm going to be way over the limit so I'm more worried about getting a criminal record more than anything

yeah true u will have a criminal record for 11 years and dr10 and 12 month ban defo if over fingers crossed might still be under depends how strong it was also busy time of year they have 6 months to lay stuff to court or its no further action fingers crossed for u buddy

You will have a criminal record if you are convicted of drug driving. From how you describe the events it seems certain that you will be over the low legal limit set for this offence.
You will probably get a 12 month ban (that is the minimum) and there are no set guidelines as to how big a ban you should receive, like there is for drink driving, plus there is no rehabilitation course to reduce the length of your ban.
The conviction is discloseable for 5 years for ordinary jobs and insurance purposes, but if you need to have an enhanced check for a caring or financial role (called a DBS disclosure) then you would have to disclose the conviction for 11 years if this is your only criminal conviction, or for life if you have or get any other criminal convictions, not just drink / drugs driving.

You will have a criminal record if you are convicted of drug driving. From how you describe the events it seems certain that you will be over the low legal limit set for this offence.
You will probably get a 12 month ban (that is the minimum) and there are no set guidelines as to how big a ban you should receive, like there is for drink driving, plus there is no rehabilitation course to reduce the length of your ban.
The conviction is discloseable for 5 years for ordinary jobs and insurance purposes, but if you need to have an enhanced check for a caring or financial role (called a DBS disclosure) then you would have to disclose the conviction for 11 years if this is your only criminal conviction, or for life if you have or get any other criminal convictions, not just drink / drugs driving.
Thank you, I'm preparing myself for the worst case scenario. Definitely learnt my lesson here

i was like that pal i wont do it again my rule now no weed if driving that day or close if that makes sense ill only smoke at weekends when i dont need car now

mate just fingers crossed yes from your hours u will defo be over however the labs are so busy right now there is still a chance there aint enough blood sample like me so i got no further action, could be over 6 months to get back to u there for no further action just fingers crossed pal u could be lucky mate

May I ask how regularly you smoke? it has no bearing on your current predicament.
I have been interested in the drug drive laws more or less since they started. I really fail to see how/why the level of cannabis you can have in your system is so much lower than harsher mind bending drugs such as heroin and cocaine. I have in the past occasionally smoked but haven’t ever driven that day. I don’t tend to buy it. But if there’s one being passed around I will partake...it’s the way it lingers around ur body for hours/ days that does concern me even for low level usage.
As you have been open about smoking an hour before it would be really interesting to know what your reading is. if you would be prepared to update us in the progress I would be most grateful.

Last Sunday I stupidly smoked a couple joints with my friend and got behind the wheel. There's no excuse for it and I'm beating myself up about it. It's the first time I've been arrested or even in trouble with the police and I'm pretty frightened. I took the road side drug test and failed so they took me to the station for a blood test and now I'm waiting for the result. I keep googling the penalties and I'm getting more and more worried that I'll get a criminal record or even face a sentence. I'm supposed to be going away in 2 months as well and Im unsure if I'm allowed to go abroad. I know this so a drink driving forum but I don't know where else to go, I'm really in a hard place at the minute. Any information about this would be helpful, thank you
Hi buddy sorry to hear about your situation,I was caught in october2018 and convicted in march 2019.i only smoke resin and had a two hour gap from my arrest and my bloods being taken.I was three times over the limit.i stupidly paid over six thousand pound to a law firm which was a waste of time and money,I pleaded guilty in court.i got 15 months ban and a small fine and a hard lesson leaned lost my house and job and received a dg10 on my licence.A criminal conviction for 5 years and car insurance will increase by 80 per cent.Looking back I could have got a longer ban and a dr code on my license which is more savere.dress smartly show remorse in court get a push bike and start counting down the months its surprising how fast time goes by.Learnby your mistake.let us know how you get on.

Hi buddy sorry to hear about your situation,I was caught in october2018 and convicted in march 2019.i only smoke resin and had a two hour gap from my arrest and my bloods being taken.I was three times over the limit.i stupidly paid over six thousand pound to a law firm which was a waste of time and money,I pleaded guilty in court.i got 15 months ban and a small fine and a hard lesson leaned lost my house and job and received a dg10 on my licence.A criminal conviction for 5 years and car insurance will increase by 80 per cent.Looking back I could have got a longer ban and a dr code on my license which is more savere.dress smartly show remorse in court get a push bike and start counting down the months its surprising how fast time goes by.Learnby your mistake.let us know how you get on.
Thanks for replying, this is probably the realest thing i wanted to hear. I've kinda come to terms with it all I've made my bed so I've gotta lie in it. Sorry to hear about the law firm situation, from what I've looked at they pray on people that are desperate to get out of a shitty situation.do you think it's useful to get a solicitor still though? I mean I'm in the wrong, my result are going to be over the limit so I'm just thinking that there isn't any point? Sorry to hear about your house and job too, I hope things have been on the up since

Thanks for replying, this is probably the realest thing i wanted to hear. I've kinda come to terms with it all I've made my bed so I've gotta lie in it. Sorry to hear about the law firm situation, from what I've looked at they pray on people that are desperate to get out of a shitty situation.do you think it's useful to get a solicitor still though? I mean I'm in the wrong, my result are going to be over the limit so I'm just thinking that there isn't any point? Sorry to hear about your house and job too, I hope things have been on the up since
Hi buddy yes your right they do prey on people so don't waste your money.a dg10 code is the lowest drug driving code the judge can give you so hope for this"....dr codes are more serious"......you will proberley get you bloods back with 5 or 6 weeks looking back I should have just pleaded guilty at the first hearing.if you do deciece to plead guilty at the first hearing I may be worth hiring a solicitor but not a drug driving solicitor just a decent independent one who will focus on mitigation.will you lose your job.......check the sentencing guildlines for drug driving on google I think the best you can hope for is 12 month ban and a fine"......

Hi buddy yes your right they do prey on people so don't waste your money.a dg10 code is the lowest drug driving code the judge can give you so hope for this"....dr codes are more serious"......you will proberley get you bloods back with 5 or 6 weeks looking back I should have just pleaded guilty at the first hearing.if you do deciece to plead guilty at the first hearing I may be worth hiring a solicitor but not a drug driving solicitor just a decent independent one who will focus on mitigation.will you lose your job.......check the sentencing guildlines for drug driving on google I think the best you can hope for is 12 month ban and a fine"......
Yeah I'm going to look up DG and Dr codes today, I've never heard of them before. Think the minimum is a 12 month ban, small fine and a criminal record so I'm hoping for that of all things. Ill be alright in my job, I'm a self employed sparky and I live in a town/city so there'll be local work about

Hi buddy that's proberly the best you can hope for.good to hear your still in work.let me know how you get on in court.all the best

Awwww pal, sorry to hear this it's such a bummer. Not sure if it helps but I got convicted in Scotland for DD with a breath reading of 34. Had just under 2 glasses of vino and drove 2hrs later. Now have a criminal record and a ban until the end of October this year. Get yourself an eBike, I've found that 80% of places I can get to without a car the other 20% the eBike is brilliant for. I've also lost a bit of weight because I'm more active so every cloud! You're only human we all make mistakes, re: work and a criminal record, I checked my employers PES policy and for driving related convictions they aren't too fussed as long as you haven't done something really awful like smash up someone's car, cause an accident or have a really high reading etc. You could just go with the "smoke grass for medicinal purposes angle" and I doubt it will cause you an issue as long as you are open and remorseful.

I know how your feeling I got convicted of drug driving in December, pure piss take just got 2 new cars aswell Audi q2 and Mercedes gla 250 sister and wife now driving em, I can’t even get in a car it pisses me off that much.
im 4 months into a 12 month ban got £120 fine dg10 on liscence, they only got 6 months to charge you I was 5 months and 28 days then I got charged

May I ask how regularly you smoke? it has no bearing on your current predicament.
I have been interested in the drug drive laws more or less since they started. I really fail to see how/why the level of cannabis you can have in your system is so much lower than harsher mind bending drugs such as heroin and cocaine. I have in the past occasionally smoked but haven’t ever driven that day. I don’t tend to buy it. But if there’s one being passed around I will partake...it’s the way it lingers around ur body for hours/ days that does concern me even for low level usage.
As you have been open about smoking an hour before it would be really interesting to know what your reading is. if you would be prepared to update us in the progress I would be most grateful.
I blaze every day have done for past 15 years, when I got caught I was expecting my blood to be sky high.
5.4 was my reading your allowed 2.0 apparently judge said it was a low reading got 12 month ban and 120£ fine.
I know someone who was 0.1 over reading got liscence revoked for 5 years

I blaze every day have done for past 15 years, when I got caught I was expecting my blood to be sky high.
5.4 was my reading your allowed 2.0 apparently judge said it was a low reading got 12 month ban and 120£ fine.
I know someone who was 0.1 over reading got liscence revoked for 5 years
That would have been for a second conviction in 10 years, or some nasty circumstances involving injury. You do not get a 5 year ban for a simple ‘just over‘ case.
There are no set guidelines for drug driving as there is for drink driving where the length of the ban is put into 4 brackets, but there are similar guidelines that it is suggested the magistrates follow:

Driving or attempting to drive
Triable only summarily
Maximum: Unlimited fine and/or 6 months

• Must endorse and disqualify for at least 12 months
  • Must disqualify for at least 2 years if offender has had two or more disqualifications for periods of 56 days or more in preceding 3 years – refer to disqualification guidance. Magistrates: consult your legal adviser for further guidance
  • Must disqualify for at least 3 years if offender has been convicted of a relevant offence in preceding 10 years – consult your legal adviser for further guidance
If there is a delay in sentencing after conviction, consider interim disqualification

As a guide, where an offence of driving or attempting to drive has been committed and there are no factors that increase seriousness the Court should consider a starting point of a Band C fine, and a disqualification in the region of 12–22 months. See below for the list of factors that increase seriousness. Please note this is an exhaustive list and only factors that appear in the list should be considered.

Where there are factors that increase seriousness, the Court should consider increasing the sentence on the basis of the level of seriousness.

The community order threshold is likely to be crossed where there is evidence of one or more factors that increase seriousness. The Court should also consider imposing a disqualification in the region of 23–28 months.

The custody threshold is likely to be crossed where there is evidence of one or more factors that increase seriousness and one or more aggravating factors. The Court should also consider imposing a disqualification in the region of 29–36 months.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off